Who would win in this ULTIMATE POWER BATTLE?

Who would win this fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman.

Vs. Gandalf - Ol' White Robes would never see Supes coming and since Kal-El is deathly susceptible to magic, he wouldn't waste any time leveling the master wizard with a punch to the face that'd crack Mt. Doom down the center.

Vs. Sergio the Sexy Sax Man - Superman wouldn't risk a direct confrontation with this madman. He's probably just drop a small island on him and call it a day from there.

Vs. Goku - Ah, the toughest fight to call. Both are noble fighters know the world over for their boyscout-ish and even playful attitudes towards life and combat alike. Both have taken the lives of others when the situation has called for it and both have given their lives to save... LITERALLY everyone. (Now Cell Vs. Doomsday. THERE'S a fight!)
Yes, Goku's powers are magic based and he's a top martial artist, but if Superman can take down the likes of an insane, yellow lantern wielding Superboy (at the time, the most destructive force in the DC Universe), then Son Goku is going to need a whole lot more than a bag of Senzu beans, his power pole and the ability to go SSJ5 to take down the Man Of Steel.

I'm sorry, but as kick ass as Gandolf is, and as powerful as Superman is, Goku would win.

Superman had established powers, and weaknesses. His weakness (Kryptonite), reduces his strength to the point where a child could beat him to death, or a mere stab would could ultimately do him in.

Goku is from a universe and canon where the extent of his (and other's) power wasn't nearly as defined and concrete as Superman. Goku's power continued to grow and evolve, granting him new abilities almost at a constant pace.

The effect of DB Ki blasts on Superman is almost impossible to speculate, but it's safe to assume their effect on him would be little to none. As by DC canon, it's implied that he is practically indestructible. However, being from a foreign planet, and having traveled through space with the DB canon, it's not unrealistic to think that Goku (or one of his friends) might have come into possession of Kryptonite.

Based on the extent of Goku's power, and the defined limitations of Superman's, PLUS the Kryptonite (Goku has NO such glaring weakness that we know of), Goku would endure, defeating Superman, likely via Spirit Bomb, or some classic DB/Goku move.

DC fans will undoubtedly revolt over this, but factually, logically speaking and thinking, this is just how it unfolds in my eyes. Goku's limits grant him an edge based on the fact that DB canon is much more ridiculous and extreme. Superman's limits are clear cut and set in stone. To me, that gives Goku an edge on the battlefield.

Sooo... because Goku can essentially God Mode because his creator sucks at defining limitations, he wins? Lame.

Also, a Spirit Bomb only works on people who aren't pure at heart (evil asshats like Freiza and his ilk), so it would have nil effect on Supes.

And another thing, WHY would any of the Z Fighters hold on to Kryptonite? It's literally just chunks of rock floating in space. There would be zero reason to keep it on hand unless you knew that it was Superman's weakness, which they wouldn't. On top of that, Kryptonite causes cancer. Let's let Earth's Mightiest Warriors die in battle and not in the oncology ward, shall we? lol ;)

I can see that Superman Vs. Goku would be a tough fight to call and that it would come down to personal preference and/or which you have more knowledge of. But I think that we can all agree that this fight would be hard fought and that the winner would need some well deserved rest (or senzu beans).

Green glowing rocks that emit a very special type of radiation.

I knew DC kids couldn't hold my opinion on the subject.

An now you have to calculate the odds that any of the Z Fighters or ANYONE they've come in contact with have actually found any of these rocks. Since, you know there's a WHOLE FUCKING UNIVERSE for them to look through. Pretty low chance if you ask me.

AND you seem to be forgetting that even if Goku did find Kryptonite, he wouldn't use it against Superman. Why, you ask? Because it wouldn't be a fair fight. Goku always wants his opponents at the top of their game. Honor in combat and all of that jazz.

So, once again, we find that Kryptonite is inconsequential to the subject of Goku v. Superman.

In your opinion...

If you want to get right down to splitting hypothetical hairs on the subject, neither actually exist, nor do they share a realm of canon together.

Therefore, this hypothetical battle would never take place, period.

Getting too deep into shit like this ruins it. Just say your vote is for Superman, and explain why. Any deeper than that, and you compromise the integrity of the entire concept.

Actually, I believe pussing out and saying "neither actually exist" and "Therefore, this hypothetical battle would never take place, period." after takng the time to argue your point is what ruins it. That was basically like saying, "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

And I'd like to point out that I gave an out to this argument by saying;
"But I think that we can all agree that this fight would be hard fought and that the winner would need some well deserved rest (or senzu beans)."
Which was my way of saying, "Let's agree to disagree." or what have you.

So there, we're done. I'll drop it if you do.

And I'd like to point out that I gave an out to this argument by saying;
"But I think that we can all agree that this fight would be hard fought and that the winner would need some well deserved rest (or senzu beans)."
Which was my way of saying, "Let's agree to disagree." or what have you.

You then proceeded to post this:

An now you have to calculate the odds that any of the Z Fighters or ANYONE they've come in contact with have actually found any of these rocks. Since, you know there's a WHOLE FUCKING UNIVERSE for them to look through. Pretty low chance if you ask me.

AND you seem to be forgetting that even if Goku did find Kryptonite, he wouldn't use it against Superman. Why, you ask? Because it wouldn't be a fair fight. Goku always wants his opponents at the top of their game. Honor in combat and all of that jazz.

So, once again, we find that Kryptonite is inconsequential to the subject of Goku v. Superman.

So please, random dude whom I don't know, and at this rate, never will, don't piss on my neck and tell me it's raining.

It's impossible to really speculate who would win in a fight between two fictional characters from completely separate and conflicting worlds. So yes, when you start questioning whether or not Goku would have Kryptonite, simply to pad Superman's chances, you're going too far with it.

Convenient how you downplay, furthermore negate Superman's ONLY weakness from this equation.

If you wanna get right down to the specifics, I don't think Goku would fight Superman. They are both the Alpha Heroes of their respective worlds, and fight for truth, justice, and peace. They are protectors of innocence and good, why then would they fight?

I'll say it again, Superman has a concrete set of powers that have been the same for over 70 years. They always will be. His strengths are defined and limited.

Goku is from a world where you can put on a fucking earring and fuse with another being. He has a DISTINCT advantage, by being from a canon where fucking near ANYTHING, (ANYTHING!!) is possible.

Rocket science? Not really, it's more to the tune of a rudimentary, child-level understanding of combat and battle. You've got a knife, I've got an AK-47... Sure, you might beat me... but let's go into this with realistic expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.