What's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I...tried to figure out what Fijoli means but apparently what I thought was a common Norwegian name is actually a rare surname that originated in Scandinavia and wound up in Italy (according to ancestry.com)

Typing Fijoli into the google search engine will, in fact, bring you straight to Iwaku. My music box, my gallery, or some random post.

This name is for sure a very old and rare name. I did not know this until now.

To me Fijoli when I first heard it was in Skyrim. One of the side quests is about a girl that was murdered and her father comes to you for help. He pleads to you tht his late daughter had a necklace that she wore and that necklace was missing but he knew exactly where it was. The way to get it back was too dangerous for the father so he beseeched the player.

The daughters name was Fijoli. When I had retrieved the necklace I remember since I couldn't wear the quest item I held onto it in my inventory for a long time. Fijoli's necklace.

Two hours later I stopped playing Skyrim and decided I wanted to try and retry Iwaku and when I couldn't log in with my original account, I created a new one.

username Fijoli.

If anyone else can find the meaning of Fijoli I encourage you to share it with me as I can't seem to find anything on the internet that can tell me.

What it has come to mean for me now?

It's my name. My boyfriend calls me Fijoli and all of my true friends call me Fijo. Serendipitous mystery name that suits me.

Alright. I'll tell a little story first.
It's boring how people talk.. Everyone is part of the Gods and Monsters Scenario.

Anyways, from 2006( aka I was 16, good days..) until 2008 I Always used to have only nickname and at that time the forums knew me as LoveTifa. Oh good old days.. Reading manga like crazy, watching like 3 animes series., RPing, Writing poetry, Photoshop( making banners etc) - cries for remembering- ..

So after all life caught up with me keeping me busy, took a break and now I am back but with a new name.

PureKor- > of course it's a simple meaning for starters.(yoshh!)

Kaur( Kor) in Punjabi means " Princess/ Lioness"
Definition a " Pure/sincere Princess/Lady" I am nowadays xD

* so I'll be a Tigerness then !^.^**

Something like that..^^ with a strong willpower within me!
Tiger power! Roaaaar!~

Slater used to be my tag in America's Army, the first person shooter when it was good. When my friends and I stopped playing it to move to another game, I turned it into SlatersDeath in remembrance to the once glorious days of sniping people with pistols and blowing people up with grenades from on top of the Control Room in the pipelines map. *sigh* those days are long faded into the annals of time.

So back on a site called B4KA I went by the username Pfeffer-Sama. It was a fairly new forum, so things weren't going so great number-wise, but to cheer up the other members I made a couple of fake accounts and started posting through them. However, the mod caught me (because he saw that I was using the same IP) and so he sort of confronted me about it and it was sort of a thing and blablabla... Anyway so he decided to pool all the post and like counts into one account and he asked me which of the accounts I wanted, so I asked if I could have a new one and he said yes. The reason I chose Lady Bernkastel is because we essentially share the same first name and because she's an awesome character.

This one time, in high school, I thought I was gothic. Really I was just goffik. So came about the name Dawn Loire. Don't ask me what Loire means. It sounded gothic, along with "Dawn". Really it just sounded goffik. So when I joined a site called Moonwings back in the day, I decided to blend the two names into one because for some reason I thought usernames had to be one word. Thus, "Dawnloire" was born.

Eventually I realized I was an idiot but by then it was too late to try a different name (because everyone knew me as Dawn already), so I shortened it down to "Dawn".

By the time Moonwings kicked the bucket and I had immigrated over to Iwaku, I had a bit of a persona and a history for said persona.

Through a series of hilarious and bizarre events, "Dawnloire" had split into two separate entities. Like night and day, Dawn was the good child while Eve was the bad child. It was my way of explaining my crazy teenage hormonal moodswings. Eventually the two merged once more to form "Dawn Evestar."

>__>

But you can just call me Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.