What is the most DARING thing you have ever done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved across the country (three provinces and two time zones for a grand total of 3500 kilometers) for work, leaving my friends and family behind.

Other than that, enlisting in the military was pretty daring.

Reactions: Midian
I actually. . . have no idea. I mean I've done lots of things that people could consider daring, like being a hard core competitive gymnast, being a life guard (And having to jump in and save people), asking a boy to meet me from over the internet, going in a tiger cage and feeding it, umm really lots of things. I love adventure, some point I would love to go skydiving, so maybe that will be my most daring thing.

My uncle gets bark scorpions (nasty little buggers in california and arizona) in his backyard. He's got a twelve year old daughter who likes to play out there, so every time I'm over I've got to go get those darn scorpions. If you know what you're doing, they're not too bad-- but their sting hurts like hell.

Besides that, uh... space needle, glass floor. Jumping. Up and down, solid twenty seconds. I'm still alive.

Feel pretty accomplished.

When I was 17 my dad and his girlfriend wanted to move cities to be closer to her family and, after they were unwilling to compromise with me on when they did (all I asked was that they considered waiting until I was finished high school or at least wait until 18 and on ODSP so that I could support myself), I finally put my foot down and said "Fine, you can move, but I'm not going with you." That was pretty daring considering I'd never stood up for myself against them at all before that point.

They weren't too happy that I'd decided to grow a backbone right at that moment and tried to convince me I was being stupid, but I was pretty adamant that my mental health (and getting out of that situation) was more important then going with them.

Five years later and I'm in a better place mentally and my life's more together then either of theirs are at the moment.

A couple of friends and I were playing Truth or Dare . I was lucky enough to go streaking through the neighborhood and while I rode skateboard. It was embarrassing ...

Confronted and conquered all my realistic fears.

I once refused cake...

I got out of class two minutes before the bell rang. I was never caught.

p2txIIm.gif

Reactions: Aleksandar
Got into a heated argument today with a customer at work. He threatened a handful of people (coworkers and customers) and I had to step in to attempt and deescalate the situation. He made a few vague threats to my person and promised he'd come back to finish what he started, which he didn't. Got the blood pumping how I like it. I only regret that he didn't try to strike first, the I'd have had my fun.

Not the most daring thing, but that's all I could think of at the moment.

Forging the dean's signature (down to the specific type of pen he always used - a blue Vis-a-Vis Marker) on a drop card in undergrad so that I could drop a class past the regular deadline.

Setting up a cheating scheme for crowded lecture halls during finals week during which we had a friend who had taken the course before and knew the material well, and would intentionally sit next to him and have him write answers in extra-large lettering on his bluebooks so we could read them. Then he'd wait until the end of the exam when there was a rush of 150+ students trying to turn in their exams all at the same time, and he'd just stick the test materials into his bag and walk out.

I stuck an Otter Pop on my sleeping sister's back once....

and lived.

I became an admin of this site alongside Amsodesu back in 2007. I haven't let in the meantime. Oh my.

Riding on the back of my boyfriends motorcycle. It was horrifying.

Also when I was about 15 I ordered a bunch of mature games I wanted of amazon behind my parents back, note I never got caught.

Having sex for the first time obviously

Uhhhh. I used to work at a amusement park. Climbing up to the top of the biggest rollercoasters highest point with the shittiest ladder/staircase for my only aid. It kind of cured my fear of heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.