What I'm hyped about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its local host, so anyone on my friendlist will be able to join.

And the game allready suffers from slowdowns when you build superships or the computer spawn to many pirates or spacestations. The game is still in early access you know. Its nowhere near complete. It might be a that the planets are a nightmare. We are talking about 1:1 scale 120km big planets here.
Sweet. :3

And good point. :/
Let's hope the Dev's put some thought into optimization with the Planet update.

Sweet. :3

And good point. :/
Let's hope the Dev's put some thought into optimization with the Planet update.
If I had to wager a guess, planets will only be processed on the level of gravity ("pull") multiplied by the total spherical size. Ergo, shortcuts in creating pseudo-mass without having to be concerned about the massive processor kill involved with actually simulating that much mass in a graphical engine.

Kerbals does the same thing. It's why gravity cuts out in "stages" rather than procedural. It saves a ton of processing power.

RAM, on the other hand... Idk, texture load only on objects within X range? Different cells with extremely low poly-count at distance?

EDIT

It's also why in Kerbals, you can hijack one of the meteors/asteroids doing a fly-by near Kerbin, throw it at the planet, and just watch the two objects "bounce." They don't have any actual "mass", only gravitational force. So they're more akin to rubber. Only, now, you have rubber legos.

The difference here is the sheer amount of detail and the graphical engine. As a person who worked a bit with gamedev, and knows more then a fair share of what goes into it, it boggles my mind they managed to actually add Planets on the scale they did.

Don't Space Engineer Planets need to be interactive though?
Like mine-able for resources and such?

Kerbal never has that stuff.

Yepp. Exacly. The planets are FULLY DESTRUCTABLE.

Let that sink in for a moment.

That's amazing, but also very worrisome for game requirements.

It's really not though. o-o Minecraft can pull off an nigh-infinite procedural world and run it on a toaster. Difference being that Space Engineers looks prettier, but a lot of it is just vast, open spaces of complete nothingness. Seriously I wouldn't panic unless your computer is a piece of crap that can barely run space engineers to begin with. :ferret:

WORLD OF WARCRAFT MOVIE TRAILER

I WAITED TEN YEARS PEOPLE

TEN
FUCKING
YEARS

It's really not though. o-o Minecraft can pull off an nigh-infinite procedural world and run it on a toaster. Difference being that Space Engineers looks prettier, but a lot of it is just vast, open spaces of complete nothingness. Seriously I wouldn't panic unless your computer is a piece of crap that can barely run space engineers to begin with. :ferret:
Ok, there's enough good points from both sides I'm just gonna say we wait for Hellis to set up the server today and then see for ourselves.

Gwazi. The game allready has sever lag issues, becouse the "lego" parts in this is far beyond minecraft in complexity and the the way everything turns into moving debri. The worst offender so far have been when you have like, a bazillion pirateships spawned 10 000 kilometers away and it still taxes you xD
luckily, they added a console command to help removing overflow these days.

Reactions: Brovo
Gwazi. The game allready has sever lag issues, becouse the "lego" parts in this is far beyond minecraft in complexity and the the way everything turns into moving debri. The worst offender so far have been when you have like, a bazillion pirateships spawned 10 000 kilometers away and it still taxes you xD
luckily, they added a console command to help removing overflow these days.
True.

Though at this point I'm just nodding my head at any decent point cause I don't know enough on the topic. :P
Twitch

:D Release trailer
Alien life now? Oh boi.

PSA: YOU NEED DIRECT X 11 compatible card

Edited:
Oh shit this is glorius. 10/10

I'm watching the sun cresting the horizon. This is mindbogglingly gorgous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psh 1/10. Didn't even burn up in the atmosphere! WHERE IS MY FIRE AND DEATHHHH!!?!!

This is keen. It will be implemented once they get drunk enough. They allready confimed aerodynamics is coming.

I just got home and tried to join, couldn't find any friends server (and yes I do have Hellis on Steam).

I'm assuming the server computer just wasn't on at the time.

I don't have a server computer is the thing. I got a a monster machine, so I just local host it on it for most of the time. Poke me over skype when you want to play.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I don't have a server computer is the thing. I got a a monster machine, so I just local host it on it for most of the time. Poke me over skype when you want to play.
That's what I mean, the computer hosting it wasn't running it at the time. :P

And will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.