What are your discomfort movies?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

MiharuAya

Memento Mori
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
My timezone is PST
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
Genres
Homosexual, Romance, Fantasy, Scifi, Magic, Vampire, Werewolf, Supernatural, Angels/Demons, Superhero, Zombies
A discomfort movie is a movie that you saw once and were like "Okay, that's enough of that. I saw it and don't ever need to see it again". What movies made you feel this way?

Hmmmm.. I can think of two movies that have ever made me feel this way: Full Metal Jacket and 10 Cloverfield Lane. The former for its approach to mental health and the latter.... I'm not sure why I don't care for it. Defo made me uncomfortable, but I can't say how. I'm no stranger to thrillers or horror movies and there was nothing about this one that I would describe as scary.

Reactions: MiharuAya
Napoleon Dynamite. Watched it in theatres with a friend and my ex and absolutely hated it! Still hate it

There's a horror movie called Oculus that really got to me in the way the mirror was manipulating character's perceptions and leading them to do things. It's actually a very effective movie and I recommend it, it was just too effective and actually gave me willies.

District 9.
Sausage Party.
Tusk.
Goodnight Mommy (2014).

To name, uh, a few.

The Room
Samurai Cop 2
Blair Witch Project
Jason X

Hmm. Depends. If I never want to watch it again, then definitely food fight. That movie was a shit show and a half. But, a movie that's so bad it's funny? Def sausage party. It's so fucking stupid I love it.

Knowing was a good movie, but at the end gave me such willies that it haunted me for weeks after I watched it.

Sausage Party on the other hand. >:[ My sister, her bf, and my brother all said it was SO FUNNY. But it actually made me furious that I had wasted part of my life putting that movie in my brain. It couldnt even cross over to Funny-Bad, it's writing was so garbage that all the offensive, vulgar and dark jokes didnt land.

I think I've blocked others out of my memory 😂

I'm sure there are more movies but Oldboy is the first one that comes to mind. Someone recommended we watch it and now I can't unwatch.

Any gore-y horror movie. I used to love watching horror movies with my sister in the basement of our parents' house. Turn off the lights, turn on the surround sound, scare ourselves witless. I would watch ANY horror movie that she picked out, but any slasher type films with a lot of gore... yeah once is enough. Too much realistic gore makes me uncomfortable and queasy.
I can write it well enough, read it just fine. But watching it? Yeah no thank you!

Gone with the Wind
I don't like Scarlett. -,-