Without Heaven [OOC + Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!!! I was watching Memoirs of A Geisha and got my general idea there. I'll edit my CS as soon as I finished all my classes. Again, so sorry >_<

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!!! I was watching Memoirs of A Geisha and got my general idea there. I'll edit my CS as soon as I finished all my classes. Again, so sorry >_<
hey, like i said. I know its a popular stereotype in the west and I figured you had likely never been told about its origins, so no harm done ^_^/

Might be a little late on the character themes but here I go.

Kirose:

Shigane:

vVuyxR0.png

So I'm currently working on a map and I need some help guys. Since some of the characters here have certain territories, I'll need you to fill up this short form.

Code:
Name: (This is the name of the location. It could be a village, a mountain/mountain range, harbor, etc.)
Description: (Describe this location in a paragraph or two.)

Using the map above, place a mark where this place is located in the island.

-Optional-
If you would like to include some pictures as reference to this place, feel free to do so.

I especially need @Buio, @Solar✹Blitzfang43, and @Vonghese to describe their character's territories.

Name: U~oriāzuritorīto (Warrior's Retreat)

Description:
The land around his small dojo is surrounded on all sides by plenty of plant life making it quite hard to be found. While most would have expected the strongest of the Blades of Dominion to have quite the extravagent abode Kirose prefers to keep to the simple living of a small home disconnected from the outside world. He always comes here when he needs to train in private or enjoy a few moments of peace away from the other Blades. This dojo also servers like a normal one where any who wish to challenge him may feel free to, but he's more likely to take the challenge here since it shows great determination to search out this place for a simple duel. Although that being said he won't take on any students because he sees that as a waste of his time since no one outside of his group has shown enough skill to even stand toe to toe with him in battle. Its location can be found in the farthest corner south-east of Jigokumon.

Appearance:
m_120714082020kaku20aoyagike.jpg

Name: Kurishina

Description: Fishing village in the bay east of the volcano on the southern coast. Tidy and well-kept. There are farms inland, in the volcanic soil. A lot of obsidian rock in the area. The fisherfolk are poor, but they've been there a long time, and their houses are sturdy and well mantained. The harbor isn't big enough to support more than a couple of proper-sized ships, but all manner of small fishing vessels are docked there. Prominent buildings include a small shinto temple, the old dojo Aito is working out of and fixing up, a community theater, a market place, several warehouses, and a stable. Fresh fish are delivered inland to the farmers, the rest are salted and put away in the warehouse.

Done editing my CS. Please tell me if there's something else you want me to change~

I read a good story once (supposedly true) about an old karate master and a young karate master, who met at a tournament. They easily outshone everyone else there, but the judges were not qualified to discern who was the greater. Their forms were flawless, their kumite always a draw. When they grappled, neither could gain advantage over the other. When they tested their strength and balance against each other in bo staff wrestling, they stood stock-still for half an hour, reacting to each other too quickly for visible movement. They broke everything held against them, and the judges were at their wit's end. Eventually the judges were making up events for them to compete in. They tested single technique, and nobody could tell who was greater.

Finally the judges asked to see their greatest kick.

The old karate master went first. He stood quietly before them, eyes half-closed, and he focused himself. Then he exploded straight up in a strange flipping technique nobody had ever seen. He landed perfectly, and everyone was confused till he pointed to the ceiling where the damage told its tale. He'd kicked straight up, broken the ceiling, and stuck the landing.

The young karate master tried to duplicate this amazing feat, blew it, and fell flat on his ass.

The young karate master turned to the old karate master, bowed, and begged to become his student. The old karate master accepted, as was tradition, and thus was the tournament resolved.

Reactions: TravisBM
I would like some description of the existing landmarks, unless I missed where they were posted earlier.

Reactions: WarriorHeart
spent 3 hours moving-in some neighbors one floor above mine So I'll be putting up my descriptions of the volcano and the pirate-harbor village in the next post, tomorrow. I'm really surprised by how well-accomodating a that generic island picture was to nearly every descriptor we had come up fr the island up to this point haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarriorHeart
Akuma no kuchi

'The Devil's mouth'. This dormant volcano looms over the southern coast of Ritenkyo, it's south and west cliffs rising directly from the sea and climbing up in a near vertical inline up to the highest point on the island; a giant, gaping, maw-like crater that last rained fire and brimstone hell upon the southern portion of the island some seventy years ago. Recently, some say they have heard the old mountain stirr in its sleep, and some south-eastern communities are wondering if perhaps it may be better to relocate before they become part of what makes the volcanic soil so fertile. In staunch defiance of this stands the Mad smith's workshop where he and 176 variously obtained disciples work tirelessly to create the most beautiful tools of death Ritenkyo has seen (that were not crafted out of the corpses of sinners anyway). There is a road constructed from this location that allows relatively quick travel to Kurogane-ko, from which Muramasa gets steady shipments of materials to work with thanks to his many contracts and outlets in the city. Unfortunately what is relatively fast in relation to otherwise traversing the harsh and winding terrain of the mountain base region, becomes tragically slow when related to cascading rivers of red hot death one might want to escape from.

Kurogane-ko
Black Gold Harbor

Known as the 'hidden gem of the south seas', this thriving pirate port is what became of a small fishing village located hidden in an inlet on the south coast of Ritenkyo which just so happened to hug the western base of Akuma no Kuchi. It was discovered seventy years ago that the south and western portions of the volcano's bowl were significantly more elevated than the north and east, so in spite of their proximity to the mountain the village suffered nearly no damage as the lava flow was directed away from them. They were hidden a way in a perfect blind spot for the mountain's fury. And since no one else would be crazy enough to come try and establish themselves that close to the mountain until a few decades had passed and people had forgotten their fear and respect for its might again, the village was left to thrive and expand knowing full well it was in a golden location. It's unclear if the already shady inhabitants of the village simply decided to make a pirate port of it some time down the line, or if the suitable location was simply spotted by a roving band of pirates when it started developing and was taken over, but either way by the time the rest of the island became aware of Kurogane-ko's existence again, it had become a favoured harbour for the regional wokou and poachers.

When Muramasa became the second blade he immediately spotted the potential in the location and opened his initial, smaller workshop there. Selling his wares to the pirates (in between furnishing the needs of the Mana cult in return for their sponsorship), Muramasa used his shockingly keen business sense to establish strong business relations with key individuals who would be of great use to him later. The quality of his work (even as he was still busy instilling in his first group of disciples the madness they would need to create works of true beauty) was enough for him to attract a good-enough customer base that after two years of near constant economical scheming, arranging, and hustling, Muramasa had gathered the capital to construct his true workshop at the mountain base. Leaving the previous workshop to serve as a secondary outlet, Muramasa funnelled a significant portion of his ongoing profits from his weapons trade into funding the businesses of certain partners in the harbour he had established good relations with. Like this the Three blades' finances have directly been responsible for the recent stimulation of the port's economy and attraction of international clientele, and everyone knows it. While the Three Blades have no official base in the port, everyone knows they own it in practice now thanks to Muramasa.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.