• Agnostic

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Jewish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Islamic

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Sikh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else, which I will define in a comment!

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
THIS IS
*NOT*
A THREAD TO DEBATE RELIGIONS

You can explain a bit about what your beliefs entail and how they affect your daily life, but this is a curiosity poll to discover what demographics of religion exist on Iwaku; I want to see

"So you're Buddhist! That's cool"

NOT

"My religion makes way more sense than Buddhism"

I am a follower of Christ who attends a Baptist church.
I clicked the Christian (Protestant) button :)

I'm agnostic. I used to call myself an atheist, but I find some form of comfort believing in a higher power. Frankly, I wish I was more religious, because I feel like I would feel so much more relaxed. I'm jealous of people with a strong faith. I just have too many questions and I get scared.

I was raised Catholic, so I draw some forms of faith from there, but nothing too specific really. We were never very religious growing up. My extended family is, but not my immediate family. We haven't said 'grace' since I was maybe 8 years old...

I am the leader of the Kidjeist faith, If you would like our story please ask. We are looking for member and people to hear the word. We are told were mad because we so new but we dream to change are world.

Though I was raised under a bit of a strong Christian faith (and my mother is trying to restrengthen it as we haven't really gone to a place of worship in a few years.), I find myself truly open to all beliefs and religions. I do sometimes feel my feelings bud toward a more atheistic view, I quickly veer back, because as @Vega mentioned, I too find comfort in having some type of belief.

Native American Religion is mostly animistic but some Native American tribes have detailed religions
<not Native American

I'm atheist. I think you need a pagan option.

Though I was raised under a bit of a strong Christian faith (and my mother is trying to restrengthen it as we haven't really gone to a place of worship in a few years.), I find myself truly open to all beliefs and religions. I do sometimes feel my feelings bud toward a more atheistic view, I quickly veer back, because as @Vega mentioned, I too find comfort in having some type of belief.

You know i think yo would like learning of Buddhism, It a way of life more then a religion and is very interesting....Also try to become a Kidjeist (Not a plug or anything:angel: Honest)

It really depends on what tribe you are from. For me, I'm Cherokee, but kind of blended my beliefs with other tribes. Personally I believe in spirit animals, Mother Earth, the Great Spirit. I believe all life is sacred, as is all soil. I believe that all life shares a kinship with the others, and have a strong sense of environments. I think that singing and dancing brings you luck and properly thanks whatever gave their life to nourish and sustain you.

My beliefs are made primarily on nature.

It's a really interesting belief system (all tribes). Here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_religion

Christian (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints)
I feel like I'm a religious person. Zealous? Probably not. But I believe in my religion and I am trying to be the best person I can be. I believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost. I believe in loving everyone no matter what they believe and accepting them as they are. Basically being like Jesus.

Reactions: Scrap Iron
Oh and Logic, In Kid Jesus's Create a Superhero thread I made a Native American Superhero, One that doesn't use the culture/stereotype as a gimmick for once. At least someone remembers you guys :P. He's Shoshone however.

Native American Religion is mostly animistic but some Native American tribes have detailed religions
<not Native American

I'm atheist. I think you need a pagan option.
Unfortunately I can't seem to go back and add options, but there's always the last one as a catchall :)

Oh and Logic, In Kid Jesus's Create a Superhero thread I made a Native American Superhero, One that doesn't use the culture/stereotype as a gimmick for once. At least someone remembers you guys :P. He's Shoshone however.

...Stereotype and gimmick? I wasn't trying to sound stereotypical, those are my beliefs. Not every Native american believes in what I do -.O.

I'm saying that pretty much every NA superhero has been a huge stereotype and used the culture as a gimmick
I.e. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Chief
On the otherhand I have a Native American character who doesn't play on that

Not trying to say anything negative about you.

sorry for tangeting from the discussion

I'm Protestant Christian, born and raised in a Southern Baptist family. My father is a pastor and both my parents, I think, are good examples of what Christians should be like as opposed to the way some choose to behave. Because of that and other things I've stuck with it. I had a time a few years back where I thought to myself "do I follow this because I believe it, or did I just accept it because my parents passed it on to me?" After some consideration and reflection, I settled on the former and that was that.

...Stereotype and gimmick? I wasn't trying to sound stereotypical, those are my beliefs. Not every Native american believes in what I do -.O.

I think the point Krazaz was trying to make was that his character did not reduce Native American heritage and religion to the stereotypes often associated with them. I don't think that statement was intended the way you seem to have taken it. <3

• Thank You
Reactions: Krazaz

If you don't mind, Can you be my lawyer any time i need one because you guys definitely learn how to read a contracts. Fool you once shame on them Fool you twice nigga that ain't happening.

If you don't mind, Can you be my lawyer any time i need one because you guys definitely learn how to read a contracts. Fool you once shame on them Fool you twice nigga that ain't happening.

Umm... o_o Your replies just keep getting more and more confusing...

Madness is Sanity babe, Keep up! :cow::donut::drama::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck:

Think about it, What did America do to the Natives even after signing a treaty with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.