What makes you feel better?

Anything that keeps me out of bed/sitting in a chair. Being still and doing nothing leaves my mind to wander and that usually just makes me feel worse. I don't know if I have anything in particular that lifts my mood, it's normally a bunch of things that do. My seemingly bipolar cat can always tell when I'm upset and she usually sits at my feet or follows me around all the time. Good food helps, maybe a blast from the past or just talking to the right people.

If all else fails, then time is usually the answer. Just wade through the waters it until you wash up on an island.

Trigun.

When I find myself deeply entrenched in depression, anxiety, self-loathing, self-doubt, or any combination of the above, I re-watch Trigun (I have the whole series on DVD). This show (and especially the protagonist, Vash the Stampede) hold a lot of personal significance to me, so it's always really comforting to come back to. And re-watching the whole series start-to-finish always seems to do a surprising amount of good at pulling me back out of the dark.

This is also the reason why I use Vash as my avatar/signature set so often (like I am now). Whenever I find myself feeling lost and just plain uncomfortable with every aspect of my identity and the very thought of my existence in any social group, changing into a Vash set helps bring me back to center, and gives me a nice... grounded feeling, for lack of a better term.

• Love
Reactions: Eru