What do you think about 'ghost videos'

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kelsi Kitsune

Original poster
Youtube is such a great tool, when looking for material to discuss. This topic is about the infamous "true ghost videos". Do you think there's any out there that could be very well true? What do you think would make a something more believable to be valid? What do you think makes a video look or seem fake? Are there any videos you'd like to share, that you think could possibly be true? And lastly, what do you think about the subject of video quality for most of these videos? Do you think that a lot of the lower quality videos with certain instances, like creatures, people, or things moving through the area rapidly, are fake because of this? Or are you one of those people who thinks that everything is true, or everything is fake, because you believe or don't believe in the paranormal?

Grav3yardgirl (Aka Bunny) on YouTube started out as a paranormal vlog a few years ago, and at one point she used a thing called a "ghost box" to get her evidence (basically a radio scanner that, instead of stopping on a station, keeps scanning. Apparently it picks up ghosty chatter. Probably already knew this, but for those that don't, there ya go~). Here's a vlog of her talking about/to a Civil War soldier.

Now, since I've been watching her for a while, I'm pretty sure that Bunny doesn't have a lying bone in her body. However, the fact that it is a radio and that it constantly is scanning has me believe that it's just picking up words from the broadcasts. Although, if there's any evidence I'd buy, it'd be those (the words that stand out are very significant to the story). Still, stuff like this is really hit-and-miss. One person could hear it, another could not.

Reactions: Kelsi Kitsune
I think that the majority of the time they're one of the few things that can compete with me in the league of bollocks, but I know less than I even think I know, so who the hell knows. Unfortunately they're one of the many things in life I have to shrug my shoulders at and say/think "Could be.".

If I bore witness to it and had without a reasonable doubt. I would believe it.

Otherwise you've got people like this cunt. Who pray on gullible people's emotions. How anyone can fall for her after seeing this episide of Family Guy.

Had an ex who was a die-hard Christian. Despite her belief she believed in 'good spirits' and 'demons'. It was always comical with her talking about her 'rapist ex-boyfriend' (despite me being her first for everything) and how he was attacked by the ghost of a civil war soldier in her home to protect her.

That entire area was swamp in those days. Records prove it.

Well, we can't prove ghosts aren't real, so there... BURN.

hBAt6XT.gif

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Comical response

Serious Response

I'm largely in the field that is against the idea and notion of paranormal in most tradition, religious senses. I do believe that it is theoretically beings of ascension or irregularities in our perceived reality to be "ghosts" and "demons", something that science perhaps will never be able to fully grasp. All-in-all, the majority (like, 90%) of the stories, videos, etc. etc. are simply poor lightning conditions, primitive cameras showing blur, mist, fog, and general ambience masquerading as voices. But, occasionally, there is a case where I simply believe it if you will.​

Mmmm Swamp-lands, an okay place for a dragon to dwell, but I wouldn't bet on a soldiers' ghost being there. If records prove that the area was a swamp, why would anyone want to move through a swamp? Well, more like, why would anyone sane, move through a swamp?

And @Asuras, you have a point. We've no solid evidence anywhere, regardless of what the scientists, and priests, and experts say, so it isn't exactly 100% impossible, just like it isn't 100% that we don't all have our own realities. I mean, for all I know, we each are typing our own stuff, and it's totally different in everyone else's eyes, which I might make a post of. I'm getting off-topic lol, time for me to stop this comment here, before I somehow end up on a topic of if unicorns are real or not.

Well, we can't prove ghosts aren't real, so there... BURN.

hBAt6XT.gif

Well, we can't prove you aren't a ghost using a computer, so ha!

Anyways, I always take these kinds of things with a grain of salt and assume most of it is just created entertainment instead of legitimate footage. Part of me wants to believe in ghosts, but alas there's nothing really in the way of evidence that supports their existence.

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
"Many orthodox people speak as though it were the business of sceptics to disprove received dogmas rather than of dogmatists to prove them. This is, of course, a mistake. If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense." - Bertrand Russell

Tl;dr? When claiming extraordinary things, the burden of proof lies with you: it isn't enough just to go "well you can't prove its not real lol".

I enjoyed using the paranormal to fuck with people's minds. Oh ouija board, you've served me well. What my teenage past taught me is not that ghosts are real but that people want to be scared and want to believe that stuff exists. It's easy to put people in a state receptive to the idea of paranormal concepts. People will swear they've seen things move or heard things. They are practically creating their own illusion. Our brains fill in a lot of the stuff between the lines. Our perception is hardly a hundred percent accurate (gestalt principles in three, two, one...) so when we are in such a state...

I don't believe in ghosts. If that shit was true I'd be dragged to hell three times and back.

It's all nonsense as far as I'm concerned, because there's a complete lack of verifiable empirical evidence of the existence of the supernatural or paranormal or whatever word you want to use. I wouldn't even consider a personal "ghost" experience to be undeniable proof of their existence, because I'm well aware that the human brain is far from perfect and screw ups happen. If there were to be some rigorous and repeatable scientific testing that proved the existence of ghosts or some such, then I'd be prepared to believe they're real. Until that happens though? Nah, they're nonsense, and no silly video is going to convince me otherwise.

Video editing is so advanced today (and even before then, certain effects via video and photo were easy to fake anyways) that photo's and video's will never be adequate proof for me.

You need to show me Scientist (actual scientists following the scientific method) to come out with compelling proof proving it.
Until then? I'm going to dismiss it as either scams, wishful thinking, a trick of the eye, or delusions made in a mentally ill or drug educed state.

I wouldn't even believe my own eye witness.
If I thought I saw something like that I'd be quick to remind myself that it's easy for our senses to be fooled.

And @Asuras, you have a point. We've no solid evidence anywhere, regardless of what the scientists, and priests, and experts say, so it isn't exactly 100% impossible, just like it isn't 100% that we don't all have our own realities.

My point was actually sarcasm. I'm making fun of the idea that just because we can't prove something impossible doesn't mean it has a possibility of existing.

I refuse to believe in the supernatural. After all, if we did discover it to exist, would it not therefore be natural?
the same applies to paranormal, in case that wasn't clear

Of course, not believing in oneself is hardly a good basis for any sort of positive self-esteem.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
It's my "understanding" that ghosts are like vampires... they don't show up on film any more than Dracula shows up in a mirror. Of course, I'm just pulling this out my...

... but yes. I'd think ghosts would be difficult to record on any "technological" medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.