What movie turns you into a blubbering mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. I never have cried during a movie...I have felt slightly sad-ish during one and it wasn't any of what people said. Surprise surprise. The movie that actually made me feel sad, not cry, was.

Of Mice and Men

Book and movie. That scene with Lennie, saved in death by his only real friend in the world George. A morally grey decision which to this day haunts my thoughts.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
The end of saving private Ryan, Marley and me and Lone Survivor.

The end of Lone Survivor kills me...the videos and pictures of the actual men and their wives and kids...it's heart breaking :(

• Love
A movie that always makes me tear up is Bridge To Terabithia. It goes down so far so fast.

It's not a movie but Angel Beats is also one of the saddest animes I have watched. I cannot watch the end without crying. Also the same with Rida dying in Dexter.

Reactions: 2 people

Don't know what it fucking is but like 3 seconds into the actual flashback, I start tearing up. I think it's a parental thing. It's about 38 seconds in. <<;

• Love

Don't know what it fucking is but like 3 seconds into the actual flashback, I start tearing up. I think it's a parental thing. It's about 38 seconds in. <<;

I wouldn't say sadness for me.
If anything, the fear and helplessness as a child put up against a force well beyond control hit me like a cinder-wall brick though

Marley and Me
When Marley Died i cried so hard knowing the good things his has done

• Love
Reactions: Ashi
Definitely The Lion King. Mufasa dying, then reappearing in the sky... tears every time. ;_;

And then pretty much all of V for Vendetta, but especially the "god is in the rain" segments. And the very end when they're all unmasking and you see the little girl out in the crowd. Instant tears.

Then Terminator 2 is kind of an emotional roller coaster, if you watch it in the right mood. It's only a cheesy action flick on the surface.

Marley and Me. Every time I watch it.

Every. Single. Fucking. Time.

Hell, I still have tear stains on my book too. >>;

Eight Below. Seeing animals in a terrible condition just kills me. I can't do it. I can't watch that movie ever again.

Frozen. Yeah. You heard me. God dammit, Elsa. I KNOW THOSE FEELS.

Not technically movies, but The Pacific and Band of Brothers. If you know what they're about, then chances are you know why I cry. Any real "eye-opener" movie does that for me, but the war-themed ones affect me a little more because I have family who have lived similar experiences.

Megamind. I suppose it's the rain scene that really speaks to me. ;w; Oh, and Brother Bear.

Reactions: Kura
Add a new one to my list. The Normal Heart! I've watched it five times since it aired on Sunday, and every time it gets to the end scene I'm blubbering like a baby. I think I went through two boxes of tissues with that movie.

Marley and Me
Old Yeller (Yeah, I said it!)
Homeward Bound
White Fang
Alaska
Knight and Day
Interview With A Vampire
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Dark Knight Rises
Rise of the Guardians (Jack Frost ftw! - LOVE the last scene when Jack and Jamie hug!)
Brave
Kiki's Delivery Service
Happy Birthday Inochi Kagayaku Toki

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head... I know, I'm a crybaby. XD

Last edited:
The Land Before Time, not because of Littlefoot's mother but because of what happened to Judith Barsi. I can't watch that without feeling like shit afterwards, just hearing Ducky's voice jerks me.
images

Rent, because realizing that you have a sickness that is incurable at your time without the chance of survival is hard, but made harder when someone who you love so dearly, and such a wonderful beckon of light in your life, dies slowly in front of you. Someone who'd given you a reason to be happy and loving is gone. And realizing that there is nothing you can do to save them, just make the time they have left great.
tumblr_mvajzhifjH1sggl5no1_500.gif

Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen (M*A*S*H)

Because after being around a group of people for so long and learning more about them, sitting with them during their hurts and insanity, struggling together, saying goodbye is hard to bear.

My Girl.

• Hachikō & Hachi: A Dog's Tale (*cries* *cries some more* *spends the rest of the day telling my dogs how much I love them*)

• Marley & Me (*cries for an hour*)

• The Green Mile (I turned into a blubbering mess when they killed the mouse. FEELTRIPS)

• Big Fish (that last scene where the old man is laying in the hospital bed? TURN ON THE FEELS)
  • Dear Zachary (An array of emotions actually. Anger, disbelief, sadness, etc.)
Also a couple of documentaries had me, not so much wailing, but made me incredibly sad and just... angry almost.
I have a really big weak spot for elderly, children, and animals.

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Hachi, my sisters keeper, lovely bones, Marley and me, land before time, fox and the hound, the simple now, the notebook, endless love, the hunger games,

There are a bunch more but those are the first ones that came to mind.

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
For those of you in this thread who haven't said "Grave of the Fireflies," go watch it now and turn into a river of feels.

Grave of the Fireflies - The. Saddest. Movie. Ever.

I have never cried during a movie before. But some movies that have made me come very close are 50/50, Remember the Titans, The Blind Side, and Charlie St. Cloud (yes, I'll admit to that one). I did tear up some when I saw Wicked live.

Family Man, with Nicholas Cage (final scene)
Poppers Penguins, with Jim Carrey (final scene)
Up, with those animated fellas (you know which scene)

Status
Not open for further replies.