DISCUSSION GAMING What are your favorite games that have a romance element?

If you like farming games, definitely try Sun Haven! Most people have played Stardew Valley and that game has a special place in my heart, but Sun Haven is pretty similar and has even more content and more romance options!

In that same vein, the Rune Factory games are great for romance. Rune Factory 3, 4, and 5 are on Steam; I've personally only played Tides of Destiny and a bit of 4, but I would recommend the whole series based on the quality I've seen so far honestly.

Someone else said Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which I'm going to double down on, the characters are written so well in that game. Fire Emblem: Engage has a good few romance options as well, but I feel like the romances aren't as fleshed out in that one. These games are only available on Nintendo Switch, though.

I feel like this one may be stating the obvious with how much it blew up in popularity, but the romances in Baldur's Gate 3 really have my heart. They put a lot of effort into making the romances feel real, and they're still adding updates and patches with new kissing animations and new interactions and things like that. :heartsmile:

I also have... a LOT of otomes that I could recommend, if you like visual novels and that sort of thing, but I'll keep those out of this list for brevity's sake. I'm a HUGE romance fanatic, whether it's in writing, games, or shows, and if I find out a game has romance in it it makes me WAY more likely to buy it, lmao. I just can't help wanting to date all the fictional characters.

• Haha
Reactions: Megasis
If you like farming games, definitely try Sun Haven! Most people have played Stardew Valley and that game has a special place in my heart, but Sun Haven is pretty similar and has even more content and more romance options!

In that same vein, the Rune Factory games are great for romance. Rune Factory 3, 4, and 5 are on Steam; I've personally only played Tides of Destiny and a bit of 4, but I would recommend the whole series based on the quality I've seen so far honestly.

Someone else said Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which I'm going to double down on, the characters are written so well in that game. Fire Emblem: Engage has a good few romance options as well, but I feel like the romances aren't as fleshed out in that one. These games are only available on Nintendo Switch, though.

I feel like this one may be stating the obvious with how much it blew up in popularity, but the romances in Baldur's Gate 3 really have my heart. They put a lot of effort into making the romances feel real, and they're still adding updates and patches with new kissing animations and new interactions and things like that. :heartsmile:

I also have... a LOT of otomes that I could recommend, if you like visual novels and that sort of thing, but I'll keep those out of this list for brevity's sake. I'm a HUGE romance fanatic, whether it's in writing, games, or shows, and if I find out a game has romance in it it makes me WAY more likely to buy it, lmao. I just can't help wanting to date all the fictional characters.
Lovely recommendations! I have a lot of these on my wishlist already. I'm also a huge romance fan, I can't help it. Just makes me heart happy >:D I've heard Tales of Arise has some romance feels in it, just from what you spoke of here I thought that might catch your interest too! Or maybe people just ship the two mains... who knows XD I have yet to play it!

I just can't help wanting to date all the fictional characters.

DITTO, that resonated with me lol!

• Love
Reactions: Starish
Final Fantasy X. I ❤️ Tidus and Yuna. That one stood out to me the most. That ending...
I have no problem with the main ship, but I was a jerk and made sure Lulu came out instead whenever I used Blitz Ace.

• Love
Stardew valley is an all time fav, I love all the choices, the heart events, the personalized rooms, it's a game I come back to all the time

• Bucket of Rainbows
Rune Factory 3. It's basically Harvest Moon in a fantasy setting, except you're a cute little sheep boy (or girl, with the magic of hacking) that punches dragons and has to get the local racist village elder to chill out. This is the first game in the series that seemed to focus on having a story out of the gate, but it's also a bit silly in terms of the characters. The romance in this game is integrated into the story, and I guess the same could be said about the second game, but this one was where the series started to shine.

The other RF games didn't really grab me like 3 did. 1 has a very bare bones story element and not much in the way of romance. 2 has some potential, but I didn't play very far into it. 4 was where the series let you be a girl (though I guess Tides of Destiny did too) and 5 was where you could be bi. But you don't get to marry the dragon in 4, or the single mother in 5, or the cute blonde boy that gives you chocolate in 3. Or the redhead that gets into an argument with the preacher about whether god is real in his introductory scene in 2. Or the very nice boy with long hair in the first-

Oh wait, there's a good reason Ivan isn't on the menu. Anyway!

Hm. Boyfriend Dungeon was already mentioned, Warband has a romance element but not a good one... I'm not sure PMD: Sky Explorers counts.

Oh right!

I think the title pretty much says everything you need to know about it.