Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was gonna choose a proper answer, then I saw this enticing other one

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure days would be pretty normal (except for those on the southern and northern faces)

Everyone who thinks the Earth is round shall be cast into the pit of death

Okay now we have to think of the advantages... Um...

We could number each of the sides, and be dicks to those who live on the "bad numbers".

Reactions: Infinatis
There are no bad numbers! Except 32. Fuck that guy.

If the cube uses corners for poles, then all sides would get equal amounts of sunlight. The intensity would just be limited by the geometry. If not, then yeah the north and south sides would be in cold, eternal night.

So we can drill perfect chunks of the earth? MEINCRAFT CONFIRMED!

If the world was a cube, we''d all be

*puts on shades*

Squares.

Reactions: Snakey
I think it would be cool, and I actually like the thought of gravity shifting because of the shape. Think about it: you'd be heavier standing on the corners because there's more earth underneath you, and you'd be lighter in the center of the sides.
Actually, gravity would be strongest in the centre of each face. Less distance between you, on the surface, and the centre of the Earth, hence a stronger gravitational pull.
In fact, the force of gravity experienced is stronger at the poles than at the equator on our Earth because of this (and some other stuff, but mainly this) because the shape of the Earth means you're slightly closer to the centre at the poles than at the equator. ^^

Of course, a cubic Earth would mean gravity worked very differently anyway, but I imagine it would be similar in this regard. If the force experienced by the corners were greater, it would pull them in - so the force experienced would have to be weaker at the corners (for whatever reason) than at the centre of each face for the planet to take a cubic shape.

"Did you know that the earth is spinning at an incredible speed? It's been spinning so fast for so long that all the edges have been worn down and it's gotten round." --Tsugumi Ohba, author of Death Note

He brings up a good point.

What if it was a cube to begin with?

Well, interesting. But how would that cube be formed?
*flash back to giants dropping an icecube in space*

What if the earth was the shape of a triangle and thisis all an illusion made by inhaling oxygen and its just a cover up for the Illuminati

I dont even...
Um...

Ah I see, oxygen is actually hallucinogenic

Status
Not open for further replies.