What makes you stay at a roleplay site?

You people are like pure crack cocaine. I've tried too many times to count to slowly wean myself off, but here I am, with a intern's job... Here's the facts: Even though you all have your moments of utter douchebagery, you never cease to get over yourselves and get on with your lives, it's pretty much the melting pot of all the awesome people in the world.

When we have our bad moments both the staff and the members are always there to help (if you but gripe in the Cbox :I), always so supportive.

Well I don't really go looking for roleplay sites. I only joined the ones I did because a friend said "Hey! Join this!" lol, or I just go with the flow of the crowd. S'how I ended up at Iwaku twice.

I stay here on Iwaku because I know the people and I enjoy talking to them almost every day. It's a familiar and, for the most part, warm community where I feel like I can be me. Sure, there are some haters. Sure, there are a lot of trolls. But the number of kind and friendly people greatly outweighs the morons. I'm terrible when it comes to my self confidence yet I can think of at least four people who are constantly helping me see myself in a better light and not just about roleplaying either. Iwaku has the lovely Diana who makes it a point to try to understand the members and care for us all like we're her own little ducklings. Iwaku isn't as uptight about roleplay and rules as most other sites, so it's great for people like me who are timid and sometimes struggle with roleplaying and writing replies.

I guess what I'm saying is that this place is far friendlier and welcoming than most other places, has an admin that actually gives a shit, and is suitable for all types of playing styles. So many sites have just one type of crowd, you know? The kind that if you aren't exactly like them, you feel like a total outsider. But Iwaku is diverse and this helps anyone feel like they belong, no matter how weird their writing or personality may be.

As with MW first, then AFTA and finally here on Iwaku, I follow Diana wherever she may reign at the moment. Like the other places, this site has a good community and good people in it. It's as much my home as MW or AFTA were and I tend to be pretty loyal about such things. I understand that Iwaku is not those places nor will it ever really be, but with some of the old mixed in with some of the new it's just fine for me.

I also appreciate the new people I've met here, the old ones I've renewed friendship with, and the strangers who I have yet to charm. The games I rarely play, the blogs I sometimes read, and the chat I hardly leave for too long. All of it comes together to make this place what it is. Neither aspect being solely responsible for my stay, but each playing it's important part.

Thank you very much, Iwaku and Iwaku community, for giving me a home away from home.