• I was gonna choose a proper answer, then I saw this enticing other one

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Immortal_Chaos

Original poster
Just randomly, I wanna have conversation about something. So, lets talk about if Earth actually defied physics, and was a cube!

Just randomly, I wanna have conversation about something. So, lets talk about if Earth actually defied physics, and was a cube!

If the Earth was a cube, gravity would work oddly. No thank you.

Well, imagine if gravity was equally distributed across each surface (because otherwise it would be like living in a bowl)

I suppose for the winter in the south hemisphere almost the entire face of the Southern Face would be ice.
And same for the North

Hardest title to click ever =3=

I image it'd be interesting to live on one of the corners.

Wonder how oceans would work.

Wonder how our orbit would work.

Reactions: Mu
Imagine going over a corner. You just leap off a vertical cliff then land the right way up

Imagine going over a corner. You just leap off a vertical cliff then land the right way up
I guess until this happens, I've been leaping off horizontal cliffs?

So it'd be like Mario Galaxy. I'm down with that.

Does that mean if we're standing on a corner we can see space below us?

Does that mean if we're standing on a corner we can see space below us?
Possibly. But I suppose it would probably just be sky though, because the atmosphere would still be a thing

Hm...would two of the corners serve as poles?

I think it would be cool, and I actually like the thought of gravity shifting because of the shape. Think about it: you'd be heavier standing on the corners because there's more earth underneath you, and you'd be lighter in the center of the sides.

My one issue is water flow. On a flat surface everything would be stagnant. Are there still contours and imperfections like on earth?

Are you implying the world isn't a cube? BURN THE HERETIC O_O

Reactions: Infinatis
That world would be far too edgy.
The RPs I am part of, the weeb one in case you totally couldn't guess by my set, has more edge than a cube-shaped world by default!

Our gravity would not give the fucks... atleast i think so...

I think it would be cool, and I actually like the thought of gravity shifting because of the shape. Think about it: you'd be heavier standing on the corners because there's more earth underneath you, and you'd be lighter in the center of the sides.

My one issue is water flow. On a flat surface everything would be stagnant. Are there still contours and imperfections like on earth?
Well I would think so, but we can't really know.

If that's the case then the folks who said the earth is round will be laughed at and mocked for all time.

Terms like "round earthers" will be thrown around to anyone who defy this strange paradigm of science.

I'm pretty sure ocean currents would be fucked up and days would be quite a bit shorter. I'm also sure we'd all be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.