What do you think about 'ghost videos'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to believe in the supernatural. After all, if we did discover it to exist, would it not therefore be natural?
the same applies to paranormal, in case that wasn't clear

Of course, not believing in oneself is hardly a good basis for any sort of positive self-esteem.
What about unexplained phenomena, do you believe in that?

Also, paranormal means that it's not normal, nothing else; proving something's existence wouldn't make it normal, whether or not it's a regular occurrence is what determines if it's normal or not.

And the thing about the supernatural is that there's soo much more to the universe that we have yet to understand. There are plenty of supernatural occurrences out there that scientists have acknowledged. It doesn't mean that it's not natural, it just means that science can't presently explain it. I'm sure once those occurrences are explained they will no longer be considered supernatural, but for now they are considered as such.

Although, generally when people say paranormal or supernatural, they usually just mean ghosts and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't there be a poll?

As for ghosts I don't believe in them. Though, as a Muslim I do believe in Jinns and they're probably just messing around. Not all have good intentions, however.

Not too far from where I live, at Kadena Air Base. This is from the US Air Force security forces, their video surveillance seemed to find a ghost in action.

Shouldn't there be a poll?

As for ghosts I don't believe in them. Though, as a Muslim I do believe in Jinns and they're probably just messing around. Not all have good intentions, however.

Ghosts? Pfft! As if something so silly could exist. Everybody knows they're actually djinn!

I believe in ghosts, but when it comes to videos and images, I'm extremely skeptical. Too many people know how to fake things. I'll watch them if I need a good "scare", but as far as legitimacy goes, there's only a good few that I might call real. But I haven't seen any of those yet, haha.

Ghosts? Pfft! As if something so silly could exist. Everybody knows they're actually djinn!
Some scholars have speculated that Jinns are actually beings made from energy. Besides, I did say I not we. Now let us drop this.

Some scholars have speculated that Jinns are actually beings made from energy. Besides, I did say I not we. Now let us drop this.

>Retorts
>Tells someone to drop the subject

I'm sure they're very renowned scholars, whoever they are.

>Retorts
>Tells someone to drop the subject

I'm sure they're very renowned scholars, whoever they are.
*Facepalm*

Alright, I'll admit that I was a hypocrite on that.

latest

What really lurks in the shadows when you're trying to stumble to the bathroom in the dark at 3:00am.

It's difficult to tell exactly what I think would make a video instance of the paranormal believable. It's too easy nowadays to edit a video to try to make something look real, especially considering how advanced CG has become. Any good CG artist or animator could fool you by green-screening or altering video footage. The quality of the video doesn't matter, although I will say that the better the quality, the more likely it was to be edited, in my opinion. Say you're taking a video of a part of your house and something flies across the room on-camera. It's too easy for someone to be just out of sight and throw something and then for the person making the video to say it's real. It's just like those Big Foot shows where people go out in the woods at night and whoop to Big Foot, then they hear a whoop back.. It's just another person. I can't say expressly whether or not I believe in the paranormal. I have to admit that there are some videos I've seen that really threw me for a loop for their realisticness. I suppose the best way to put it is that I will know for sure whether or not I believe when I experience it for myself. Until then, I will remain skeptical.

Some scholars have speculated that Jinns are actually beings made from energy.
I've heard speculation that "ghosts" are quantum in nature, images from the past seen in the here and now. Reflections. Someone reported seeing Roman centurions marching, only their legs were "missing"... because their legs were "underground," due to a difference in ground level between their time and ours. I happen to like this idea, and it seems to fit the "ghost" reports quite well.

Reactions: Hana
Status
Not open for further replies.