What's your most anticipated game(s) for 2015?

Which do you play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything from Nippon Ichi, really...and maybe Compile Heart, with the exception of like 50% of their games being terrible, like Hyperdimension Neptunia. Oh and Persona 5.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the PC port for Grand Theft Auto V on PC. It's gonna be rad as fuck. Aside from that Evolve from Valve looks like it'll be a real ball buster, but I think that came out before 2015. Oh well, any PC gamer knows Valve has produced some excellent games. Which reminds me of The Order: 1886. That games world was partially designed by the same artists who worked on Half Life 2. The rehash for Star Wars Battlefront looks promising, but DICE better deliver with a good single player, I'm fucking sick and tired of competitive multiplayer.

On a side note, I'm oddly excited for Dragonball Z: Xenoverse. That looks like it'll be interesting and the art is exceptionally well done from what I've seen.

maxresdefault.jpg
And this. This. This just blows my mind apart.

Edit: Reminds me of Spore.

Everyone that is a Metal Gear Solid fan in this thread should be my friend as of right now.

Like, right now.

No booty can surpass that which is known as snake's booty.

ZmIO06F.gif

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

But seriously i've been a MGS fan since I was like ten years old. After I beat The Phantom Pain i'm probably going to step away from video games for a while and dedicate my time to other junk.

P.S. i'm also in the process of writing a onexone RP that is based off of the MGS series so if you think you'd be into that you should like y'know get them digits homie PM me.​

PC MASTER RACE Y'ALL!!!!

Nah, just kiddin'. Gamers unite!

That said, I'm looking forward to quite a few this year, I think. Even though I play almost exclusively PC games, I do look out for console games as well, which I usually watch on YouTube (from the walkthroughs of others). It's also awesome that game companies are also starting to port console games to the PC as well, so there's that for me. But anyway, this year...

Life is Strange. I didn't know what it was before until I saw PewDiePie's video of it (DON'T JUDGE ME!)... And God Damn! The use of music in that game is so spot-on. I'm definitely looking forward to the following episodes this year. Another 4 more to come, but I'm already excited. It reminds me a lot of The Walking Dead from TellTale back when the second season came out (especially since the first season created a lot of motivation for me to take extreme interest). But yes, Life is Strange episodes.

Then of course, Hideo fucking Kojima. Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain. It might actually be the very first game I bother to spend money on. No joke. I played Ground Zeroes as well, and I really liked the whole game play... And of course, the classic Metal Gear story telling is intact... So yes, very much looking forward to it. Especially for me now that I have an actual gaming laptop (well, the closest I can get to a PC given the fact I move around a lot). But so looking forward to this one.

Dying Light was something I looked forward to until I had it some days ago. I hate the soundtrack for that game, though the gameplay was... Decent. Meh, I find, but I "looked forward to it in 2015" so that counts.

There's Until Dawn for consoles as well that I'm looking to. Like a slasher/horror film game. I think it would make for entertaining walkthroughs to watch on YouTube... So yes, looking forward for that reason.

Final Fantasy XV is also due to be released as well. Doubt they'll move to PC... Probably not this year, if it wasn't already planned. Still, that game's been in development hell for forever, so I'm generally looking forward to see what they have for the franchise. I am a fan of the Final Fantasy franchise after all, and I'm generally pessimistic about its future thus far, considering its latest iterations. But we'll see. I care more about the story and music for the series though, so that'll be what I'm looking for when it comes out. Though I find they're focusing way too heavily on the graphics. But who knows?

And Lightning Returns. I don't like the Final Fantasy XIII series, I won't lie. But I never played it before, at least until last year when they ported it to PC. XIII-2 is also out, and now Lightning Returns will be out some time this year to complete the Lightning trilogy. I guess I can say I sort of look forward to it. Sort of. It's more for the sake of completing the franchise (since I played every single one up to XII).

Also, I guess it doesn't exactly count as a 'new game' to be 'coming out' this year, but I'll still add this. DotA 2. The developers apparently deferred creating any events for the past few festive periods for the purpose of working on this 'massive update' due some time this year... Presumably soon. Not too sure what exactly that means yet, but they claim it will be quite a significant one... And my guess is that it'll move custom games out of the alpha phase into at least the beta stage or perhaps a full release. Definitely looking forward to the various custom games out and about. Those are hella fun.

Oh yes, I talked about Hideo fucking Kojima and I didn't mention this? Silent Hills. Now I'm just trippin'. This game isn't due to be released this year. Hell, there isn't even a specific ETA yet. Even the roughest estimates place it at 2016, but hey, most anticipated game of 2015? For me, I count this as a game I'll be anticipating throughout this year. If anyone hasn't already tried the P.T., you should. I think it's true psychological horror. And it's all done in just one single corridor! I really appreciated what they did with the lighting, among other things - all of which contributed to the creepy ambiance that set the atmosphere. Of course, it makes me even more excited to see what the full game will be like. Deep down though, I kinda expect to be disappointed, but we'll see. Meanwhile, it's something I'll be looking forward to.

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

FINALLY I CAN INTRODUCE THIS TO MY FRIENDS! FINALLY! AHAHAHAHA!

Now I just wait... The Vaygr will have their revenge... :ferret:

I refuse to partake in this belittling of the Nintendo consoles >:[

*stomps away noisily*

Blood Bourne, No Mans Sky, Silent Hill for now. Gonna habve to get a PS4

The same one I look forward to every year. Duke Nukem Forever Half-Life 2, Episode 3.

While these also have no pending release dates scheduled for anytime in the near future, I'm looking forward to the new "Doom", as well as "The Elder Scrolls VI". Let us also not forget Hollow's Land.

I'll grab Grand Theft Auto V, however, if the PC version is any good. The port of IV to the PC was absolutely craptastic, so we'll see.

Other than that, I can't wait to get my hands on Pillars of Eternity. This promises to be a great game, just like the ones I grew up playing as a wee lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.