What movie turns you into a blubbering mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seiji

Original poster
tobey-maguire-crying.jpg

Movies are wonderful! They're entertaining, engaging, and tell wonderful stories. They touch upon all facets of humanity, relating tales of triumph and woe alike.

What movies out there flip the cry-switch in you and turn you into an emotional mess? If not the movie itself, what scenes in what movies?

Forrest Gump all the way. It is the only movie that will cry due to overwhelming emotion, not the sky-bound question of "Why oh why did I let my friends take me to see Pacific Rim?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Forrest Gump is definitely on my list. That scene at the end, when he asks Jenny if his son is "like him"? Oh lordy, it gets me every time. It just tells you everything you need to know! Forrest has been aware his whole life that he was off, a little different, hell, straight up dumb! He knows why people look at him strangely, treat him differently. He's completely aware of how this has affected his life, and all he can think about in this one instance, is that he hopes his son won't have to experience any of those things.

It breaks my heart every time, and crushes me into a weeping mess.

Another movie that really gets to me is Field of Dreams. Anyone, particular men, with issues with their father? Ooooh, boy. That scene at the end, when he asks his dad to have a catch? FEELS. SO. MANY. FEELS.

And then most of us go "Oh, I'll read the book, too!" only to realize that the book does not have Tom Hanks's amazing portrayal of Forrest, and it has a space monkey...

Moulin Rouge. ;________; That freaking movie.

Batman: Under the Red Hood.

SPOILERS AHEAD
[spoili]
I know, I know. Nobody likes Jason Todd. And as the Red Hood, not even Bruce likes him. But as the movie goes on, you start to understand him more, you see what Todd's been driven to do. And when he confronts Batman with the Joker... Jensen Ackles does a fantastic job of showing all the emotion Jason's letting out.

"Why? I'm not talking about killing Penguin or Scarecrow or Dent. I'm talking about him. Just him. And doing it because... Because he took me away from you."

And that ending scene, showing Jason after suiting up for the first time...

"This is the best day of my life!"

That young boy's voice, filled with wonder and excitement, all with you knowing exactly how it all ends. I felt sad. For Jason Todd. The Robin that readers voted should be killed off.
[/spoili]

Edward Scissor hands

The 25th Hour

American History X

Schindler's List

Requiem for a Dream

Beaches

Crash

Elephant Man

Moulin Rouge

127 Hours

Rudy

A walk to remember

The land before Time...I can't take it when Little foot loses his mommy...I can't handle at all.

The Sandlot

Gravity

Toy story 3...when toys start questioning their mortality...it's serious business.

My Girl

The green mile

E.T.

Grave of Fire flies ( Most depressing Anime you'll ever watch)

Dead Poets society

Fucking Bambi...Dammit

What dreams May come

I cry a lot >:[ How do you like them Feels?

Grave of the Fireflies.
Seven Pounds.
Toy Story 3.
The Blind Side.
The Green Mile.
Patch Adams.

To name a few. >>; Guaranteed to turn me into an emotional wreck.

Also, this fucking scene still pulls tears out of my eyes:
land.gif

Probably my favourite ending to any movie, ever. Starting from Alfred weeping at the graves of Thomas and Martha Wayne... oh god, I'm just a mess. I'm teary-eyed just watching this again!

But it's not just the sadness, the depth of soul ache felt by Alfred, and the sense of loss Gordon and the city has over Bruce/Batman's death. No, it's the utter triumph of the finale! The reveal that Bruce did survive, and that Gotham will always have a guardian, its Dark Knight. That final nod Bruce gives to Alfred, that little hint of, "I'll be okay, Alfred. Thank you, for everything."

Holy crap, I have goose bumps just typing this...

• Love
Reactions: Torsty and Fluffy
Grave of the Fireflies

Cast Away

Homeward Bound

Dear Zachary

SLC Punk

• Love
Yeah, thinking on it, I'm going to amend my statement to "All good movies with Tom Hanks in it."

• Love
The 8 minutes of romance in Up. I tell myself to hold it together but I... I just... I can't.

*blows into a tissue*

Every single time I watched this scene I broke out in tears. Every. Single. Time. :'(

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
Beaches
Steel Magnolias

I can't believe no one put I am Legend, but I'm putting it there now! Every time the dog dies I cry like a baby.

Reactions: SlamifiedBuddafied
I can usually compose myself well during movies, but there's one.. Just one.. Every time I watch it, I say, "Not this time. I know what's going to happen, I'm not gonna shed a tear."

Princess and the Frog. When Ray dies.. And then they see the stars in the sky.. And I just lose my s*it and cry for the remainder of the movie.

Near the end of the excellent movie, "The Fountain". Hugh Jackman's portrayal of a man in three different worlds, struggling with the frailty of mortality and loss while searching for the secrets to immortality. Truly an awe inspiring film.

"Bicentennial Man" was a tear-jerker for sure, as well as "Seven Pounds".

• Love
I've shed a few tears on some movies, but never really have I actually cried during one. I don't cry a lot in general, like, even if I wanted to. I think it's just gotten to the point where I've seen and experienced enough sad events in my life that I've become sorta desensitized to them. Which is weird because I'm a very emotional person. But I dunno, I'll get back to you on that after I go to see The Fault in Our Stars. I'm reading the book right now and I just know it's gonna make me cry a lot. It'd be the first time in like a decade.

• Thank You
Hmmm. I never have cried during a movie...I have felt slightly sad-ish during one and it wasn't any of what people said. Surprise surprise. The movie that actually made me feel sad, not cry, was.

Of Mice and Men

Status
Not open for further replies.