What are you hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matti struggled to pay attention in class. She felt cooped up, like she needed to get her energy out. Her mind wandered and she spaced out until the bell ring her fingers absent mindedly drumming a beat out in her desk.

When the bell finally rang Matti was one of the first out of class. Finally! P.E class! The middle schooler ran to the locker room she opened her locker and at first pulled out a set of shorts before remembering the bruising. Sighing she threw the shorts back in and grabbed a set of oversized sweat pants from a many schools ago when her step-brothers had been in elementary school. She went and changed in a bathroom stall so now would see her. She didn't have enough shirts here to switch it out so she just changed her pants and headed to gym.

Matti entered the gym. They'd recently been self defense for PE courtesy of the gym teacher who also taught MMA and self defense and the community center in the evenings and on weekends. It's taken him forever to be allowed to do this class and he was very into it.

Matti stood on the side lines with the other kids waiting to be told what to do. She loved fighting and such, but knew this could be very painful physically for her and had to steal herself for whatever the class was going to bring.

Their whole gang only shared PE and lunch. Other than that they were split up throughout the day and never had a chance to meet up except for those two periods.

Aaron opened his locker, grabbed his uniform for P.E., and slammed his locker shut. He chuckled a bit, because loud noises were fun and it released some of his stress. Immature kid.
Aaron raced inside of the changing room and exchanged his regular shirt and pants for his gym shirt and black shorts. Even though it looked stupid, he tied his hair back in a small ponytail to keep his hair from blocking his view. Aaron's hair was sort of long. He needed to cut it.
Aaron jumped in the gym activity right beside Matti. It seemed as if they were practicing the most simplest of things - punching. (if i recall from my classes -not self defense-) He put his fists at his side and quickly extended them out while rotating his fists. They'd said this was most effective for a reason Aaron didn't know.

"So how was Math?" Aaron asked, trying to spark up a conversation. "I put a check mark beside my name on the roster since the class was outside and the teacher forgot his clipboard. We're examining a snail for some reason. No homework. What do we do in Math?"

Matti shrugged. She was holding a pad for Jack to punch.

"Open hands, Mr. Frost. You only close them into a fist right before you punch. This is so of someone sees the fight they know who the aggressor is.
Put your hands up, protect your face and chest. "
the gym teacher told him showing him how to stand. "Three more reps and switch places. Miss Russo needs to punch too." He added as he moved on.

"Didn't really pay attention to math class." Matti admited. "I think we're still on figuring out perimeters though." She added.

Matti handed Jack the pad and started to punch. She'd never taken any wrestling or fighting class, but she'd always been good at fighting. Two older step-brothers and always hanging out around boy helped of course, but she seemed to have more natural talent at fighting than any other sport.

Dorian and Brock were paired up a couple people down to the left from Matti and Jack. Brody and Sam were paired up right next to them on the right.

The girls from Homeroom were also here. Matti could hear them giggling from where the were directly to their left. She avoided looking at them though it was hard. They were all in bright colorful track suits.

(Sorry I have not posted yet! My schedule was and still is wacky and packed.)
Following the gym teacher's instructions, he saw the impact was much better than his ways of doing it. Cool. Aaron did four more reps instead of three, then grabbed the pad and let Matti punch it.
"Perimeters?" Aaron asked. "I'm not good at that. Adding a lot of stuff isn't cool with me."
Aaron sighed, a little discouraged. Well, they'd better have something good going on in other classes!
"Hey, wanna move closer to the gang?" Aaron asked. Brock was signaling to inch over there, but the pair with Brody and Sam were closer.
"Oh, are you free this afternoon? I feel like planning a prank. Maybe prank those girls over there." He pointed to the ones with brightly colored track suits. "I'll make sure nobody sees us."

"Dorian and Brock can come down here." Matti stated. It seemed like the best option since it would require moving less people.

Matti punched the pad, she was actually a pretty good fighter though she had never even thought of using her skills against her step father. Having two much older step brothers and always hanging out around boys made her skills almost a nessecity.

Matti heard Jack sound discouraged at perimeters. She wasn't sure why, he seemed to pass everything...all the tests and such at least. She barely kept her grades out of the toilet most of the time. She didn't judge him though. Maybe perimeters was his rough spot.

The middle schooler punched the bag hard. She thought for a few moments. Was she free? She knew soccer practice was starting up today, but wasn't sure how long it'd be.

Matti loved doing sports. She'd wanted to do hockey over the winter but had had the equipment for field or ice. She'd also wanted to do softball or baseball but her stepfather said no becaise again they'd have to get some equipment. She had some hand ma downs from her step brothers but she's still need some stuff.

Finally she'd been able to settle on soccer. She had a pair of cleats already that her uncle had brought for her at a second hand store. She wasn't being goalie so she didn't need gloves and she had Max's shin gaurds from when he played soccer. The team had fun raised over the holidays to get uniforms for those who couldn't afford them like Matti so that was taken care of.

"I have soccer after school. I think it's done at 4:30...though I'll probably miss most of it cause I have detention. " Matti said adding the last part sulkily. She'd just gotten on the team and was going to miss there first practice because of stupid detention.

Jack shrugged as he focused on keeping his balance while Matti punched. She seemed to be focused on fighting right now. He guessed that was her forte. When Matti threw her last punch in, he was pushed back a little, and he almost fell backwards if it weren't for Brock who pushed him back on his feet.
"Yeah, thanks Brock. You da man." Aaron gave a slight smile to Brock, who smiled back.
"Too weak to stand up fo' yourself?" Brock asked, obviously referencing when Matti pushed Aaron back with that last strong punch. Aaron had to admit, he was a little weak.
"No! I... just wasn't ready..."
"Of course man, I believe you. Not." Brock started laughing uncontrollably. Aaron's face got a little red, and punched him in the arm. Yelling out in pain, the teacher decided to give him a Morning Detention and an essay to on why you shouldn't hit people in school. It was due tomorrow.
Aaron wanted to swear, and explain why he'd done that, but the teacher was stubborn as ever. With a long sigh, he went back to talking with Matti.
"Aw, that's too bad. I'll cancel my plans then, maybe we can go prank 'em another time." Then he gave an evil smirk. "Or I could go sneak into detention with you and prank that teacher."
Aaron really wasn't interested in soccer. All you had to do was run and kick a ball. That was just like cross-country, but without a ball and a pair of goals. However, it was a sport - and they always caught his attention. He wanted to try then all at least once - except for games like chess - and maybe find what he enjoyed doing besides football.

Then, the bell rang. The children flooded out to their next class except for maybe a few kids here and there. Lunch was next, and everyone liked the idea of eating something. Today was chicken nuggets day, they were probably rushing out to buy some extras.
"We'd better go before all the food runs out. As for soccer, I can attend and tell you about what you missed, is that alright?"

Matti thought about. Planking the teacher sounded fun, but anything that happened at school her father would find out about. She would already be in enough trouble for being in detention...and if Mr. Bermudez had reached out to her parents about special classes she'd be in even deeper trouble. Matti knew she was already in for a beating and wasn't sure she wanted to add to that list.

"Naw...I'll meet ya at the fort after detention and what's left of soccer. It'll only be 4:30...4:45 at the latest when I'm done. " Matti decided.

"We could all bring a Chef Boyardee can for dinner and stay out late." She suggested. They'd done that a lot during winter break brought a canned food to heat up in their fire and planned pranks or other stuff all night.

Matti ran to the girls locker room and changes quickly when the bell rang before rejoining her friends in the lunch line rush.

"You don't even like soccer...first practice is just a bunch of exercising anyway I think. " Matti added as she elbowed her way to a good place in line. She glanced back at the rest of the crew getting into line. They'd managed to get pretty neat the front so they'd hopefully get chicken nuggets.

Matti got to the front of the line and handed her lunch pass in. It was slid...then slid again...then slid one more time.

"You don't have money on this. You can get a sandwich and a drink unless you have cash. " the lunch lady said.

Matti shook her head. She didn't know that her stepfather had barely put any money on her pass. She took the useless card back and was handed a paper bag with a sandwich and a juice bottle. This day really sucked. Matti slumped down at a table and started to unwrap her lunch.

(Wow, this is so different from my school and lifestyle. Oh well, let's learn!)

Aaron could swear someone was staring at him through an opening or crack in the changing rooms, or it was just someone weirdo in gym class. Maybe he was just delusional. Once he was done, he walked out and found some girl named Zayla peeking through the cracks of the door. Aaron was disgusted and quite scared. He reached out a shaky hand and poked her on the shoulder. When she looked up, she jumped and screamed. Two boys ran out of the door, hoping to see what had happened, but Zayla had already left.
"Ooh, Jack, pickin' up the ladies, now aren't ya?" the first boy asked.
"No, sure as heck not."
"But who just screamed, it wasn't you, was it?" the second boy inquired.
"No! I ain't some girl! She was peekin' in on us and I happened to catch her!"
"Haha, sure. I don't have any reason not to suspect you of messin' with her, but I'll believe you anyways!"
Aaron scoffed before walking up to the lunch room. He was a few people behind Matti, who managed to cut those starving people to get her food before them. He wasn't in the mood right now, he was more worried about that stalker girl and those two boys that might have went and make up some farce to tell on him.
He swiped his card, got his food and took a seat across from Matti.

"I know I really don't like soccer, but I'd still go listen for you. Besides, I can go steal my mum's camera, record, and whalla!" He tried to sound energetic, but his mood soon feel once again. "Man, people like makin' me mad today. I found some girl spying on us! Out of all W nerds, this girl seems to be the weirdest I've met!"
Aaron stuffed a chick nugget in his mouth, trying to comfort himself with food that was actually good for once.

(My school cooks potatoes with dinky holes in it, flimsy fries, and these disgusting juice boxes that count as fruit - and are the only choices of fruit. Then they make unhealthy salads and pizza on the other side.)

Matti sulkily ate her sandwich. The school policy was you got one free-bee. If you showed up without money once you'd get a sandwich and a drink. The second time you didn't get anything. She'd have to bring something from now on if she wanted to eat at school.

The sandwich was pretty bad. The grape jelly was grainy it had so much sugar in it and the peanut butter tasted weird...like it's been stored it one of the boys gym bags until it needed to be used. Matti ate it though. Her normal chipper mood was dampened by Literature and was pretty much killed when she got detention and not even a good lunch. She could've probably brought something better from home.

"That's creepy." Matti commented about the girl. Matti didn't really have romantic feelings yet. She hated the idea of physical affection and spying on anyone getting dressed seemed like freaky behavior to her.

"If you want to you can record it." She said after swallowing a mouthful of peanut butter. It was super sticky and she had to drink some juice to get it down all the way.

(A) that lunch sounds gross
B) we can skip whenever you want to May)

(I'll let you decide on that. :) )

"Alright, will do." Aaron responded.

Aaron looked across to the lunch line. Apparently some kid was arguing that this was his first charge, but someone else remembers different. They were holding up the line, and the gang was anxiously waiting for their food. So much so, they looked like they would claw that kid up to make the line go faster. Aaron would, since next period was about to come.
Once the rest of the gang got to their table, they ate as fast as they could.
"Wow. You all are pretty fast. Well, better hurry or else you'll be given a tardy and have to stay after school. Hehe."
Hearing that, some of the group slowed down while others sped up.

(brrrr the bell rings, im gonna skip math because, well, yeah)

Math was horrible. Aaron was called on a few times, thinking he knew the answers, but he totally bombed it and failed. A few kids were laughing at him because he couldn't do simple things like adding 3 or more sides up for perimeter. His brain was mush when he walked out, and could barely comprehend anything in wood shop when he got there.
"You understanding any of this?" he whispered to Matti, hoping the teacher wasn't looking.

(I'll skip)

It was the end of May. Matti was miserable and sweaty as she started to leave school. She was wearing a camo long sleeved Henley shirt and a pair of carpenter jeans. Around her waist was a peice of paracord tied in a knot to keep her pants up.

Matti had lost weight since winter. Her behavior had also declined. She was stressed out most of the time and was spending more and more time in detention or at home for migraines or 'migraines'. She'd gotten thrown off the soccer team for missing too many practices and was forced into some special education classes. She'd also turned 11, but hadn't announced it because she's been home on her birthday.

Matti wiped the sweat off her face. She started towards her house to pick up her skates and hockey stick. Dorian had to watch his little siblings today so they had to be at his house. They would probably play street hockey or something like that. Normally they'd mess around in the woods near the river, but probably not with the little siblings. Maybe they would though.

Matti slipped into her house which was even hotter. Their AC didn't work and they only had a couple fans. The middle schooler dumped her backpack out on her bed and shoved her skates into it. She paused for a few moments and then shrugged and slung the bag on and grabbed her stick before sneaking out of the house again.

Matti didn't feel like running...it was way to hot out even though it was only 70s put, but the wind wasn't blowing and it was slightly humid. She trudged towards Dorian's street staring at the ground in a less then happy manner.

It almost felt as if time went past at the speed of light (literally, it did.).
Aaron was slowly anchoring down the bomb on his grades, since they were slowly declining into D's and F's. Occasionally, when his mom yelled at him to get his grades up, he did for about a month or so before retiring to his old habit. Another change was that Sam had been coming over a lot recently, which caught some of the group off guard. Also, Aaron gained some more weight. That wasn't because he was fat, his muscles were developing. He still looked skinny, though.
Aaron decided to take a half-hour minute jog before returning home. He put a bag over his head so nobody could tell who he was - running wildly around the town. He was sweating buckets when he got home.
That's right, he forgot to tell his mother about the jog.

(argument over something stupid, dont mind this waste of space)
[spoili]"Aaron? Where were you? I was just about to call the cops!" Aaron's mother (Elise) cried.
Aaron averted his eyes away from her. He hated her sympathy for some reason. Maybe because she wouldn't let him do anything on his own. "Nowhere."
"You must've gone somewhere, because you didn't come home in the last twenty minutes."
"Practice." Aaron murmured.
"Don't lie to me boy!"
"Why does it matter to you? Fine, I been joggin' around the town! Are you 'fraid I can't handle myself?"
"Yes! Someone could have abducted you!"
"Then I would've kicked them in the nuts if that happened. Poked their eyes, punch 'em in the gut, jab their gut, kick their shin, or grab the nearest thing I could fi--"
"That's what everyone says, Aaron, but look at the missing people list." Elise grabbed the newspaper from the counter, and shoved it right in his face. Aaron slammed it down onto the floor. "I'm telling you, you need to check in with me!"
"Shut up. Too overprotective. I can do things by myself, y'know. Besides, I ain't your kid. "[/spoili]
It was a pointless argument, Aaron knew that. However, he needed to learn how to do things by himself, and not be aided by anyone else. He didn't want to become a mama's boy when he grew up to be a teen. Aaron turned around, stomped up the stairs and stood right outside of his room. Taking a deep breath, he felt relaxed. Now nobody could see him, except for his dear sister.

(pointless conversation between bro and sis)
[spoili]Aaron knocked on his door. It felt a little weird knocking on his own door, since his little sister wasn't usually in there. Opening the door, he put on an honest smile.
"Hey! How're you doing, Sadie?"
"Halt!" Sadie demanded from the middle of the room. She stood up and walked over to the bed and sat down cross-legged. "I am your Queen!"
Aaron chuckled, then bowed. "Yes, M'lady. What am I, your humble servant, to do for you?"
"You should.... you... should come inside! Sit by me!" Sadie bounced on the bed, her energy seemingly spilling out of her.
"Yes, my Queen."

"So what were you and mum talking about? Why were you gone so long?" Sadie asked.
If you haven't noticed from that, Sadie is Aaron's little half-sister. Aaron didn't want Sadie to be alone, nor could he feel any negative feelings towards kids like her, so he decided to befriend her (for his own sanity).
"I... was jogging." Aaron replied.
"Jogging? Whassat?" Sadie looked up, with gleaming eyes.
"Aha... You know what running looks like? And walking? It's sorta in the middle of those two."
"Ooh! I wanna try it some time! Hey, when's Sam coming over? I wanna mess with his hair!"
"Soon. Soon, I tell ya."[/spoili]

(do de do de do, Sam's tiptoeing to Aaron's house with a plastic bag over his head, not wanting to be seen.... do de do de do..)

Matti finally got to Dorian's house, he was sitting out front with his younger siblings. His younger siblings were playing with each other while Dorian was putting his rollerblades on. Zach, Dorian's brother who was two years younger than Dorian was also putting rollerblades on too play. Brody and Brock were already there on their rollerblades they'd set up the goals with four old tin cans and some other kids were gathering to play in the game also.

Matti sat down on the side walk and yanked her skates out of her bag. They were Travis's old rollerblades and were pretty beat up. The wheels didn't always run smoothly and they were slightly big on. She didn't mind though she just tied them tightly and stood up rolling over too Dorian,

"Sam and Jack not here yet?" she asked. Dorian shook his head,

"Naw, not yet. Saw Jack jogging around after school so he might be later...dunno about Sam though." Dorian said standing up.

"Yo! Lets get this game started!" Brody yelled, "Jack and Sam can join when they get here." he added. They split up, Dorian was one team captains and Brock was the other one. They picked teams, Matti was on Dorians and started the game.

A knock at the door alarmed the young girl and boy. Sadie was bustling with excitement, jumped off the bed and flew out of the room. "Yipee! Must be Sam!"
Aaron nodded vigorusly. "Yep, although, we wont be here for long. We'll come back, though."
"You won't? We're are you going to?"
"Roller skating with my friends."
"You have fri--" Sadie quickly covered her mouth, because Aaron would probably be angry if she'd said that. Surprisingly, he'd never gotten anger in front of her. "Alright, see you two soon!"

Aaron grabbed two pairs of skates and managed to slip past his grieving mother and out the door. He almost ran into Sam in the process.
"Take that bag off your head, you'll suffocate." Aaron commanded. He grinned at the boy before handing one pair of skates to him. "Here you go, hope they fit."
"Thanks..." Sam replied, smiling. "Say, why are you so nice to me?"
"I don't know myself. You probably seemed lonely or something." Aaron shrugged his shoulders. Sam decided to shush so he didn't make his 'friend' mad.

The two were quiet until they reached the meeting place. Sam managed to hear someone starting the game, so he told Aaron quick.

"Wait! We're here! Let us play too!" Aaron screamed the first part, sounding like a full fledged girl.

"Sam, you're on my team. Jack you're on Dorian's." Brock shouted. They'd just started to line up for the first game. Brock and Dorian were ready in the middle to fight for possession of the ball. Everybody else had taken their positions.

Matti was on offense and was ready to go. She'd had an awful year so far and wanted to burn some steam off. None of the kids wore any protective gear. Most of them probably didn't own any. The goals were two kiddie soccer nets from someone's yard. Matti tapped her stick on the pavement,

"Hurry up, slow pokes!" she yelled at Jack and Sam. She didn't even notice they'd managed to show up together...again. She didn't care either, what they did when they weren't hanging out was none of her business. She didn't pry into their lives and they would show her the same respect hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
(ha, nope. - to the last line)

"I'm comin', I'm comin'!" Aaron groaned. He shoved Sam to the other side before dragging himself to his side. Aaron managed to find a fairly large stick on the corner over there, and came back with a smug look on his face. "Bring it on! We're gonna win, right Dorian, Matti?" He gave them both a thumbs up before turning back to the defensive team. Instead, he threw them a thumbs down with a smile on his face.
In actuality, Aaron wasn't very confident at all. This was almost like soccer, except instead of using your feet, you're using a stick that you borrowed from the neighbor's yard.

(Sharing Sam, I don't know how we'll do this.)

Matti skated back and forth as they played. She was being very aggressive even for her and would slam into people and was going a lot harder than normal. She didn't score any goals, but played pretty well.
It was the end of the third game. Their team had won the last two games and were going for a perfect streak. Sam had the ball and was heading for the goal. Matti moved quickly and slammed hard into the boy sending him sprawling across the road as he was falling he grabbed her trying not too fall and pulled her down with him. They both sprawled across the road scraping their skin and ripping their clothes up.

Sam shook his head stunned a bit. The game had finished, Brody had gotten the winning shot for his brother's team in.
Sam rubbed his head and stood up.
He didn't get why Matti was going that hard. She seemed absolutely ticked off for some reason. She'd had that air about her for a while now though. Her happy spirit was showing less.

Matti stood up and looked at her clothes. Her pants and shirt were ripped which showed some bruises. She'd also gotten scrapped up falling.

Aaron was pretty calm during this game. It wasn't like football, where everything depended on your score. It was a game for fun.

He'd managed to make a few passes here and there, but not any goals. He passed it to several people that made the final play and scored a goal, mainly Brody. Matti wasn't always where she needed to be, or was she?

Well, through the game, he realized his accuracy was getting better. Now he could confront his football captian and show him his newly acquired skills.

Aaron was suppressing the urge to go see if they were alright. The Aaron the group knew didn't care about most people and their feelings except those who were really close to him. The group hadn't even seen him with his sister yet, and he wasn't planning to!

He walked up to Matti and held his hand up for a high five. "Nice! Couldn't have won without you and Brody. You okay?" He shot Sam a look, seemingly asking the same thing. Sam probably understood some of it, and nodded slightly.

"Who wants to go another round, or are we all tired from that?" Aaron inquired, with a half-smile on his face. "Yeah, if we're too tired and scraped up for another round, we could always go prankin' those snob girls or play something even more exciting. We could play football... or better yet..." Aaron glanced at Matti for a second. "...soccer."

(I'll slap my schedule in the face! I will! I will, I will, I will! This is getting frustrating!
I also hate Hon. Geometry, it's holding me up every night.
pls help me with math)

Matti high-fived Jack, but flipped him off when he suggested soccer. He knew she'd been thrown off the soccer team, maybe he was trying to make her feel better about it, but she didn't feel happy about. Matti's behavior had been a lot less nice and friendly lately. When she first came here flipping someone off would've seemed against her nature, but her behavior was slowly deteriorating since she'd gotten here.
Her step-father blamed it on her friends she blamed it on her home life getting worse.

"My brother gets home in like an hour we can do another game and then go swimming when he gets home." Dorian suggested. Dorian honestly didn't want to have to watch his siblings while he was swimming which is why he was waiting for his brother to come home.

"What about we get some water and then play another game?" Brody suggested,

"Yeah and after Dorian's big bro comes home we'll go swimming out back." Brock added.

"Yeah, sounds good." Matti said brushing herself off and picking her hockey stick up. It was busted up pretty badly now. It was cracking a lot, she'd need to apply more duck tape when she got home tonight.

Aaron was shocked when Matti had flipped him off. He was infected with anger, but managed to find his antidote when he realized something he should have remembered earlier. Oh right, Matti was kicked off the team! She'd been in the dumps for a while, and he didn't know why he didn't remember at all. He calmed down a bit, gave her a half-smile and backed up an inch or two. "Sorry, I forgot about it. Calm yourself." He was actually going to say something vulgar, but he didn't want Matti beating up on him.

"Alright, what game you want to play? We could play Capture the Flag, or Ninja Destruction, maybe (bin/dodge)ball. Gah, I'm running low on ideas. I don't care."

He was hoping these games were to the groups liking, because all of them were competitive and cruel (capture the flag - lets tackle them!. Ninja destruction - lets aim for the eyeball! -bin/dodge-ball - let's aim for the neck!). It'd certainly get his stress out as well as the lingering anger from Matti flipping him off.

Aaron could barely swim. It wasn't his strong suite, but it was when he was younger. When he was younger, he was on a swim team for the YMCA, and he'd even won with his group. Since then, he hasn't gone back and slowly his skill deteriorated. He wanted to avoid swimming at all costs, or else the rest of the group would see how lame he looked out there. Aaron didn't want to show that side of him.

Aaron leaned on the tree and crossed his arms. He wasn't too patient mainly because he started with a lot at the beginning of the week, and it slowly disappeared. It has nearly depleted now. "Well?"

Status
Not open for further replies.