What'cha Reading?

I'm currently working my way through the third act of Brent Weeks' Lightbringer #2, The Blinding Knife.

I love Brent Weeks to death and every page I've read thus far.

I am reading "Reflections On The Psalms" by C.S. Lewis.

I'm currently reading the Illuminae Files, which is a three-book series that has become one of my favorites (the books in order are Illuminae, Gemina, and Obsidio). The third book is coming out soon and I've already preordered it. I never preorder, so that's how good it is.

It wouldn't work very well as an audiobook though TT_TT it's very visual, with diagrams and really really cool formatting.

Started a book called Sea of Rust. Post apocalyptic future where humanity was wiped out by the AI robots it had created. Seemed the right kind of grim at first. But then began to make me question my continued existence... o_o;

Still it's a very good read. Very well written without being a hard read. A lot of attention to world building too. Which is something I really like when it's done right. Just don't expect happy go lucky times. ;o

"Shot in the Heart" - Mikail Gilmore

Reading a lot of Warhammer 40k books, I'm halfway of Dan Abnett great Gaunt's Ghosts books.

Reactions: Quetzal
Reading a lot of Warhammer 40k books, I'm halfway of Dan Abnett great Gaunt's Ghosts books.

Good series. Though it gets a bit over the top in the later books. Still some of the best 40k books. I also highly recommend Brothers of the Snake by the same author.

Reactions: OnI6470
Good series. Though it gets a bit over the top in the later books. Still some of the best 40k books. I also highly recommend Brothers of the Snake by the same author.

Yeah! Brothers of the Snake was great, I read it some time ago maybe it's time to read it again.

Reactions: Quetzal
Yeah! Brothers of the Snake was great, I read it some time ago maybe it's time to read it again.

Have you read the Eisenhorn books? Gooooodd stuff. I read the Ravenor omnibus, but didn't like it compared to the Eisenhorn books.

Reactions: OnI6470
Currently, I'm reading The Way of Kings, it's part of the Stormlight Archive series by Brandon Sanderson! Someone turned me onto it while I was hungry for books to read. It's been awhile since I've read something other than a textbook so I'm really enjoying it right now.

Have you read the Eisenhorn books? Gooooodd stuff. I read the Ravenor omnibus, but didn't like it compared to the Eisenhorn books.

I had heard good things about the EIsenhorn books, but now that you confirm it I'm gonna have to look for them and add them to my list of books to read. Thanks for the recommendation!

Currently reading Allen J. Christenson's transcription of Popol Vuh: Sacred Book of the Maya.
I'm really interested in ancient cultures, and I've got a soft spot for Maya culture.

Karen Marie Moning: The Immortal Highlander. (faerie paranormal romance)

Iris johansen: Countdown.

Sherilyn Kenyon: devil may cry, and Blood Trinity.

I love reading :)

Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane.

The Shape of Water by Guillermo del Toro and Daniel Kraus.
The movie was great.

I've been reading a lot of H.G. Wells recently. So far I've read The Time Machine and The Island of Doctor Moreau, both of which are really great books. Currently about halfway through the The Invisible Man and I'm enjoying it rather thoroughly. I have plans to read The War of the Worlds next.

Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas Hofstadter

The Great God Pan, mostly out of curiosity since it was influential enough on H.P. Lovecraft for him to reference it by name in one of his stories.