What is something you never thought you would like before trying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sushi, calamari, Mole sauce (I don't have the fancy e with the mark that makes it the Spanish pronunciation)

Anime

Working at a deli

Markiplier. I remember at the time my friend was really into him and they tried so hard to get me to watch his videos, but I just wasn't very interested; I thought he was just another obnoxiously loud YouTube gamer like PewDiePie and the Game Grumps. Then when I was bored one day and looking for something new to watch, I found one of his videos and just went, "Why the heck not?" After the first few minutes I was hooked.

What I find funny now is how the roles have been reversed in that my friend no longer enjoys Markiplier, whereas I absolutely adore him. If anything, though, it's a bit disappointing.

Spicy food.

I used to hate it so much because it basically felt like the inside of my mouth was blazing like 420

But then I sucked it up and began to love many different kinds of spicy food :3

Tomatoes! And now I eat them every day along with pepper and parmeggiano.

Then... I guess there's also girls.

Mean Girls
It kept coming up on my Netflix recommended, but I was like

Pink? High school? Lindsay Lohan? Ew.

Then I was bored and thought "omfg like ALL my friends have rated this movie. Fine, I'll watch it."

It's beautiful, it's hilarious, I will never not watch it.
OMG MINIBIT, YOU DONT EVEN GO HERE >:[

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jorick
Being in love Electronic Music. More of a metal head myself, but EDM has started slipping in quite regularly.

Coffee, wine, massages, sex, work, and sushi. Those are the ones I can easily think of at the end of the day here :D

Reactions: Shas'Ui
Marriage and fatherhood.

EDIT: Also veggies skillet fried in bacon grease. I never saw that coming.

Similar to Brovo, I always thought I'd hate the various forms of electronic music out there. Now stuff like this makes up the majority of new music I find and enjoy these days.

I also had a negative concept of indie music, but then I stumbled upon bands like Metric and Mother Mother and now if I were to make a list of my favorite bands of all time the top would be stacked with indie and indie rock bands.

I thought I would dislike the game Bastion before finally playing it after the hype had died down. The expected dislike was largely because the actual gameplay (which was all I bothered to look into) seemed kind of tedious. I wasn't far off on that, but the art style and music and narrator made it easy to disregard the less than stellar aspects.

I expected Dark Souls would simply piss me off to no end rather than being fun, and I only played it because I saw my brother playing it and failing hard at it and I wanted to show him up. Now it's one of my favorite games. Also I did show him up like a boss: he only got through some fights, especially on the New Game+ difficulty, because he had an Xbox online account could summon in other players to help; I played it with no other player help and ended up surpassing him and getting farther than he ever managed to. :P

Meatloaf. I always thought it would be disgusting. Was at a friends for a sleepover and, what do you know, they were having meatloaf for dinner that day. I couldn't say no, so I tried it ...

And it was goddamn delicious.

Meat. Beef, pork, chicken, fish, shellfish, etc.

I was raised vegetarian and the idea of dead flesh in my mouth was so incredibly off-putting and foreign. The smell made me nauseous. Just... gross.

When I was about 10, my parents were like "Okay, you're old enough to decide whether you want to stay vegetarian". I tried a few things when I was eating out at restaurants or at friend's houses and after many years I'm now all FUCK YEAH, GIMME RARE STEAK WRAPPED IN BACON AND TOPPED WITH LIVER PATE. LEMME EAT THAT DELICIOUS BABY LAMB TOO.

Driving.

Las Vegas.

Working.

Living in Denver, Colorado.

Living in Korea.

Japanese women.

Korean women.

Iraqi women.

Okinawan Goya (bitter melon).

Night shifts at work.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
People
Criminal Minds
Kingdom Hearts
Code Lyoko
NANA
Suzuka

Hip hop
Jazz
Sashimi
Broccoli
Shonen anime
Otome adaptations (the good ones, actually I've only watched one so uh)
Lord of the Rings (the books)
Warcraft
Snorkeling
Traveling to another country

Last edited:
I was skeptical about Hakuoki, which was an anime that's an adaptation of those Japanese love sims because usually they are incredibly hard to watch but now it's one of my favourite animes ; u ;

Also, kiwi.

Fried morels. I hate the texture and taste of other mushrooms. Morels were a pleasant surprise.

Idiomas diferentes. [Different Languages]

I grew up my entire life being taught that english is the dominant, superior, and awesomest language you ever done did see. I neglected studying another language in high school 'cause I was so sure that I'd never speak another language; more or less, english was all I ever thought I'd need.

The first song I ever sang (passably) in spanish was... Whew. Romantic languages are much more fun to talk in than english. Soon I found myself getting into Italian, French, and parts of Vietnamese and Cree-- I mean, holy shit, language is awesome.

Reactions: Hana
J-Pop and K-Pop.

I told myself that I wouldn't enjoy it, and then...

My girlfriend introduced me to some K-Pop, and now I really really like it.

Like, a lot.

Reactions: LunaValentine
  • Sour cream
  • Eel sauce
  • Oyster shooters
  • Squirrel soup
  • Deer heart
  • Tobiko
  • Escargot

Reactions: Shas'Ui
Status
Not open for further replies.