Who Do You Write Like?

My first result was Vladimir Nabokov, which makes me ridiculously ecstatic because he is my hands-down favorite author, and Lolita is my favorite book. So yay. :)

But for the sake of variation, and to see how my different stories may be different, I decided to do this a few more times to see how consistent the results were. I used what I thought were my best quality pieces of writing.

Second Result - Vladimir Nabokov (hmm... perhaps I am more than a little influenced)

Third Result - Vladimir Nabokov (...ok now I have to keep going until I get a different result)

Okay, the ensuing results in no specific order: Vladimir Nabokov, Chuck Palahniuk, Stephen King, H.P. Lovecraft (that was for an essay for school... lol), and Dan Brown.

This thing is going to provide me with endless entertainment and interest, so thanks for posting it, you're awesome. =]

Apparently I'm somewhere between James Joyce and Leo Tolstoy. o.o Majorly unexpected...

I write like
Vladimir Nabokov

O__________o
I don't even know who he is Oo

Medusapath said:
My first result was Vladimir Nabokov, which makes me ridiculously ecstatic because he is my hands-down favorite author, and Lolita is my favorite book. So yay. :)

Is he really that good ?

This test is screwy and I feel like I broke it. >_>

I used part of my intro post into Fortune's Fools.

It gave me H.P. Lovecraft.

There is no way I write that good.

I used my Fortunes Fools post, too xD
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE :D

LOL, maybe it just takes grammar or vocab into consideration? How does it check anyway? @___@

D'aww. . . thanks Sakura. ^^

AND TEGAN. . .

YOU SHOULD PUT IN THAT QUOTE FROM DONALD BARTHELME . . . see what you get. XD

LETS REALLY TAKE THIS TEST OUT ON A TEST DRIVE AND BREAK IT IN.

Dan Brown? Would someone like to shoot me now?

I then got Stephen King on something that was a bit more thought out. Phew!

William Shakespeare some how, but that was from sending in my story that I started "The Leviathan"

Johathan Swift apparently. Awesome, the dude who wrote Gulliver's Travels, A Modest Proposal, etc. I like satire and parodies.

Gotta say, that matches. I don't think this thing can really measure writing SKILL but it can measure style. So you might write similarly to these people but some program isn't going to be able to tell you you're as good as them. Programs can't have opinions yet and good writing is subjective.

I write like Charles Dickens.... Second try was Jack London. So, I guess I write like Victorians.

Apparently Donald Barthelme writes like James Fenimore Cooper.

I lol'd.

hmmm~ got stephen king, dan brown, or margaret atwood, but it's mostly stephen king.. ._.

Who's Dan Brown? O.o? and.. i got steven king... and i put the wiccan rede in there... apparently it's like shakespeare XD whoo!

My first result was Stephen King and I was like "Uh-WHAT?!". I mean, it was a rather extensive post as Natalie, but come on! Anyway, the second result I got from another post in IW as Acqua (myself as a character, XD) I got Dan Brown and I was like "I'M IN DESPAIR!!!" The third go-around, I got Stephen King again, the fourth, J.D. Salinger (I guess "The Catcher in the Rye" wasn't too bad), and lastly, I got Stephen King again. *Unnoffically declares the test broken*

I write like Stephen King or Jack London.

I couldn't tell you how.

Fan brown (SADNESS. I HATE THAT FUCKER) then George Orwell (FUCK YEAR 1984 MOTHERFUCKERS) and then the unknown james joyce.