Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
So... This been sort of a weird, rough month for me and I've been in a pretty low place, at least where my writing is concerned. But yesterday talking to some friends really snapped me out of a bad funk.

Just curious what your go to is when you're feeling down? Talking? Chilling with friends? Binge watching Scrubs? How do you handle the blues?

I sleep, when I wake up it's all in the past c:

That or just binge watch anime, funny shows... stuff like that.

Reactions: Elle Joyner
Compartmentalise it, ignore it, and keep on going.

Feel? What's that? Who needs silly hormones when you have rationality.

I'm not really sure anymore tbh. I just kinda go through it and eventually end up feeling better.

Last edited:
  • Love
Sleep. Sleeping always helps.

• Love
I sleep, like most here. It also helps to rant a little to a person. :)

• Love
I like to save shows I truly enjoy for bad days. On those days I lay down in my bed and watch them and let myself relax.

Long hot shower is my favorite thing in the world. It also helps me sleep. Which is always a problem.

Sometimes cooking can be relaxing. Especially if everything is ready to go. No cleaning or having to look through a billion cupboards. Like the other week after my keys got locked in at work. I went about cooking grilled rice balls, something I'd been putting off. I found it relaxing to cook something new. Especially in front of a grill. Perhaps it's primal caveman instincts when cooking over an open fire at night.

Audiobooks have become an important part of my life, since they see me through the work week. When I really enjoy an audiobook. There's really nothing else I want to do. Except maybe for actually reading it. :3

• Love
I hide in my closet and blast music through my headphones until I forget why I'm in a closet.

• Love
Mr. Right! Seriously, that movie is the best for cheering me up, along with Spaceballs, and Dracula: Dead and Loving it.....pretty much any horrible, cheesy comedy.

Ranting to my husband and having him threaten to kick someone's butt helps too. Seriously, if someone's upset me, my husband has threatened to hurt them for me. He wouldn't actually go through with it, and I'm pretty sure he does it just to get me to crack a smile.

Reading usually helps me as well. I have an entire list of books that I read whenever I get depressed. Fifty Shames of Earl Grey (Parody of Fifty Shades) is one of the best books out there to cheer you up. I recommend it to everyone.

• Love
I generally rant at people, honestly. There are a few people who are very very nice for ranting to, and at least one of them is usually available, so...

I also tend to stress-eat and watch Youtube videos <.<

• Love
I buy art. It can take awhile to get back, but knowing I will be getting a new picture of one of my characters always cheers me up.

Writing also helps. I'm not known for happy writing, so I have a feeling I write away my negative feelings.

• Love
When depressed or angry, I listen to equally depressing or angry music. It sounds counterproductive, but it's actually really cathartic n once it's all out of me, I feel a lot better.

Or I rant. But my temper is too much to handle n I've ended up pushing every friend I've had away, so... no more of that I guess. I just hide it now.

Binge-watching my favorite stuff is usually great. Finding new interesting Youtube channels is always a plus, because there's so many things there that are interesting - cartoons, top 5s, creepy vids, hilarious let's players, looooots of stuff and variety. Movies, shows, n anime are also great things to binge, bonus points if they're a really long series.

If none of those, I first take a super hot shower, almost unbearable to touch the water, and then I huddle under blankets and hide away until I sleep.

• Love
My main go to is sleep. Normally after a good long sleep I sort of reset. If that doesn't work then much as I hate it, getting some exercise helps. I find it hard to hold onto any emotion when I feel like I'm five steps from face planting on the pavement and expiring. Finally, if I have the time and can persuade someone else to come along, going scuba diving helps a lot. The effect of the pressure and weightlessness is very relaxing and comforting and gives me a weird sense of detachedness from my thoughts. Just lets me sort through things in peace.

• Love
main.png

I like to hide into small spaces. Curl up in my bed underneath my blankets, or lock myself up in my closet. It feels nice then to be surrounded by darkness (Hello darkness, my old friend). I just want to be alone and retreat.

Though, talking helps a lot as well. When people catch me in a low mood they usually get me to talk rather than letting me retreat. It feels good then, let myself be cared for and vent about frustrations.

When I try to put my emotions next to me and return to them later I go and distract myself with as much stimulation I can muster to keep thoughts away. Watching a movie/series and folding origami at the same time, or I read and listen to music. I try to have everything busy so that my mind has little chance in wandering. Afterwards I can go back to my emotions and evaluate them with fresh eyes.

Sleep helps, or a lengthy heart to heart.

I usually sleep restlessly at best, and sometimes if I've had a few broken nights it catches up with me.

Or, sometimes, it's a wonderfully sweet PM from someone looking after me. :3

Thank you, you know who you are.

• Love
Random youtube vids make me feel better when I have anxiety. The help me focus on something so the panic doesn't completely eat my sanity.

I also pet my animals. My cat is very good at the receiving pets thing. It's like she senses when I'm distraught. Just the other night I was having troubles sleeping and she came to me immediately. She is a treasure.

I allow one day to feel sorry for myself and practice self care, then I pick myself up by my boot straps and fake it.