Who Do You Write Like?

M

medusaspath

My first result was Vladimir Nabokov, which makes me ridiculously ecstatic because he is my hands-down favorite author, and Lolita is my favorite book. So yay. :)

But for the sake of variation, and to see how my different stories may be different, I decided to do this a few more times to see how consistent the results were. I used what I thought were my best quality pieces of writing.

Second Result - Vladimir Nabokov (hmm... perhaps I am more than a little influenced)

Third Result - Vladimir Nabokov (...ok now I have to keep going until I get a different result)

Okay, the ensuing results in no specific order: Vladimir Nabokov, Chuck Palahniuk, Stephen King, H.P. Lovecraft (that was for an essay for school... lol), and Dan Brown.

This thing is going to provide me with endless entertainment and interest, so thanks for posting it, you're awesome. =]

Tegan

Hopeful Monster
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Cloak and dagger style plot tactics.
George Orwell and Stephen King.

GOD IF ONLY THAT WERE TRUE.

O

Obskeree

Apparently I'm somewhere between James Joyce and Leo Tolstoy. o.o Majorly unexpected...

Sakura

Official Iwaku Little Sister
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
After 5PM EST weekdays
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Instinctively passive unless the story needs a push. I adapt as needed.
Favorite Genres
SciFi, Fantasy, Modern, Twist Genres.
Genre You DON'T Like
Mature, Horror (with rare exceptions)
I write like
Vladimir Nabokov

O__________o
I don't even know who he is Oo

Medusapath said:
My first result was Vladimir Nabokov, which makes me ridiculously ecstatic because he is my hands-down favorite author, and Lolita is my favorite book. So yay. :)
Is he really that good ?

C

Cosmic Orion

This test is screwy and I feel like I broke it. >_>

I used part of my intro post into Fortune's Fools.

It gave me H.P. Lovecraft.

There is no way I write that good.

Sakura

Official Iwaku Little Sister
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
After 5PM EST weekdays
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Instinctively passive unless the story needs a push. I adapt as needed.
Favorite Genres
SciFi, Fantasy, Modern, Twist Genres.
Genre You DON'T Like
Mature, Horror (with rare exceptions)
I used my Fortunes Fools post, too xD
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE :D

LOL, maybe it just takes grammar or vocab into consideration? How does it check anyway? @___@

Tegan

Hopeful Monster
IT IS TOTALLY RANDOM.

HENCE MY WEEPING. XD

C

Cosmic Orion

D'aww. . . thanks Sakura. ^^

AND TEGAN. . .

YOU SHOULD PUT IN THAT QUOTE FROM DONALD BARTHELME . . . see what you get. XD

LETS REALLY TAKE THIS TEST OUT ON A TEST DRIVE AND BREAK IT IN.

O

Ochalla

Dan Brown? Would someone like to shoot me now?

I then got Stephen King on something that was a bit more thought out. Phew!

I

Ike Sapphire

William Shakespeare some how, but that was from sending in my story that I started "The Leviathan"

King Weavel

The Burger King
I am in the middle between passive and aggressive. But I prefer to plan things out with my fellow RPers so I don't mess them up. Although I do keep plot twists under wraps. I believe planning things out helps make for better posts so I do it often.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, sci-fi, post apocalyptic, parody.
Genre You DON'T Like
No SMUT EVER. Not big on modern RPs, not a fan of Mass RPs due to past experiences. I may make exceptions though if an RP is particularly interesting. I will NEVER get involved with anything like yaoi or furry FYI, those I do not make exceptions with. Also not too keen on perverse RPs.
Johathan Swift apparently. Awesome, the dude who wrote Gulliver's Travels, A Modest Proposal, etc. I like satire and parodies.

Gotta say, that matches. I don't think this thing can really measure writing SKILL but it can measure style. So you might write similarly to these people but some program isn't going to be able to tell you you're as good as them. Programs can't have opinions yet and good writing is subjective.

Blind Hemingway

I dropped my keys in the cooling pool
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
NEVER
Writing Levels
Adept, Douche
Primarily Prefer Female
SCREW THIS. I'M CHAOTIC STUPID. I LOWER MY TROUSERS AND WIZZ ON THE KING.
Favorite Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi or Furrisms, DnD, High Fantasy, romance. Straight up Horror.
I write like Charles Dickens.... Second try was Jack London. So, I guess I write like Victorians.

Tegan

Hopeful Monster
Apparently Donald Barthelme writes like James Fenimore Cooper.

I lol'd.

M

megane-kun

hmmm~ got stephen king, dan brown, or margaret atwood, but it's mostly stephen king.. ._.

D

Dukun Bellydance Witch

Who's Dan Brown? O.o? and.. i got steven king... and i put the wiccan rede in there... apparently it's like shakespeare XD whoo!

A

Acquariana

My first result was Stephen King and I was like "Uh-WHAT?!". I mean, it was a rather extensive post as Natalie, but come on! Anyway, the second result I got from another post in IW as Acqua (myself as a character, XD) I got Dan Brown and I was like "I'M IN DESPAIR!!!" The third go-around, I got Stephen King again, the fourth, J.D. Salinger (I guess "The Catcher in the Rye" wasn't too bad), and lastly, I got Stephen King again. *Unnoffically declares the test broken*

S

soullesshuman

I write like Stephen King or Jack London.

I couldn't tell you how.

W

Warmaster Death

Fan brown (SADNESS. I HATE THAT FUCKER) then George Orwell (FUCK YEAR 1984 MOTHERFUCKERS) and then the unknown james joyce.