What is love?

What is love?

• Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

• A series of biochemical impulses in the brain that indicate whether or not you should mate.

• A lie. Yes, I habitually listen to Green Day, what of it?

• A post-war economic miracle.

• Between a man and a woman.

• Fabulous as fuck.

• A meme.

• Something Gwazi will run into the ground.

• A concept utterly ruined by the Internet's general facile obsession with shipping.

• Triggering.

• Competitive Vaping.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brovo

Ferret Dad
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Afternoons and evenings, some weekends.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Post Apocalypse, Horror, Romance, Survival...

I love this guy. I just wanted to share the love I have for this guy. He also did a history of Japan vidya.

... That's it really. Blow up this thread however you like.

Discuss: What is Love?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Cyan
A mistake in the Matrix.

Duh.

maxresdefault.jpg

I am extremely pleased that that first poll option is there.... That is all.

Reactions: Fox of Spades
There should be a 'none of the above' option.

BABY DON'T HURT ME
DON'T HURT ME
NO MORE

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jorick

I love this guy. I just wanted to share the love I have for this guy. He also did a history of Japan vidya.

... That's it really. Blow up this thread however you like.

Discuss: What is Love?
I'm honestly really fond of that video, and I liked how it ended on a serious definition that wasn't exclusive to romantic love. It was a really nice little bonus that I honestly didn't expect.

I'm aromantic, so I don't really relate to people's feelings of romantic love. To me, love is simply... caring for other people, liking being around them and wanting to see them be happy and all that -- whether those people be your family members, friends, or really anyone. Kindness, empathy... to me, these are the ingredients of love.

And even then, that's only in reference to loving another person. You can also love... things that you're fond of.

I agree completely -- love is a four-letter word that can be used in various ways that are mostly positive. :P

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Love for me is like chocolate. There are so many different kinds, but all of them taste good to me.

I'm honestly really fond of that video, and I liked how it ended on a serious definition that wasn't exclusive to romantic love. It was a really nice little bonus that I honestly didn't expect.

I'm aromantic, so I don't really relate to people's feelings of romantic love. To me, love is simply... caring for other people, liking being around them and wanting to see them be happy and all that -- whether those people be your family members, friends, or really anyone. Kindness, empathy... to me, these are the ingredients of love.

And even then, that's only in reference to loving another person. You can also love... things that you're fond of.

I agree completely -- love is a four-letter word that can be used in various ways that are mostly positive. :P
I just love that one of the things he loves is "Competitive Vaping."

Fuck it, I'm adding that to the poll.

Reactions: Kagayours
I once heard it described as a fact you know, that is was as much thought and action as emotion. That definition's the one that has always stuck with me.

For the record, my Dad once said that about loving my Mom and they've been married 35+ years, so there must be something to it ^_^

I'd say love is a lot like gambling. You feel good from it, get massively addicted to it, and at the end you either feel very satisfied or very empty. And usually your wallet is a bit lighter afterwards, but the regrets are far outweighed by the positive vibes. And in a heartbeat, despite the losses, you'd get back into the game without much thought.

I'm not an expert on the topic, by the way... just going by what I've experienced personally.

~Love is like sailing by moonlight
Reading the stars
Navigating by night~

Yeah I'm a sap. o_o Deal with it.

I'd say love is a lot like gambling. You feel good from it, get massively addicted to it, and at the end you either feel very satisfied or very empty. And usually your wallet is a bit lighter afterwards, but the regrets are far outweighed by the positive vibes. And in a heartbeat, despite the losses, you'd get back into the game without much thought.

I'm not an expert on the topic, by the way... just going by what I've experienced personally.
I'd actually say that's a pretty accurate description of it from what I've seen of most people.
I'd say from myself too, but I've been single for about 4 years now so I don't think the "In a heartbeat" part applies to me. :P

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Status
Not open for further replies.