What was your first character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all look back on our first creations and can't help cringing. There are times I almost want to go "Yeah...I don't know you." But without those mistakes we wouldn't have gotten where we are. Like Habit's character with three first names. I had a similar issue with a character of mine. Her name was Gracie, and I made her completely F'ing useless. But, like you, I modified her into a better person. Granted, you probably still wouldn't like Gracie because she can be a bit abrasive, but at least there's finally a personality there.

I personally like to save even the most disastrous characters with the hopes they can be improved later.

Hmm..the first character I really developed was actually here on iwaku. It was for the rp mixed match. His name was Nils Maupin. I was relativly new to rp so he kinda was an amalgamation of me and people I knew.

He was physically similar to me. But his quirks were that of my little brother. My little brother is bipolar and growing up he was easily angered. His past was like my mom's. She grew up in an abusive household and ran away when she was young. Living off the streets and clawing her way back up the totem pole. And his personality was like my dad. My dad is the definition of a gentle giant. He is a giant navy vet with a beard that his viking ancestors would be proud of. His friends took him to bars because he rarely drank and he could take on a bar full of drunks and win. With the scars to prove it

My first character goes WAY back
His name was Juneau, and he was based off of some Korean game. However, his attitude is almost like a man who has a short temper.

I think my first character was a black and caramel colored cat named FireStorm for a Warrior Cats RP on HI2. Total mary-sue. On the occasion that I do Warrior Cats nowadays, she's always my fallback character (With a few modifications so she's not so overpowering.)

Oh snap, let's try an remember...
So back when I was much younger, like 8 or something, my dad got me into D&D where I made Jack the Lumberjack. He was a very angry man with a thing against Ents. Don't remember much about him beyond that.

My first character in a freeform forum roleplay was Shade, some kid going to magic school who used shadow magic or something and I'm honestly surprised he wasn't totally emo. Actually, I think he was pretty cheery if a bit grumpy sometimes. He was "frenemies" with this light mage guy and they saved the world from the evil headmaster and then shenanigans happened.
Ah, those were the good ol' days.

that's
all I remember

I should resurrect her

>.>

I resurrected Ursa Moss for the Iwaku's New Mass RP, Ilium. I changed her a lot but honestly she is way more Kick-ass for ilium then what my 10 yr. old self made of her :D

My first character was named Femtrix and I created her for the Matrix online game. This was just before the game started beta testing. I was part of a group of players selected to test the game and I got so involved that it became my first introduction to play by post that extended to live roleplay inside the game. By far one of the best experiences I ever had in a roleplaying environment. Femtrix was Zion and the medic of the Enando hovercraft. Her name is just a play between the words female and Matrix, as she is a female inside the matrix. I know, corny. She fought alongside storyline characters, Morpheus, Naomi, and against the machines and the Merovingian (who once insulted me for not paying him any respect). She was there when Morpheus declared war against the machines and started to drop the code bombs. She was one of the first to decipher the DELPHI and held a secret meeting with the Oracle, after a friendly duel with Seraph who literately kicked my behind (LOL). She went to the white room, she talked and met Morpheus on several occasions before he was killed. She went to his funeral, she fought the Assassin, she fought Cypher, she fought The Kid. Later on she became captain of her own ship, the Talisman. Good times, good times!

Eleven years ago, back when the Advent Children Forums were still a huge thing among Final Fantasy fans, I stumbled across the Clubs and Guilds section within their Role-Playing category. These were more like the Groups here; carefree RPing with far looser rules than those found in the rest of the RP section.

That is where I discovered The Dragon's Lair, run by Stover. A guild where humans have taken it upon themselves to raise dragon familiars and protect the race of dragons from the evils of Man. With my weakness for dragons, I wanted to give this guild a try.

Thus, Shenorai Eterna was born, flying in on Midknight - a young shadow dragon - to aid Stover in his skirmish with a group of bandits. Granted, back then she was basically a fifteen-year-old female Vincent Valentine lookalike.

Over a decade later, I still use Shenorai. However, she is no longer the dragon rider she was back when she was a mere fetus of a character. Now, she is a haunted mercenary.

First character on Iwaku or first character EVER?

My first character on Iwaku (not including Jump-Ins) was Faye Kerris, a character for Gladiator's Tale. I miss that character and wouldn't mind reusing her, but I'd have to re-adapt some character details for another story.

First character EVER is really hard, considering I've been RPing since I was like 9 or 10. Back then I was mostly RPing fandom Sailor Moon and various other anime characters. I don't even remember my first original character.

For a story? The first I can really remember was a guy I created for a Prototype 3 novel I was doing as a pastime. The genetic son of Pariah and Amaya Heller, spawned from a sperm and egg cell, bred to be the one true perfect incarnation of the Blacklight virus and the future of evolution, combining the potential Prototype traits of Heller with the godlike abilities of Pariah. I called him Zane. Zane Heller-Greene (Greene being the last name of Pariah's mother, Elizabeth Greene).

For an RP here on Iwaku, Jack Greene (I recycled the name from Prototype cause I was feeling uncreative). An insane supersoldier for Lord Roku's Overkill: First Strike RP, now dead. Red eyes that saw in infrared and caused blaring headaches, ruthless personality, incredible training and killing capability (mountains of corpses twice in a single career is pretty damn impressive), an outstanding service record (bodyguard to a US president once), and frequent memory wipes to ensure no emotional ties and maintain a sharpened edge (which would come back to haunt his creators as his memories returned). I loved that son of a gun like a son (I guess that makes me an AR-15). Had lots of history prepped for him.

Oh god, the first one I remember was called Nienna, my Sindarin Elf Name (yep, you guessed it, self-insert.)

She was basically me how I wished I looked. Average height (I sprouted to 5'9" at age 13, I was head and shoulders over every girl I knew), long hair that floated in the wind, thin, fashionable, graceful, good at talking to people, and a total badass with a bow and Arrow. Also she was elvish and I put her in Hyrule cause it was my favourite fictional world. She was good at basically anything she put her mind to, and provided for herself in the wild.

She had no apparent means of income, but always had money if she needed it. She was able to convince anyone to join her side in an argument, she never took a hit in a fight nor did she have any scars despite her history of life as a ranger. Her clothes never got dirty, she never smelled bad despite having nothing but lakes and rivers to clean herself with (no soap!), and any attractive man fell immediately in love with her

I did not have a very promising beginning in RP, but I think I've improved a little n_n;;;;

I had many characters that were actually my imaginary friend but the first one I would really call a story book character per say or a legit character would be Cyclone Sarah and her arch-nemesis Dark Shade? Shadow? Shade. Cyclone Sarah was a part of a super hero crew each one with weather based names and while my sister wanted her's to be a weather based super hero to go along with the name I chose to have different powers. My powers would actually be fueled by my own purity called light mana. My weakness was if my mana became polluted (kinda like in Madoka Magica but I hadn't watched it yet) then I might be at risk of dying. My nemesis was a scientist who wanted to harness mana for himself but instead of receiving light mana powers he received dark mana powers. It is later revealed that his effect on our hero is psychological more than physical and that Dark Shade was not corrupted by the dark mana but always a dark person and that is where all his strength came from. He is everything and everyone I hate; a terrible man turned to a rotten hybrid between a shadow, tar, and smog.

My very first character was for a forum attached to the Lackadaisy webcomic, which has cats as characters in 1920s St Louis. Her name was Adassa Halloran, but everyone called her 'Dass' or 'Miss Dar'. The name actually came from my mom; Adassa is a pet name her father gave her, so Dass is one of her nicknames, with 'Dar' being short for Dorothy, her real name. The rest of the idea for the character came from a book I read in uni (which was when I created her) called 'Breath, Eyes, Memory', where the Haitian character has a mother that sort of fled Haiti after she was raped by the American guards stationed there. There was a lot of history research to make sure the character would work at that time period.

For Dass, after her family was killed by American soldiers, she escapes to America, stowing away on a ship bound for Florida. She works as a seamstress and makes her way north. After much trial and tribulation which includes being shot in the head, falling into the Mississippi and floating downstream for a week on a salvaged raft, she eventually makes it to St. Louis, where she ends up putting down roots.

I always have a soft spot for Dass, but she ended up being too passive and boring a character in the end. I reworked her a couple of times, but in the end I moved on from her to other characters. But she was my very first. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.