Writing and Art Museum: Name Change Time???

Astaroth

[*screaming into the void intensifies*]
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
Our Writing and Art Museum has been getting a lot of activity and is going to be getting a big facelift soon to compensate! While we're at it, we're thinking that maybe a name change is in order too. "Museum" doesn't really fit, in our opinions, because it isn't just for showcases anymore. People can post their art shops, discussions, tutorials, feedback, and requests for art or banners or signatures!

But we can't think of anything good. >:[

This is where you come in! Post alternative name suggestions! If we like your idea enough, we will use it. Then you will have gloating rights FOREVER because you named a forum on Iwaku.

YOUR REQUIREMENTS:

1. It has to be clear from the name that it is for writing and art. Not just art. We are primarily a roleplaying and writing site and while we appreciate all of our artists- especially the ones making character art, banners, and forum signatures for our members and their roleplays- we don't want people to forget the writers, poets, and even the lyricists who also use this section.

2. Do not put "Corner" anywhere in the name. "Corner" sounds like a twee kiddie craft area and we are way too cool for that shit.

EDIT: 3. Avoid using "Creative" in the name. We already have a forum called "Creative Challenges"!

SUGGEST AWAY!

Last edited:
You startled me there, I thought you meant we were changing the name of Iwaku...

Uh, I don't have any suggestions for this forum, though. Maybe something with "creative arts"? Sorry, I'm not feeling very creative at the moment.

@Lady Bernkastel

Diana is a fearmonger!

Also, whoops, thanks for the thought but I should have added not to use "creative" because it's too close to one of our other Content forums.

Would something such as 'Art Showcase' be a good one? Something of that nature? Art does include everything mentioned by my standard, so just something to throw out there~

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
Express yourself Lane? Maybe? Or, Innovative ways of a pencil or pen? Or, Expressive Writings and Arts?

I dunno but heres a few things that randomly appeared in my mind. *waves goodbye and dances away*

• Thank You
No let's go classic... Because its both a showcase and a place you can "buy" artwork.

Artisan's Square (Any variation there of; Artisan Square, Square of Equal Artisans)
The Artisan Marketplace

I see that Iwaku forums favor "Places" you can go. i.e "The Catacombs, Graveyard, Community Hub, Roleplay Institute"
Why not a place to trade, admire, and mentor for Graphics, Drawings etc.

Hope this has been even slightly helpful. :3

• Iwaku's Art Center
  • Literature and Arts Ward(Yes, I said ward. We've got some batshit-crazy awesome artists up in this joint. Kidding, kidding; everyone here is awesome, not just our artists.)
  • Artist's Nation
  • Artist's Escape
  • Ye Old Hall Of Art(you know you like it. Haha, not really.)
  • Nope. You thought I had more ideas, but I don't. Seriously. Stop reading this message already.
  • What's your problem?? I already said I don't have anything else!
  • Seriously!!
  • ..Get on with life already.

Diagon Alley :D No? Damn...

Oeuvre Court.

Oeuvre: The work of an artist, composer, or author.

The only problem is I keep reading it as Ovarie Court...

Last edited:
  • Thank You
A salon was a place where philosophers and artists would gather to share and compare ideas during the renaissance...

Maybe we could do something with that?

And a tertulia was basically the same thing, except in Latin America and Iberia.

• Thank You
So I'm sorry to double post, but I don't want to edit again and risk destroying the cookie. It is mine! Mine, I say!

So maybe something like Salon Aléatoire? (Basically means like a random showcase, but it sounds all fancy)

• Thank You
The cookies make me happy, though they probably aren't good for me, what with all the candy I've been snarfing all day...

But I am never one to turn down a cookie!

TBH, when I saw this I thought of something along the lines of an alteration, so.....

Print & Pictorialization Palace.

or something along those lines...

*shrugs* *shot*

Imagination Station
Ink and Blots
Journaleseum
Pen and Paintbrush
Artistic Splash
WritArt
Scrawl Wall
Scrawl Stall
Script Ship