FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
In my case I'm listening to audiobooks. I go through them regularly at work. Only way to get through the repetition of every day.

I'm currently 'reading' Lost Legio IX. It's about the lost 9th Legion of Rome. Lost to fighting in the British isles as popularly favored, though disputed. In the case of the book they're transported to a fantasy world. I was very intrigued by the concept as a fan of Roman History and of course of fantasy settings. The mixing of the two had me practically giddy at the idea. But I was concerned because I wasn't sure if the writer would do the Roman Legions right. Too much misinformation popularized by Hollywood films. Fortunately I was pleasantly surprised to find myself getting a rather detailed break down of how a Roman Legion operated. So thorough that after a while I began to wonder when the fantasy part would come into play. But the writer didn't take any short cuts and you get some glimpse into the fighting and tactics of the Legions. I've finally reached the part where they've been transported to the fantasy world. But the writer is being very careful with the fantasy elements. Not just smattering them in carelessly. You get a sense of mystery and possible danger.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes reading about the Roman Legions. Can't yet say to the fantasy elements. But it'll probably be good. :3

What are you reading? :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
I'm currently reading Ghosts in the Snow for Iwaku Book Club :D

Last edited:
Currently, I'm reading Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski

Ugh. With a baby and a toddler on hand, I don't read half as often as I want to, but I'm going to attempt to get back into my Mary Stewart book (Airs Above the Ground) and I'm also reading a non-fiction book called "In This House We Will Giggle"

I'm reading every single bit of smut every Iwaku member has ever written. Just kidding.

I'm re-reading Inkheart cause I pulled a dusty copy of it from my shelves. I don't remember virtually any plot point and only one or two characters, but I remember this inspiring a lot of my early writing.

• Love
Reactions: Joan
I'm reading every single bit of smut every Iwaku member has ever written. Just kidding.

I'm re-reading Inkheart cause I pulled a dusty copy of it from my shelves. I don't remember virtually any plot point and only one or two characters, but I remember this inspiring a lot of my early writing.

I need to read that series. One of my favorite movies.

Reactions: Aero Blue
The book on my bedside table at the moment is Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome. I also have The Ascent of Rum Doodle by W.E Bowman on my phone for when I'm kicking my heels out and about.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie

Dudeeee I love that author. Once you're done with that trilogy, check out Reckless ^^

As for myself, I'm attempting to read Mistborn, but I'm having some health issues that are making it tricky to do much of anything right now.

My management and software textbooks. :')

But I'm trying to read other things as well. I recently got some ebooks of Dracula, Dune, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
yes i'm a slow casual

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan
Shattered Glass by Dani Alexander. One of the only books I can reread multiple times in one year.

Might try to read Felidae or It after this one.

Sleeping Beauties and I'm rereading the Chronicles of Alice by Christina Henry because I don't think she's writing another book and I'm going through Alice and Hatch withdraws. X_x

Rereading Shutter Island. Good book. Would suggest.

I'm currently reading Authority by Jeff Vandermeer. I'm enjoying it so far!

Currently rereading Lisey's Story by Stephen King, for the hundredth time; i need a new author XD

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones again lol. I might have a go at the Witcher saga next.

I want to read more light fantasy. If you have any authors you love, let me know so I can check them out.

Novice, by Trudi Canavan. It's the second book in a trilogy and I'm enjoying her writing so far. She writes all fantasy as far as I know, magic and such. I have a few others on my list, I've been a bit slow though.

Origin by Dan Brown.