When The Hero and Villain Is Undefined

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
We don't need such cheap things... do it! Look at him! Show him what he fears! The shadow-like hands became even more powerful and whipped about, tearing down the structure that trapped it. A voice from a megaphone could be heard, "Subdue her! NOW!"

Of course the government would appear. They ruled the entire country and were more powerful than what they led the civilians to believe. SWAT teams and helicopters swarmed in on the scene.

"GET THEM! GET THOSE MUTANTS!" A man in a dark suit screamed through the megaphone. He sighed angrily and ripped off the suit revealing military gear. He grabbed a laser gun from the side of his helicopter before jumping down.

X was worried about everyone. Misfortune was losing it. A few men surround Misfortune, red dots covered the scene like lights at a disco.

Alice herself had not moved. She looked at the person's eyes. She could see only one word... Sin.. while the blue liquid looked tempting, Alice did not take it, "I don't need anything else controlling me..."

The shadow hand took the vial from the boss and threw it clear into the sky, "Please just leave."

Gorgon had wanted that vial more than anything. It was a strange sensation he had never felt before.

Suddenly the sound of cars and helicopters had filled the air, the mutants were nervous except Sloth that kept a very relaxed state still with the vial in hand. "Boss, we should leave now! There's cops all over the place!" Sath tugged at his master's sleeve worried.

Sloth continued to tempt Misfortune however she swatted it away, he sighed and smiled "You'll know where to find me then. Go in the alleys...look for the girls...Ask for the Survivor Seven Deadly Sin...Ask for Sloth...they'll direct you to me honey." he chuckled before tipping his hat to leave.
During this Richard had jumped to snatch the vial but Gabriel snatched it first thanks to his stretchable limbs, both were nearly fighting over it before Sloth shouted their names, they slithered in the car like the obedient minions they were, before Sloth took his leave he looked at Gorgon and winked dropping a card on the floor before entering in the back door.

While on the driver's seat Sath started the car and looked over the mirror to his master. "Why did you gave your card and winked at that creature?"
Sloth chuckled at the confusion of his follower "Getting jealous are we Sath? I can see desire in one's eyes by the distance...Call it...Professional feeling."
Chameleon sighed "You do got that quite well mastered."
Sloth smirked at the ninja nodding lightly "Indeed I do, Chameleon...Indeed I do."

Alice grabbed the business card and tucked it away... After that she passed out. The order had been to subdue her. Alice's powers faded into nothingness and she could remember only the man's eyes that read sin. In fact, she was certain he hadn't been human at all...

The government had lost trail of Sloth and his cohorts. They were now focusing on Misfortune who at this moment was penetrated by several wires and cords.

Alice woke up in pain. All the cords and tubes were not pleasant. She ripped them from her skin and doctors came rushing in trying to calm her down. Once she had been subdued again the doctors told her that she was in danger and they were trying to get rid of a disease. Alice didn't believe them, but nonetheless, she was quiet and she left the next day leaving the doctors' work unfinished anyway. She wondered how everyone at the tower was doing...

Sloth laid back smiling "So my dear friends...our efforts were ruined but at least we do know the rumors of heroes are true." Gabriel nodded at his master and grabbed on a bottle of champagne opening it, Sloth looked at a glass, that was enough for Gabriel to understand what he meant he grabbed a glass and pour some of the drink into the glass and handed it to his boss before drinking from the bottle himself.
Richard grunted annoyed "So, what do we do now?" Sath, who was driving squinted his eyes to look better forward "Well...what to do with the man in the street? He doesn't seem to be moving..."
Sloth laughed "Well, run him over! What else?" Sath smirked and stepped on the accelerator and sprinted the limousine towards the lone man.

Wearing a dark green coat with several spikes on the arms and near the legs and a custom made green cowboy hat, the man seemed to wait for them, once he saw them racing in his direction he lifted his head, the lower half of his face covered by a green scarf. He tapped his boots on the ground before he revealed an enormous shotgun like weapon, he aimed it towards the car that seemed to not stopping at all, once the car was close enough to not be able to change direction to dodge he shot at it. The blast of the gun was strong enough to flip the car over his head, he discarded the empty shell from his gun as he walked towards the car that was upside down, he hit his shoulder on the door hard and then yanked himself hard out tearing the door off, he grabbed on Sloth and dragged him out. "Yer commin' with me big boy...Yah ain't escapin' this time. The other ones will be picked up by the rest." the voice of this guy has a texan accent and seemed to be quite masculine pressing more into his gender.

A new vigilante on the town? No...This was something else...

Alice had returned to the tower. Everyone was worried about her well being, but at the same time more confused than ever. She had been gone at the doctors for some time. Things had been quiet ever since that event with the new villains showing up and all. Feeling a little light headed, Alice watched as everyone around her started shaking and her head hurt as if she had been hit by something large.

"Misfortune..." X said to her. He wandered around the room. Misfortune did not look okay. He wondered those doctors had done to her. There were welts all over her arms and on her neck. Clearly something other than making sure she was well went on.

Alice wondered how long she had been in the doctor's exactly. To top it off the crime rate had gone down... way down. Alice looked for the business card. It was gone like she had suspected it would be. She remembered his directions. Alice went about her way. She went down the alley, but she didn't see any girls...

1179cb604213af932ace98be229f4a49.png

"Good job...this surelly will give me some points on my presidencial campaign." a man with a strange mohawk shaped hair looked at the cowboy that was walking out of the holding cells, this one just glanced at him with a groan.
"Keep yer nose outta my job, kid. I went with the whole 'no-killin'' but I can easily go back."
"Although that would make you a criminal yourself wouldn't it?" the man smiled.
"Like if I care...those moronic so called 'heroes' can't do crap. I have no sparklin' super powers and I've done a better job." crossing his arms he smirked.
"Even if so...they'll come in handy helping us against major threats..."
"If yah say so...But if they get in mah way...They'll be dead or about tah be, mark my words."

As Misfortune walked, the wind howled lowly with soft whispers and whistles. The sidewalk nearly echoed by the alleys and not a soul could be noticed or sensed. However as she went past a phone booth the phone inside started ringing...the phonebooth itself was old and the glass was shattered on some places, the phone was quite rusty, the sound was old and in a way annoying probably to make someone hurry to pick it up. Was the call for Misfortune? Highly probably...

Alice didn't touch the phone directly. She simply let the shadows hover it by her ear. She didn't dare say anything, but she listened closely. Alice looked around. She did find it strange that a pay phone would be ringing since those only go one way. Or at least that was what she thought. Alice looked around and wondered if anybody had seen her. Not that it would matter. She would be unrecognizable with all the holes punched into her from the doctors. In fact, they were still incredibly painful and throbbing relentlessly. Moreover, her team would probably searching for her if she didn't return soon. It was night, but only for so long.

At first it was just a heavy fast breathing that could be heard but after a few seconds a voice could be heard, it was always changed from a simple normal pitch to a lower and threatning pitch "Greetings Misfortune, having a rough day? I wouldn't blame your forwn if I had people poking me around for years with knives and needles…then again…that is something we both have in common. Oh don't hang up yet my dear, we have so much to chat! Oh you have no idea all the chit-chat we need to go through, it'll be to DIE for…specially by how much you are being toyed around. Ah yes…you are as blind as a bat, but you do need a puppy to give you insight of the things that are happening right infront of your nose. What? You're gonna tell me you didn't notice that those army guys weren't using you? Come on! We all know they are just using and abusing your ability to do some special magic tricks…and your…Dorm room mates…yeah…they are just as bad as those cops. So here's the thing…I want to help you to give you some most deserved freedom to someone needing it baddly such as yourself, but you have to be the one comming to me. 'Kay? It's very easy…you just need to go through a very special door, just go right up, open it and go through it closing that Door behind you…close the door on every single one of those meaningless and annoying routines and brute manipulators that are trying to overuse you…and they won't bother you…Ever…AGAIN!" the strange caller laughed hysterically, but then just as quick he composed himself speaking to her again, he told her a way to find him, however it was over some sort of word game, a riddle.
The Crazyness only starts after one blows the candles of the factory of smiles and mischief. What could it probably mean? But the weirdest part was probably that before he hangs up he only identified himself as being Misfortune's "biggest fan".

Alice was about to ask questions, but the caller hung up before she could do anything of the sort. She puts the phone back on the hook. Alice could feel the anger rising in her chest. Used? Magic tricks? She had been insulted and her friends had more or less been accused of something serious. It was equivalent to betrayal. Alice was so furious that her shadows trickled out in leaked power, feeding on the powerful emotion. She wasn't sure if she believed that laughing maniac and she would sooner trust her friends then the one who had called. She looked around. She didn't see any door, but what did it matter? She didn't have time to play hide and seek. Furious and tired Alice didn't open any doors, but rather used her shadows to walk through the wall behind her. She had questions and she would get answers or so help the person who called her.

A voice echoed in Alice's head. ​So much anger, worthy of my only daughter...

The riddle was probably a solid clue of where the person was hidding, but untill it was going to be solved there was no way that person could be found. However that was the least of the things going around, a woman running terrified through aleys tried to escape some terror that stalked her. Some beast human yet not human, it crawled after her trying to grab her, trying to hunt her...She kept running to not let herself be caught but her luck run out quicker then she could run. She ended up in a dead end...and very soon...the shadow of her predator towered over her...

A tall man wearing a sleeveless coat that reached past his knees, said coat had a blueish hood with golden bands that covered his head yet revealed the face covered in bandages with only two gaps, one that exposed his right eye that gave out a red glow, the second gap exposed a mouth filled with razor sharp fangs, in the place of his left eye was drawn in red a vertical eye, on his shoulders, stomach and in the back of his hands trios of vertical eyes were carved into them, besides his coat he only had trousers as clothing, his feet and head were covered in bandages however from the back of his neck 4 sets of long bandages swayed away like long scarves. A black aura covered him as it slipped through the scarves to the end, he manipulated the strange shadow aura into becoming large claws in the end of his scarves, he stepped towards her with his frozen face, without blinking or twitching.

The woman begged and cried for this monster of a man to get away however he didn't spoke to her nor moved, his claws launched at her and the shadow arms grabbed her ankles and wrists stretching her and holding her up pinning her in the air, as he stepped towards her the woman kept struggling and crying wishing all this to stop but it was clear this beast as claimed her as his prey and the bloodthirsty glow of his eyes made clear his intentions.

Alice was about to ask questions, but the caller hung up before she could do anything of the sort. She puts the phone back on the hook. Alice could feel the anger rising in her chest. Used? Magic tricks? She had been insulted and her friends had more or less been accused of something serious. It was equivalent to betrayal. Alice was so furious that her shadows trickled out in leaked power, feeding on the powerful emotion. She wasn't sure if she believed that laughing maniac and she would sooner trust her friends then the one who had called. She looked around. She didn't see any door, but what did it matter? She didn't have time to play hide and seek. Furious and tired Alice didn't open any doors, but rather used her shadows to walk through the wall behind her. She had questions and she would get answers or so help the person who called her.

A voice echoed in Alice's head. ​So much anger, worthy of my only daughter... Alice looked around. She shook off the thoughts and she heard running in the alleys. She hadn't seen anything at first until she saw a woman with something chasing after her. If anything that woman had run straight into a dead end. She looked like she was in trouble. Alice wasn't one to do rescues off duty, but she didn't really want someone to die when she could have prevented it.

Alice approached the monster from behind, "I wouldn't do that."
She walked right through him and took the woman with her away from the monster's grip and into the building. It was impossible to tell where the two of them had ended up, but for the time being they had escaped from the thing. However, judging from it's looks, the wall wasn't going to be much of a delay. Alice urged the girl to run and she stood by the wall waiting for the thing to make an appearance... if it could.

The creature grinned salivating with hunger, however he heard something looking over his shoulder at Alice, she approached him going straight to the woman and simply removed her from his grip and moved away to a building. He scratched his head confused but than shook his head growling and went after them, walking in the shadow powered bandages that came from the back of his neck.It saw them walking inside of a building, it looked up and than at the door, he made sure that the door would be locked and stuck so it would be hard to get out as he started to crawl up the wall with the aid of his extra arms, he slid inside a broken a window grinning. Sniffing the air he followed the air to where they were and soon enough he saw them with a dark grin in his face. Alice was urging the girl to run, while she stood there by the wall, probably waiting for him to burst through it. But this time this beast had other intentions. He stayed close to the ceiling like a spider slowly approaching...the girl ran but stopped at the nearest exit looking at Alice to make sure she was safe...Once she turned around she saw the large body of this beast, he warped the bandages of two of the shadow arms around the woman and brought her close to him. The woman could only whimper and beg for mercy but he gave none...He lifted the bandages covering his mouth exposing razor sharp fangs, opening his jaws he bit hard on her neck and yanked away decapitating the victim and at the same time crushing the body with the strength of the shadow empowered bandages. The predator had his prey and it was happy for it as it feasted on the now dead victim.

Alice furrowed her eyebrows in disgust, "That was mentally disturbing."

Alice looked at the creature. She hoped it was full as she walked away cautiously. Alice was no hero. No. She was far from it. A demon or monster at heart perhaps. With powers like hers, she could do nothing but destroy and feast on her own anger. She couldn't even control it let alone protect people. If anything Alice was nothing but bad luck. That thing didn't have any "beef" with her unless it was mindless or just didn't care. Alice didn't take her eyes from it as blood spilled from the body. She wondered if it was even capable of human speech. Probably not. She imagined it would be hard to speak with jaws like that, but she wasn't one to make assumptions. Alice tried the door... Locked? She shrugged and used the lock's own shadow to unlock it. She rolled her eyes. Stuck too? She pushed on it and then rammed into it with her shadows. It gave way, but not enough for her to slide through. Alice blew hair out of her face. She tried the door again and it fell off its hinges. It made quite a bit of noise. Bad luck. Never fails.

The beast feasts with delight on the victim, forgetting about Misfortune that was right there. The thrill of having blood spilled, flesh torn and bones break by its jaws and hands was far too delightful for it to forget however a loud noise broke its ability to concentrate on its own fun and looked towards the noise seeing her trying to escape.

Through his razor sharp fangs he dribbled and growled, a strange noise that made up the words "More so Empty" was what came from his mouth in an attempt to speak. The creature crawled on the bandages possessed by the shadows it controlled, his one visible eye glowing visibly as it made its way towards her, it was clear that its powers were a bit similar to hers giving that both of them could control shadows, would there be any other similarity?

Escape? More so leave. Alice wasn't afraid. She dreamed scarier things than that beast. She created scarier illusions. Hearing it speak, Alice raised an eyebrow. So it could talk... sort of. She shrugged it off. Alice didn't feel like fighting or subduing that thing. Whatever it was... If it was going to chase her it would have a hard time doing it. She just wondered what it wanted, besides a good meal.

Alice walked away from the beast, thinking nothing of her actions, but on guard in case it should try something. She didn't so much as glance at the creature. Her back was turned to it. She had other things to do, like get back MRAX tower before anyone realized that she had gone out in the first place. She didn't feel like solving any riddles especially ones that could lead to her death. Or possibly lead to her death.

Her ignorance for it made him tilt his head, normally people would scream when they saw him or even heard him, but she didn't even twitched. She just kept walking, his bandages lashed out in attempt to warp around her as he walked towards her still. This was not like the others...he was curious over what was wrong with her, not much for feasting on her but wanting to know what she was.

This strange being was...not he was used to, he got used to the screams but this new one was weird. He had to understand her...if his bandages did got a hold of her he would bring her to him and look at her directly in the eyes, if not his bandages would still attempt to get to her like compulsive snakes.

Alice groaned when she saw shadows lash at her. Always, ALWAYS her. For once could she just be ignored or be left alone? No. Not even for a moment.

She did not yell, but her intonation was sharp and firm, "Leave me alone."

Alice had terrible luck. Or at least that was what she brought with her. Pieces of the building fell down in front of the exit she had walked through, cutting off the shadows entirely. She didn't want to struggle with anything like that. She had more important things to do than to be observed by such a creature. If it could talk, it could more than likely understand the words she had spoken to it. Alice's priority was getting back to MRAX tower while the sun was still down. Besides, there was a chance they would meet again. However, Alice was hoping that would not be the case. Dealing with the likes of that would more likely be troublesome. She wasn't trying to get eaten either.