What are you secretly very good at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Procrastination

Jk Despite my hatred for anything mathematics related, I'm decent at it somehow o-o

I can cook...ish. I mean, I'm not like Gordon Ramsay level, but I can cook shit pretty week

As far as talents go, singing. I've never been professionally trained, but i have an intense range and apparently perfect pitch (according to my aunt, who is a pro vocal coach... But also crazy...so...)

Cooking is also up there. Currently working my way through Julia Child's book.

As far as stupid humam tricks? I can turn my feet backwards.......?

Oh! The above post reminds me...

I'm pretty good at sudoku! ^_^ It's my go to game when I want to feel smart.

Lol this is me... Except when I play alongside my irritatingly smart brother.

Mediation, for some reason people in real life are always surprised how good I'm at mediating. When my course-mates and I had to attend some mediation training the professor there liked to use me as some sort of standard in test assessments of how it should be done. xD

I'm also surprisingly good at unihockey. The only sport in which people actually want me on the team and not for the defence lines either!

I have insanely fast reflexes, but only when I feel endangered somehow. So they don't help much when I knock something over or when I'm playing a fast-reflex card game or whatever, but if I feel like I or somebody near me is in danger, well...My fight or flight reflex activates very quickly o.o

I'm also surprisingly good at analytical and detail-oriented thinking.

It is my belief that I am a good actor. Wow! Isn't that a surprise? Considering I write from character's perspectives ALL THE TIME. I just finished a little show that I was in and I got praised for my ability to make people laugh~

I mean, the only other thing I'm good at is picking out people's real genders when they speak online~ XD (This isn't super relevant, but there's a lot of people that find it difficult to discern sometimes~)

Reactions: Hana
I'd say keeping my anger under control so I don't commit man slaughter is a good skill of mine. On my co workers of course

I also apparently make good fish dinners

I have insanely fast reflexes, but only when I feel endangered somehow. So they don't help much when I knock something over or when I'm playing a fast-reflex card game or whatever, but if I feel like I or somebody near me is in danger, well...My fight or flight reflex activates very quickly o.o

I'm also surprisingly good at analytical and detail-oriented thinking.
Hah, I have something with similarities to yours.

Put simply, you can't jumpscare me. My family tries to jumpscare me on occasion and I always walk by without batting an eyelid, wondering what the hell they were trying to do. Then I realise, oh wait, they were trying to scare me. That makes much more sense. Thing is, when I am provoked to react, I don't jump away in shock but almost end up punching or kicking them. Apparently, I have aggressive reflexes.

Mimicking accents is also one thing I can do easily. I can't always remember what certain accents are like but if I hear someone use that accent, I can copy pretty well! Several, and I mean several, French teachers, in the first French course I ever took in my entire life, asked me if I took French courses before or learnt French at some point in my life. I was that good at copying what they said!

The only problem I have is mimicking the Spanish accent. Maybe I just haven't heard it enough but I find it's nuances hard to grasp!

Reactions: Joan
I just remembered a few more things that I'm good at. The main one is:

Creating metaphors. I can create metaphors unseen and unheard ever before out of thin air. I love using metaphors. They are a joy to create and entertaining to use.

I'm also somewhat good at getting the gist of situations, debates, arguments and such as well as understanding the general mindset of the parties involved.

Very surprisingly, even to me, this, combined with my metaphors, allows me to be an unrelenting hammer of an opponent in a debate or argument, especially the ones that I'm passionate about and understand well. As long as the other person is using logic, of course. Hint hint, not my siblings.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie and Joan
Hm....not good at a lot but here goes...

Making acrylic necklaces has been going pretty well. I can type 100 wpm, am decent with computer skills, can sing, having had 15 years of choir, though I usually spend my time writing horror/ fiction novels. I'm good at word searches, annnd I guess I'm getting Better at cooking.....yay?

Reactions: Adaon ril'Morgerard
Does being able to entertain four children of varying ages at the same time count as a talent? No? Hmm

Well I can sing, and have won a few contests (They were very small don't be too impressed). I am a good baker and make most of the birthday cakes anyone in the family wants. I can sew about anything even without a pattern.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
I grew up horrible at Math. Sometime after school, I don't know if how my mind processed things differently or what, but I found that i'm able to add/subtract/divide/multiply numbers really quickly. I don't know why, but it's so unnatural that only a few friends know, mainly ones that ask math questions and I answer it stupidly quick. They'll be like "When did you get so good at math?" and i'm like "I literally have no idea o.o"

*pulls 3DS out of pocket*

*opens Pokemon X*

*places 3DS on the table and opens it in the direction of the audience, revealing a fully completed pokedex*

*holds up a finger, gesturing to indicate that there's more*

*opens Pokemon Go*

*scrolls through the Kanto section of the pokedex, revealing that it is nearly complete. Not counting legendaries and region-exclusives, there are only 4 species missing*

...Oh! I almost forgot.

*picks 3DS up off the table*

*opens Pokemon Blue on Virtual Console*

*reveals another fully-completed pokedex*

Trust me -- with the exception of Mew, I didn't use any glitches to achieve that last one. I know that's hard to believe, coming from me, but...

I can sorta identify languages I hear even if I can't speak them. Same goes for writing I can't truly read... sorta.

I'm also sorta good at accents. Not stupid shit like a "british" accent or whatever, I mean like, when I say a word in another language, with a little practice I can get the accent down pat. Was pretty good at it in spanish before I didn't do my work and flunked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.