What is love?

What is love?

• Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

• A series of biochemical impulses in the brain that indicate whether or not you should mate.

• A lie. Yes, I habitually listen to Green Day, what of it?

• A post-war economic miracle.

• Between a man and a woman.

• Fabulous as fuck.

• A meme.

• Something Gwazi will run into the ground.

• A concept utterly ruined by the Internet's general facile obsession with shipping.

• Triggering.

• Competitive Vaping.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brovo

Ferret Dad
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Afternoons and evenings, some weekends.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Post Apocalypse, Horror, Romance, Survival...

I love this guy. I just wanted to share the love I have for this guy. He also did a history of Japan vidya.

... That's it really. Blow up this thread however you like.

Discuss: What is Love?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Cyan
Pfft, all of you nerds get outta here with your serious shit.

Love is pain. Love is heart ache at the feeling of missing someone after a long day. Heart ache at the thought of them leaving. Heart ache at the feeling of dying without them. Love is beauty. Love is appreciating the same smile of someone years on end. Love is admiring every aspect of someone even if they frustrate you. Love is time, energy, blood, sweat, and tears. Love is putting in the effort to sustain it in the long run. Love is lustful. Love is in-between the legs of women and men. Love is in a cup at a bar. Love inside a tobacco leaf. Love inside a mirror. Love is like a long car ride home. Love is home. Love is a knife. Love can stab you in the back despite how much you give it. Love is subjective. She runs from it. He runs towards it. Love is an experience. Love is what you make it.

Aight, imma take my sad ass outta here. See y'all in six years.

The answers are primarily silly here but I will throw my lot in with the few serious answers.
For me, love means not giving up.

The things that I love aren't always rewarding. Sometimes, they're frustrating, infuriating, and hard. But I stay in and fight the good fight forward anyway, because I love them.
This has to do with people that I choose to stand by even when they're driving me crazy, activities that I continue doing even when I'm struggling, etc.
And for me, being willing to distance myself from people and stopping fighting for them is a good sign that it's not working for me anymore and the love isn't there.

TLDR; if I really love you, I will fight through hell with you, even if you're being a tool. Disclaimer: I will probably still tell you you're being a tool.​

I was going to vote for the first option.

But then the Buttercorn took over. >:[

• Nice Execution!
  • Love
Reactions: Razilin and Greenie
Love is retaking the Holy Land from the Saracens.
Or Shrek, I'm still not sure.

Reactions: Wen
A quote from an anime I was kind of roped into watching (perhaps out of love):

Those who laugh at love, cry for love.

The use of the word. A subway wall on which to spray paint enigmas and tag feelings we cannot truly describe, in the hope someone, some day, shares or perhaps even feels the same confusion for us. You don't need to understand the art to appreciate the experience.

Love itself. A Night at the Roxbury.

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours and Brovo
To offer a real response, I guess...

Love isn't just a word. Love is action. Love is never giving up, never ceasing to believe, never ceasing to fighting for one another...

If you love me, you won't give up on me. I'll show my love by not giving up on you, and always fighting for you -- even if you can't stand up and fight for yourself. If you're going to tell me you love me, you'd better mean it, because I'm going to hold you to that high standard. Love isn't just about sharing affections, it's about sharing everything.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Love is the feel you get when the enemy hero stack three bastions nad your team cannot handle it at all.

Oh wait, that is the feeling of pure unadulterated loathing.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/032/734/3.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.