What are you secretly very good at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
Everyone has talents, unique to their own person. Personally, I'm very good at research and solving mysteries. I used to look up unsolved murders and piece together what happened, though I'd never be able to completely solve it without the physical evidence. I've grown very good at looking at the very important small details of cases.

What are you good at?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
That's a tough one! If I have to think... I'm pretty good at searching things up in chats, emails, forums, that sort of thing. It sounds silly but I've had people who I don't even talk to ask for my help ^_^'

• Love
Reactions: Ottawa Koda
I am almost unbeatable in a match of Mario Sport Mix' dodgeball.

:c

Typing. I can type 100 words per minute as long as I know exactly what I want to type and I don't go back and fix my mistakes as I'm typing. I could probably go a bit faster if I'd file my nails down and got a new keyboard, but meh....

Apparently analysing art... Never had trouble with those essays it just comes to me.

Well I can play the piano but only by watching someone play. I play the violin with sheet music, but I can't read it for shit when I play the piano lmao. So I just have to listen and watch to be able to play something on the piano! It's kinda cool because I can pick up the more obscure pieces without having to search for the sheets 8)

I suppose, the talent to analyze someone and to know if it's a good person or not, i do that a lot in real life, i do that since i was little.. for some people, i can say "i place my trust without hesitation", for the other "hum..no.. forget about this person".

i don't know if dealing with issues is the cause, maybe..

Determining melodies and harmonies by ear. Chords, though? NOPE.AVI.

I can tango. And I'm damn good.

Word searches. I can solve more than a hundred them in approximately four days.

• Love
Oh! The above post reminds me...

I'm pretty good at sudoku! ^_^ It's my go to game when I want to feel smart.

- Visually identifying/naming dog and cat breeds when in person. Much better at dogs.
Seems silly, but there are many breeds between the two species.
I do find it tougher now compared to a few years ago. Mainly because mixed breeds are far more common.
What people once deemed "mutts" are now considered highly desirable "designer" breeds. Noticeably more so when it comes to dogs. As such tends to happen throughout history until said breeds are one day, many years from now bred with enough consistency, and called purebreds.

- Identifying movies/specific voices just by hearing a few words.
Either because I have actually seen the movie or have heard an actor/narrators voice enough times to know who they are
despite being in an entirely different room.

- Knowing which one of my dogs is outside of my door based on the sound of their footsteps in the hall.

- Falling asleep almost anywhere if my eyes are shut for more than a few seconds.

• Love
Reactions: Ottawa Koda
A talent for understanding others and putting myself in other people's shoes ^.^. Alway been the active listener type and can empathise with others.

On a more morbid note, years of having a morbid curiosity about deaths, serial killers, prison, psychology and sociology allowed me to not being shocked by much and being able to piece together why someone might have murdered someone else. Not always correct but usually very close.

Plus, the talent for understanding the morbid allows me to alway have something interesting to say. Even if it scares them away lol.

Sex.

No seriously.

My partners are consistently happy with me, the short Asian guy.

A terribly good memory. Perks of being Autistic is I remember just about anything trivial information wise. Because one day that fact I research and studied for several months on end will come up in a conversation.

But then the memory sometimes fails me, because I end up also remembering nonsensical shit. Like being able to quote memes out of nowhere because, lol. "Lemme smash plez"

I'd say my secret talent is I'm naturally good with animals. I just seem to get on really well, with them. I've even had abused dogs/cats be fine with me, within mere moments. At a small zoo/shelter they had this baby tiger, and while everyone around had the chance to pet it, the tiger actually crawled into my lap, and rolled over on me.

I suppose, the talent to analyze someone and to know if it's a good person or not, i do that a lot in real life, i do that since i was little.. for some people, i can say "i place my trust without hesitation", for the other "hum..no.. forget about this person".

i don't know if dealing with issues is the cause, maybe..
I can actually do much the same for as long as I can remember, though it doesn't work with family or people I've known for a long time... Still, gave me a leeway into my PSYC major.

I can also clap with one hand so I'm basically a magician (ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚'★,。・:*:・゚'☆

My secret talent that I am good at it is recognizing people. This may sound weird, but I only need to encounter a person once and can remember them based on their eye color, or their hair color, or style, or beard length or facial features. I may not even know your name- but I will always remember a face unless it has been a long time.

Also, secondly.... I am a great vent-boarding. I often allow people to vent off of me and to talk out their problems. I try to be impartial and often try to cheer that. Also, I can do a pretty mean Scooby doo impression, that's about it.

• Love
Sudoku was one of the things I did do pretty well. I play it on my phone at high difficulty when I'm bored. XD

On a weirder note I can tell when people are like coming to the house even when they don't announce it. I can hear the sounds of people opening the second gate so I know when someone is coming before I see them. For vehicles I hear them when they're still on the street in the subdivision neighborhood before they even go past the two gates.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.