White Racism

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to point out that white people are actually becoming a minority. Slowly. Steadily. Don't quote me on that though, this is something I've been told by various high school teachers and college professors. I would do the actual maths myself but I'm to lazy for that.....and math is mental abuse to humans so...no. - w -

I think that's in a few big cities. Toronto, for instance, is projected to have whites being surpassed by non-whites by sometime in the 2030s by current trends.

Keep in mind, that's grouping every non-white group together. Individually, any particular non-European race is still going to be the minority.

Reactions: Mid and Esmeray
At some point in time, people will realize exactly how foolish it is to strive for racial equality, yet consider the mindset of their own race to be superior. Using your own bad experiences to justify creating bad experiences for others is about the most cartoonishly evil thing you can do.

Reactions: Mid
I kinda of agree on this comment: "You are born white, you are privileged.". Before you get out your pitchforks and start to burn me at the stake tonight, hear me out.

Yes, the majority of white people are privileged in this world. MAJORITY. Not all of them are privileged, living in houses with their fancy cars and clothes. Some are homeless and or in tough simulations at their life time. I don't believe that every single white person is privileged, but I believe that many others are. Americans are the prime examples of being privileged as many of them think that their country is the goddamn best and powerful out of 'them all'. But, they don't realize that they are being racist or stupid because the country has done nothing about it or they just don't care.

I believe that other races can be racist to whites and other races. And history is a big factor in this hate. Slavery, mass murders, hate crimes, and many other things happened to all of the races. But, most of the reason ones in the pass 200 years have happened towards non-whites more. Even today, there is still racism in the air as a boy got accused of bringing a 'home made bomb' to school. Even known the boy told officers that it was a clock and his parents weren't around.

If a white kid brought a clock to school, the whole thing about it being a bomb would of been avoided or the same thing can happen as it did to the other boy. I don't know what would of happened, but I have a strong feeling that it would end way different than the other boy. The boy's first name was Ahmed and he was a Muslim.

So in short, most white people do have privilege; but, not all of them. Racism exists in ALL RACES and they can racist towards OTHER RACES. And people of all races have PRIVILEGE OF SOMEWHAT. Just admit that you do, like I do for being a mix of Latino (my mother's side) and Caucasian (my father's side).

How do we become a united nation? One that respects each other as a fellow American.

America can truly never become an united nation again until World War III happens or America is attacked again. There's just too much hate on both sides to unite under a common cause unless it's something important enough. It's a sad fact, but it's a true one.

I have to say that from the stance of a white person, I have no authority over how POC should feel about issues of race. I don't believe in telling people that this or that isn't racist, so I'm perfectly comfortable with taking a step back, letting those whose voices are often ignored speak, and trust in the credibility of their experiences. It's following the same logic as expecting women to be the main speakers at a feminist rally--they simply know the issue first-hand in a way that many men don't.

And what's this about white racism in Rome? Suggesting that early Christians (or Romans, for that matter) were entirely, or even mostly white is just not true. Neither of those maps are localized in Europe, but rather around the Mediterranean, where North Africans, Middle Easterners, Jewish peoples and other POC would have been very common. In the second image, Christianity doesn't even reach northern Europe until well after Nero. I understand your frustrations, as this can be a complicated issue with a million answers, but honestly I just learned to let others speak first. As a white person, it's my obligation to lift POC's messages as high as I can and let it be heard, not the other way around.

I would like to point out that white people are actually becoming a minority. Slowly. Steadily. Don't quote me on that though, this is something I've been told by various high school teachers and college professors. I would do the actual maths myself but I'm to lazy for that.....and math is mental abuse to humans so...no. - w -
I actually heard that due to environmental reasons and stuff, a future of darker skinned people will be preferred, and that some time in the future white people won't really be a thing anymore.

And what's this about white racism in Rome? Suggesting that early Christians (or Romans, for that matter) were entirely, or even mostly white is just not true. Neither of those maps are localized in Europe, but rather around the Mediterranean, where North Africans, Middle Easterners, Jewish peoples and other POC would have been very common. In the second image, Christianity doesn't even reach northern Europe until well after Nero. I understand your frustrations, as this can be a complicated issue with a million answers, but honestly I just learned to let others speak first. As a white person, it's my obligation to lift POC's messages as high as I can and let it be heard, not the other way around.

<_< People based white on the color of skin along with other minor factors like how some would consider a person of Irish decent "white." During that time, of course there were darker toned people...however, the tone of color was white as shown in how they describe themselves as well as their Gods and Goddesses.

Also, from what I was taught in Art History, Romans started persecuting Jewish people where some actually broke off and started the beginnings of Christianity.

I am however interested in your point of view now being as we have both learned different things, :3.

It could also be because different kinds of people have more kids while counties like America, the norm is 1-2 kid(s). There have been studies that suggests poorer countries are more likely to have kids then richer, advanced countries especially where women works. Which logically, you would think hey that doesn'tmake sense, right? A lack of education as well as knowledge in contraception has led to a lot baby making. Some countries hope for a boy and if they have girls, the girls are sold off into marriages. In America, our teenagers have little knowledge on sex I mean...some think you can't get an STD from oral sex.

That's kind of why they made the show 16 & pregnant, in order to show the difficulties of being a young single parent. So more knowledge to those in poverty would possibly lessen the gap of Whites becoming minorities.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to stuff like equality we need to stop dividing people by their race, sex, gender, religion, orientation etc and just tackle this stuff as the Human Race.

Though as many others have detailed, humans love to create Identity politics. And as long as those exist we aren't going to see true equality.

No, I'm not saying we ignore the fact that some people are white, female, gay, Christian etc.
I'm just saying we don't generalize people over it, and we don't treat people differently in a legal sense over it.

"But Gwazi, what about Biological differences? Like women and pregnancy"

Then simply make the treatment/service/whatever it is be eligible to anyone in the situation of being pregnant.
That by default would fix the issue, and actually make it easier for us in the future when we gain the means to impregnate men.

In other words.
Treat the Cause, not the Symptom.

Black people on average being worse off? Symptom.
Instead of getting worked up on that, let's invest those resources into stuff like bettering the economy and welfare shall we?

When it comes to stuff like equality we need to stop dividing people by their race, sex, gender, religion, orientation etc and just tackle this stuff as the Human Race.
Like I said to Cosmos about America, that will never happen. People are so divided that we can't unite under one banner, that can be taken in a good or bad way. There will always be the racist or homophobia in this world and we can't shut them up about it.

Like I said to Cosmos about America, that will never happen. The Human Race is so divided that we can't unite under one banner, that can be taken in a good or bad way. There will always be the racist or homophobia in this world and we can't shut them up about it.
Obviously we can't weed out every rotten individual.
I'm talking in an overall general consensus and/or legal sense here.

Obviously we can't weed out every rotten individual.
I'm talking in an overall general consensus and/or legal sense here.
We all are humans after all. Like what Samara (for Mass Effect 2) said, "You are more individualistic than any other species I've encountered. Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.".

We each have different consensus and opinions that makes humans so unique for the other species in this world. I know you're talking about consensus and legal sense, but we each will have an different consensus than the person sitting next to us about something.

We all are humans after all. Like what Samara (for Mass Effect 2) said, "You are more individualistic than any other species I've encountered. Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.".
I disagree!

Well, maybe I do agree... :P
We each have different consensus and opinions that makes humans so unique for the other species in this world. I know you're talking about consensus and legal sense, but we each will have an different consensus than the person sitting next to us about something.
In all seriousness though, yes every individual has a different consensus.
Just like we do about stuff like education, health care, where taxes would go.
If we actually bothered tweaking this stuff to appeal to each and every viewpoint we'd never get anywhere.
We as a society need to make compromises the benefit society as a whole.

I'm just saying that when we do this, we need to keep identity politics out of it.

<_< People based white on the color of skin along with other minor factors like how some would consider a person of Irish decent "white." During that time, of course there were darker toned people...however, the tone of color was white as shown in how they describe themselves as well as their Gods and Goddesses.

Also, from what I was taught in Art History, Romans started persecuting Jewish people where some actually broke off and started the beginnings of Christianity.

I am however interested in your point of view now being as we have both learned different things, :3.

It could also be because different kinds of people have more kids while counties like America, the norm is 1-2 kid(s). There have been studies that suggests poorer countries are more likely to have kids then richer, advanced countries especially where women works. Which logically, you would think hey that doesn'tmake sense, right? A lack of education as well as knowledge in contraception has led to a lot baby making. Some countries hope for a boy and if they have girls, the girls are sold off into marriages. In America, our teenagers have little knowledge on sex I mean...some think you can't get an STD from oral sex.

That's kind of why they made the show 16 & pregnant, in order to show the difficulties of being a young single parent. So more knowledge to those in poverty would possibly lessen the gap of Whites becoming minorities.

And while that true, the united states is also the only third world country with a rising population unlike britian, France, ect. This is because of immigration, either legally or illegally. Then these immigrants start families here. This is something that contributes to the fact that white people are slowly becoming a minority. My sociology teacher told me that with in ten years the more prominent race would be those of central and southern american decent. Which I don't have a problem with that for various reasons.

I actually heard that due to environmental reasons and stuff, a future of darker skinned people will be preferred, and that some time in the future white people won't really be a thing anymore.
And while that true, the united states is also the only third world country with a rising population unlike britian, France, ect. This is because of immigration, either legally or illegally. Then these immigrants start families here. This is something that contributes to the fact that white people are slowly becoming a minority. My sociology teacher told me that with in ten years the more prominent race would be those of central and southern american decent. Which I don't have a problem with that for various reasons.

They're actually saying that within the next 20-40 years, biracial will be the new norm because people are becoming more accepting to interracial relationships which I love 8'D.

Also, sociology is like one of the best eye opening classes. You can get real deep into how people work and I love it!

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
They're actually saying that within the next 20-40 years, biracial will be the new norm because people are becoming more accepting to interracial relationships which I love 8'D.
In Canada I can very easily see this happening.
Also, sociology is like one of the best eye opening classes. You can get real deep into how people work and I love it!
Sociology I think is a class largely dependent on the teacher.
When I had it events caused us to switch between two teachers.

The Good one did a lot of theorist stuff like the Ice Berg, but also had us go into constant debate on a variety of topics like immigration and animal testing.
The not so good one had us to do one project on aliens before dipping out of the class. XD

Reactions: Esmeray
the united states is also the only third world country
third_world_map.jpg

My sociology teacher told me that with in ten years the more prominent race would be those of central and southern american decent.
Well then he's patently wrong, or at least being overly liberal with his/her estimates. That would take either a significant depopulation of Mexico, or a mass slaughter of white people.

Wiki said:
"African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.2% of the population. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17.1% of the population, making up the largest ethnic minority. The White, non-Hispanic or Latino population make up 62.6% of the nation's total."

Every other ethnicity combined doesn't equal non-hispanic, non-latino whites. I sincerely doubt that central or south American descent is going to overrun them unless the US doubles its population in ten years, which is not only unsustainable, but extraordinarily unlikely. Significant changes in ethnic populations typically only occurs through genocide or several generations. It's not like white people have stopped having babies... Catholics exist. So does teen pregnancy. Jokes aside though, even if hispanics have more babies, it'll still take them a few more generations to eclipse whites. So, assuming nothing changes, it's probably closer to a hundred years, rather than ten. :ferret:

third_world_map.jpg

Well then he's patently wrong, or at least being overly liberal with his/her estimates. That would take either a significant depopulation of Mexico, or a mass slaughter of white people.

Every other ethnicity combined doesn't equal non-hispanic, non-latino whites. I sincerely doubt that central or south American descent is going to overrun them unless the US doubles its population in ten years, which is not only unsustainable, but extraordinarily unlikely. Significant changes in ethnic populations typically only occurs through genocide or several generations. It's not like white people have stopped having babies... Catholics exist. So does teen pregnancy. Jokes aside though, even if hispanics have more babies, it'll still take them a few more generations to eclipse whites. So, assuming nothing changes, it's probably closer to a hundred years, rather than ten. :ferret:
Oooh, I always get the "world" things mixed up :P

And it was a her, and I dunno about all that. I read some where that texas's demographics consist of mostly whites and those of southern/central american decent...or was it Louisiana... I don't remember. This is all stuff I either heard about or read about like five years ago. Which is why I said not to quote me on anything I said. Also, I wouldn't quote wiki, there's a reason we're not allowed to use wiki as a resource for academic papers. -shrugs-

Also, I wouldn't quote wiki, there's a reason we're not allowed to use wiki as a resource for academic papers. -shrugs-
Well, if you'd like a non-Wiki link, this site compiles data from the CIA factbook. They list whites as an even higher percentage of the demographic. :ferret: I usually use Wikipedia if it's not a hot button topic. It's typically sufficient to get the general idea of something, but if you want to claim hard fact, you're right: Don't use Wikipedia. It's a good starting point and nothing else. On hot button topics, obviously avoid it.
This brings a whole new meaning to first world problems.
Doesn't it? :rotfl: It's also a somewhat outdated model of viewing the world. It originally meant capitalist (first), communist (second), and non-affiliated (third) sectors of the world. It's been repurposed to generally mean developed, semi-developed, and underdeveloped developing. Even then though, it can be argued that it skewers the measurements to favour the West.
It's called a typo Brovo. :P
Which seemed obvious when Vio then went to compare to Britain and France.
This is why I only responded with a picture, not a dissertation about the first and third worlds. I'm fairly sure Vio understands what they are, it was just an amusing error.

In Canada I can very easily see this happening.

Sociology I think is a class largely dependent on the teacher.
When I had it events caused us to switch between two teachers.

The Good one did a lot of theorist stuff like the Ice Berg, but also had us go into constant debate on a variety of topics like immigration and animal testing.
The not so good one had us to do one project on aliens before dipping out of the class. XD

I completely agree! Not every teacher can teach and keep you engaged. Sociology is still an interesting topic tho. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.