What Happened That Day (Tragedy/Romance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHeartlessNobody

The Light Fury
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Any. I have no favorites.
*Currently not accepting more partners. Will edit when I have the time to accept more people to rp with. Have an awesome day! ;D *

(This is inspired by Anohana, though you don't have to have seen it to do this rp since all the characters will be OC and will be separate from the anime. Originally I was going to do this as a group rp but it didn't seem to get any interest. So I figured I'd see if I can make it into a 1x1. I am willing to go off of the plot and come up with something completely new, this is just basically one option to give ideas and gain interest of someone who might want to work with me to make an awesome rp with these characters and a tragedy plot. So, read and PM me if you think you are interested)

HgFKXVX.png

"I suppose its true. You really don't know what you have until everything falls apart. We were the best of friends. Ever since first grade when the six of us were placed into the same class together we were always inseparable.

There was me as the gamer, though they also always called me their leader. The others had their own 'roles' as well. The artist who could make any painting come to life. The popular jock who just about everyone wished to be or be with. The class clown who could make a joke about anything and always make people laugh when times got tough. The 'princess' who loved to dress up for everything and look the best. And the shy girl who was like a little sister to us all. We were a strange, yet close group of friends. We even had a name for our little group! The Peace Makers. I know, kind of a silly name, but when did come up with it when we were just kids.

Growing up together made us so close. We were always strong when we had each other. Always looking out for one another. Always together.

Strange...how can one day....one terrible event...change something so wonderful?"

If you survived that intro, then congratulations! You've completed the first step of getting into this rp! I suppose I should explain the main idea of this rp.

Basically there is a group of friends who are pretty much outsiders because, rather than conforming to stay in cliques, they formed their own little group. And even though they were all so different, they became the best of friends.

Of course, where there are such good friends, there's bound to be some issues. The issues start when the others start to notice two of the characters (the Leader and the Shy Girl of the group) getting closer. It's fairly clear they like each other, but that doesn't settle well with the others due to other feelings within the group (such as some of the other characters liking the leader or the shy girl or getting jealous about the two being so close) and that's when their jealousy causes them to form a plan.

A couple of them (not all of the four other plans this, probably just two of them) form a plan to keep them apart by making them embarrassed to be around each other. So, while everyone is hanging in a small shack that they called their secret base, one of the characters flat out asks the Leader if he loves the Shy Girl, right in front of her. This of course works in embarrassing him, and in his frustration of the moment, he yells at them, telling them he could never like 'someone as ugly as her' (or something like that anyway). This of course hurts the Shy Girl's feeling, but she just smiles and shrugs it off. Seeing this reaction though, seemed to frustrate him more, causing him to run off from the shack.

The Shy Girl of course runs after him, to check and see if he's okay. Minutes later, the rest of the group goes off to find them and finds the Leader. He's by himself and calmed down quite a bit, the others apologizing for what happened. With everything seemingly okay, they go off to find where Shy Girl went. Only, what they find is something they will never forget.

They find their friend down in a river bank, unresponsive. The girl, running after the Leader, had tripped and fell down into the river, hitting her head. She was dead before they had even found her.

After that, they didn't return to that shack. They didn't even speak to each other again. They all went their separate ways, finding new 'friends', though could never find themselves as happy as they were when all of them were together. They all blamed themselves for the death of their friend, all for different reasons, whether it be making that plan, cheering the Leader on to tell them what he thought of her, or running off and never looking back.

Yet, what if their friend wasn't really dead at all?

And what if they weren't exactly were what they thought they were either?

GEMO. It was term never heard before by normal people. Yet, at the Henderson Laboratory, it's their life work. GEMO stands for Genetically Enhanced and Modified Organisms. These organisms carried gifts. Abilities that normal humans could only dream of. It started out with small creatures, such as rats and dogs. And slowly, over the years, they came to find they wanted to tests their work out on people. On humans that they could raise, yet still be in a normal environment.

It wasn't hard to find a few infants in foster care to take in. Children they could adopt that no one would really miss. And, they even kept them all in the same area, to study their interactions with one another. Sure enough, when placed together in close range, the subjects gravitated toward each other, wishing to be close to one another without really knowing the reason. There were six test subjects, all enhanced in different ways. But, only when in real danger would these mutations come to reveal themselves.

What happened that day...it was no accident.

The death of their friend was planned. Not that they would know. Not yet, anyway. The funeral had been closed casket, so no one would see or know that there was no body being buried. When her body was taken, it was taken to a special facility. The Henderson Laboratory, where she and her friends were first enhanced as infants. There, for the next two years after her 'death' she was locked away in the same room for day in and day out. Her abilities were tested. She was experimented on. She almost lost hope.

But, the thing that kept her going? The thoughts of her friends, that perhaps someday she could see them and be with them again, was what made her strive to stay alive and determined that someday soon she would find her way back home to them.

And one day, she finally has her chance. Using her gifts, she manages to escape the labs and run away. Seeing as their adoptive parents were all involved in this scientific scheme, she couldn't return to her own home. And there were only a few people she could really go to. Her friends.

Though, much to her sadness, only one of her friends can actually see her. The reason? One of her gifts given to her by her mutation is invisibility. Unfortunately, she doesn't have it quite under control. One of the friends (likely the Leader, though this can be discussed and changed if need be) has a gift that makes them a Seer. A Seer can see things that others might not, including things that are invisible, like invisible rays, particals, and even an invisible girl. He had recently been through a life and death experience, not dying, yet coming close enough to death for his own gifts to reveal themselves to him. That was the first time he saw her again.

She told him everything. Told him what they were, and what had happened to her. Told him that they just had to get their friends together back at their 'secret base' to tell them what was going on. But, that was easier said than done. First there was the denial. After all, who wouldn't be in denial if he was suddenly seeing his dead friend when no one else could? And then, once he would believe, there was the issue of getting together friends who now hated each other and couldn't stand each other. Once they were back together, could they possibly believe that their friend was not dead, even though only one of them could see her? Even more importantly though, when the scientists come for them, how in the world are they supposed to survive?

I think you get the picture. This is going to be a drama with some romance and even a bit of comedy. In the beginning it would go over the grief of loosing their friend, possibly getting angry at the one who can see her for 'making up lies' and 'shaming their friend's memory' as well as trying to get them to really believe that she is actually there with them. Then, once they do believe it would be more of figuring out what to do from there, and if they too are in danger from these scientists and this lab.

There are of course going to be six characters in the roleplay. Their roles would be something like this if we were to label them; the Leader/Gamer, Artist, Jock, Princess, Class Clown, and Shy Girl. There will be three boys and three girls to keep things even. Each character would have up to three gifts, but with every character, one of those gifts is an accelerated healing process that makes them unable to die of most un-natural causes (notice I say most. obviously they could die in situations where their head was chopped off or something, but they could definitely survive car crashes, plane crashes, getting beaten, shot (depending on the place they are shot at), and even drowning for a longer period of time than normal humans (though they obviously wouldn't last forever under water. after a while of being in the water they would of course pass at some point, but it would take a longer time than normal humans).

Now, of you are interested, please PM me. For the six characters, we would either each have three characters or would both have our main character (me the Shy Girl and you the Leader) while sharing the other four characters. Now, if the whole 'being alive the whole time/powers thing doesn't suit you, let me know. I love to switch things up and make new plans with my partners. For instance, she could have really died and they find a way to bring her back. It could be that she's actually a ghost and they have to find a way to make her rest in peace. Or it could even more a more realistic plot with her just having amnesia and seeing them for the first time in years, having no idea who they are. Lots of options for this one XD Just let me know! Thanks and have an awesome day ;D

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Trainbrain16
YOU.
ME.
DISCUSS THIS.
NOW.

If you're still looking for someone to do this with I would love love love to do this with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.