• Agnostic

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Jewish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Islamic

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Sikh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else, which I will define in a comment!

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I am open-minded, creative, imaginative, and whatever else in my world of fiction, I'm quite the opposite in the real world. I'm not only an Atheist, I'm an Empiricist. The latter term means I don't believe in anything beyond a sensory experience. So yeah, I'm pretty boring in this department. I like to keep it that way so people won't bother me. >>; I'm cranky and unpleasant.

I am agnostic.
My family is a little divided in this, my grandfather is agnostic and my mother is a Christian, but she was very tolerant in her religious beliefs and does not bother me much about it at all. Most people wouldn't even realize that she's a Christian (Protestant, I believe). In general, my religious beliefs seldom come up in conversation because I'm more than happy to let everyone believe what they want to believe and I don't enjoy anyone of any faith trying to convert me.

In other words, Kitti is super dull to try to debate religion with, despite having read many religious texts.

I just discovered we had this smiley. OMFSM. :flyingspaghetti:

I'm a Buddhist. Now, a lot of people thing that Buddhist believe they will be reincarnated into an animal. No. This is a myth. We believe that you can be "reawakened" in this life, but we do not believe in the afterlife. We also do not worship Buddha, we simply follow his teaching. Buddhism in itself is a religion with no belief of god, and Buddha had made it so we can all experience what he teaches; it's not based solely on word, there's proof. For a lot of people, Buddhism is more of a philosophy or a way of life than an actual religion. For example, I'm an agnostic Buddhist. I know people who are Christian Buddhist. That means they follow the Ten Commandments and believe Jesus was the son of God, but they also believe in karma, the 5 precepts, the 4 noble truths, etc. As a Buddhist we don't discriminate other religions. It's more of an internal state of constant growth. We also believe that anyone can be Buddha. Gautama was the first buddha, but anyone can follow in his footsteps :)

I'm Norse Pagan.

It's exactly what you think it is.

It's hard polytheism, although more veiled in symbolism than actual hard stuff, but isn't most religion symbolic in some way or another?

I could explain more on it, but I am like half asleep.

I'm a Deist. We believe in God, but we don't believe anyone knows God's will and some of us are leery of 'organized' religion for different reasons. Our motto tends to be "God gave us reason, not religion".

That being said, I'm all for anything that gives others peace of mind. I may not agree with someone's religion but it's their right to practice it and I respect that deeply.

yo mama.

but srsly,
I'm open minded to experiencing every religion, to be honest. And learning.

I don't like to label in one. But, I have grown up Catholic. I'm just not like preaching it or pray every day, so.. yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.