What "trend" should make a comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitti

From fun to fashion and beyond, some cherished things go out of style and we long to have them back. What do you wish would make a comeback?

mov4.PNG

From fun to fashion and beyond, some cherished things go out of style and we long to have them back. What do you wish would make a comeback?

Pop Music so hammy, that it becomes dated the moment it releases.

When Comedians could make a joke at a University.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: foodforpigs
Here is a good trend that should come back.

8a3b599c7466397f92f6eff6c069613a.jpg

giphy.gif

Hand writing letters.

8ebfd07bfa66cf9cbff38a4770bdd4ff.jpg

Required naps. I don't care how that's sounds. I'm not trying to jump back 100 years with women's rights or anything.

I just love middle of the day naps. It'd be cool if people didn't generally think"don't you have stuff to do? How do you have time to nap?" I wouldn't even have to defend mhself. It's what we do. We nap.

8ebfd07bfa66cf9cbff38a4770bdd4ff.jpg

Required naps. I don't care how that's sounds. I'm not trying to jump back 100 years with women's rights or anything.

I just love middle of the day naps. It'd be cool if people didn't generally think"don't you have stuff to do? How do you have time to nap?" I wouldn't even have to defend mhself. It's what we do. We nap.

Complete with a black slave to keep your white ass cool.

Reactions: Brovo and Wen
Complete with a black slave to keep your white ass cool.
Definitely didn't even notice there was a slave in this picture. And definitely wasn't implying I wanted slavery to make a come back in any way shape or form. This pic is from Gone With The Wind, a movie that was made when this was the norm. It should not be interpreted that I endorse slavery because there happens to be one in the photo. :p

Fashion seems to go in circles... what was "in" yesterday will likely become so, once again in the future.

Aside from fashion... I say 80s music needs to make a comeback (if it ever truly went out of style)!

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
I agree with Hope. I wish hand-written letters were still a thing, or made a comeback. I love reading handwritten things.

I'm a horrible person for thinking this, but god I loved these when i was a kid.

Autumn-Women-s-Fashion-High-Waist-Stretch-font-b-Big-b-font-font-b-Bell-b.jpg

Yes Bell bottom pants *is ready to be judged*

But I also agree with Kitti, drive in movies, and handwriting.

I'm also super odd and miss going to Blockbuster and renting a movie for a week. Something about going to the store and looking through all the different movies figuring out what I wanted for that week. It was also a great way for me finding movies I forgot were even a thing.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
  • Love
Reactions: Touch of Insanity
Chivalry.

Why? We need a counterbalance to toxic feminism. For example, holding the door for people. You don't have to look further than the surface, but now people do. Some are so disenfranchised with strangers that they can't think strangers can't act civil, and are only acting for some ulterior motive. I'm talking about being polite, and offering other people respect, not this garbage 'nice' that now drips in negative connotations of bloated entitlement. This applies to both genders.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo and Greenie
Chivalry.

Why? We need a counterbalance to toxic feminism. For example, holding the door for people. You don't have to look further than the surface, but now people do. Some are so disenfranchised with strangers that they can't think strangers can't act civil, and are only acting for some ulterior motive. I'm talking about being polite, and offering other people respect, not this garbage 'nice' that now drips in negative connotations of bloated entitlement. This applies to both genders.

I think you meant here courtesy, not chivalry.

The showing of politeness in one's attitude and behavior toward others. -Google Definitions for courtesy.

The combination of qualities expected of an ideal knight, especially courage, honor, courtesy, justice, and a readiness to help the weak. -Google Definitions for chivalry.

Power is in the choice of words my friend! :)

• Love
Reactions: Turtle of Doom
Throwing people in the stocks overnight to punish them for theft and such.

Public executions too. Those sounded like a grand old time.

We already brought back public shaming and punishment on a social level thanks to social media shitstorms, so why not compliment that with public legal punishments? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.