D

Desaecula

Original poster

SO.. i have an intro, and some cool backstory.. nothign more. would anyone be interested in this sort of world for a Rp? It creates a theme, but could be played in any number of genre's i think.

Thanks for your input,
DESAECULA

-)WINGS(-
ATROX ANHELL
<o:p> </o:p>​
The tombstone stood as a blackened monument to a life the dates upon it said was taken too soon. The man in question had only lived 47 years on this earth before he was called. However, today, there is nobody left to mourn him. In truth, nobody in the city beside the cemetery even knows who he was, or why he was so important that the resting place of his earthly vessel was given such a lavish burial. An occult expert was commissioned by the city board to investigate the mysterious tomb of Connor Isaac Harm.
But soon, Fate would take his first victim involved with the tomb of Harm. The expert was found dead at the tomb the next morning, robbed naked, raped, and stabbed. Several men where arrested, plead guilty, and where put to justice.
There was never a more eerie sight than the fog drifting around the stones of the hilly graveyard just outside the city. From near every skyscraper there, the cemetery spans over the horizon, a bleak reminder of wealthy men's mortality.
Yet no one ever thought of the WHY... just the HOW. The city was dangerous, and thugs often went to odd places to do their dirty work. However, the experts called in where ghost-hunters seeking supernatural closure. Their camera's poised, and their mission clear, they spent the night at the cemetery investigating. What they found was startling… and each of the seven men contracted a dire form of influenza from the chilly night, each of them was hospitalized before their findings could be reviewed. And their deaths loom over the city still. Eight years have passed, and no one dares
The words written on the grave were etched in scrolling letters along the once-smooth surface of the black granite. Stains of mineral deposits bled from the engraved verse like silver tails in the moonlight.
IN VENERE VERITAS<o:p></o:p>
Have no fear<o:p></o:p>
There are wounds that are not meant to heal<o:p></o:p>
And they sing, <o:p></o:p>
In Venere Veritas<o:p></o:p>
Come inside, <o:p></o:p>
Let the fire burn you alive, <o:p></o:p>
And sing, baby sing, <o:p></o:p>
There are wounds that are not meant to heal…<o:p></o:p>
At all.<o:p></o:p>
Who are the Atrox? Celestial beings with a higher intellect, or perhaps just another freakish creature that see's mankind as inferior? No one knows, not even those <st1:place w:st="on">Chosen</st1:place> by the Atrox.
<o:p> </o:p>
From the diary of William Marcionni.
The first time I realized something was amiss was in January. The winter had been harsh, and I had not been paying attention to my health very much. I had skipped doctor's visits to plow snow for neighbors, and It was undoubtedly my own neglect that made the transformation seem like nothing special in the beginning. However, don't get me wrong, I was hygienic, I just didn't really take the time to notice the odd blackened marking patterning their way over my back.
I found the first markings in late April when the summer air started to seep through the open windows. I had gone to the barn out back to do some spring cleaning, and found the weather too hot to wear a shirt. The reflection from the sheet-metal I was moving showed me the greatest surprise of my life…tattoo-like markings swirling out around from my shoulder blades and moving up to my shoulders. When I turned, I could see the faint and shaded edges of what appeared to be the beginnings of a VERY elaborate wing design of tribal origin… however. I had NEVER ONCE even entertained the notion of inking my flesh. I pulled my shirt back on when my neighbor's truck pulled up, lest he see.
Later that week, I noticed the edges of the wings had crept again, growing like a plague rash to envelope my entire shoulder and collarbone…. Like wings wrapped around a bird body as it sat resting. Looking back, my confusion and terror were less than half what they should've been. Maybe that was the telltale sign that these marks were not dangerous. Now I see the truth... The wings are tools. My god, what if other people have them too? Perhaps magic does exist in the world.
By autumn, the wings had become itchy, their black inked lines stiffening, and beginning to feel heavy. When once they were simply designs that glowed faintly in darkness, now they were annoying, their glow burning... As if they were something crawling under my skin…I was right.
Several nights later the pain was crippling I lay on my stomach in bed, sweating like a woman I labor. I turned up the music and took another shot of whiskey, trying to muffle my cries of pain. Finally I could take it no longer. I kneeled on the bed and started scratching at my skin angrily, bloody chunks plugging up beneath my fingernails as I screamed in rage and agony. First there was pain… then relief as the edges of the black THINGS began to wriggle up through the ruined skin. The tattoo marks had become something real beneath my flesh and began tearing out of my skin, stretching the skin.. Then breaking it with their spiny, sharp, black forms. My upper arms erupted with the edges of the tribal-floating designs, all one solid pieces of black inky material that looked like wrought iron fencing. The pain subsided only when the wings flowed behind me, my reflexion in the mirror like that of a fallen angel… that is how I grew my wings. And I still have the scars to prove it. A single Term has emblazoned itself in my mind since that day.
ATROX ANHELL

I am definitely interested in the idea. Sign me up!

sweet. maybe i should have mentioned thsi plot will be noob friendly too! ^_^

I want in, mate, this sounds awesome!

damn, looks like I'm gonna have to start writing plotstuffs now! XD

dooo-eeettt!!! WANT PLOT *does victory dance*

THE SETUP
we are in present day. starting int eh spring of 2012. nothing apocalyptic at all here though. the problem arises when during the three days of the full moon, each and every one of our players is outside at one point or another, and they become enthralled by the moon, starign at it, and waking up in bed the next morning, unaware of what they had done. this will happen to them all three nights of the full moon.

what exactly they did on the full moon nights will be revealed later int eh story, and there WILL be some secrets i will keep from my players, but if you happen to figure somethign out IN GAME ONLY, i will make sure that the truth is revealed.

Each of your characters is from the same small-town in the american mid-west. no nightclubs, no street gangs, no natural nussance save the occasional wild animals.

THE PLOT

Our story begins only a few weeks before the end of the school year. you are either a teacher, or a student. the only difference will be your age group. The summer weather is starting to slip over the plaines, and everyone is ready for summer. It has been a few weeks since the incident at the full moon. Your characters begin to notice their tattooes forming slowly, and their reactions and such will be your first posts. we are literally starting from the very beginning.

The students and teachers will very quickly find they have the same problem in common, and group together trying to figure out whats going on. eventually, i will randomly select one of you to feel the wings squirming under your flesh, once that person posts, all of you will have the exact thing happen at once, from there, Our RP is completely open.

The problem facing you for our first chapter will be the wings themselves, fighting their powers, fighting off the energies.. and then, comes the creatures.... the creatures will be attacking people, completely unseen by anyone but those with the wings.

QUICK NOTES

-you are a level one human with no class-this is both a joke, and a reference upon your powers and such.
-Each persons first post will be what happened on the full moon nights.
-I will post some more stuff for you, and your second posts, once everyone has already posted, will be the followign monday, at the beginning of school.

Still interest everyone? any ideas? I'll be writing a short story for the introduction and postign up the OOC if we can find maybe one or two more players, so get out there and advertise! ^_^

Sweet, more players! I think i can post the more organized OOC by the end of the day. ^_^

So, exactly what genre do you plan this to be? Horror? Urban Fantasy? Or something else? Just curious as to what to expect exactly.

Urban fantasy. Sci-fi month may be going on right now, but i jsut don't see a futuristic angle working with this story, basically i'm thinking the wings are going to be treated like a mutation, and the mutants in X-MEN were not well accepted, why would people with what appear to be wings reminiscent of angelic connotations be treated any better?

Keeping the secret is going to be half the fight.