Welcome to Poké-Vale (Pokémon Gijinka Slice of Life, See Inside for Details)

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
83d3bbf8f2bcc3881d7dac9d6b47114d.jpg

SCIENCE CHAT: WITH PROFESSOR PORYGON!

lady_porygon_by_a_la_dusugoo-d8kg901.png

Hello, and welcome to another episode of Science Chat! Today's lesson: A Brief History of the World! My name is Porygon Zed, and I'm a Pokémon Professor. You can call me "Professor Porygon", if you'd like!

When our world first began, there was a massive cosmic event which gave birth to the Legendaries. I'm sure you've heard of them before, but in short, the Legendaries were incredibly powerful beings which possess unique control over specific parts of our reality! For instance, Dialga, the Temporal Pokémon, controls the flow of time, while Zapdos, the Electric Pokémon, controls the naturally occurring force of Thunder.

The Legendaries created our world and everything within it, right now to our ancient ancestors which can still be found in the wild, or perhaps in your hometown today; Pokémon! Although our-not-so-distant cousins have since lost many of their abilities, they were, at one time, quite powerful. Each type of Pokémon was unique and together, they lived in harmony with the Legendaries!

Then, one day, our early ancestors found what is now known as "The Prime Stone". If you look around you, you can see just how how "Prime" it's effects were! When they touched the stone, it forced a change in those Pokémon that evolved them from simple beasts into humanoid figures! Since then, the term "Poké-People" has been used to describe our unique species ever since!

While no-one is quite sure where the Prime Stone came from originally, it is theorized that the Legendaries created the Stone as a means for all of us to follow in their footsteps and ascend to a new level of evolution!

Since that day, our people have worked hard to build a society all our own while also co-existing with our unevolved animal cousins.

Well, that concludes today's history lesson. Cheers for now, Science Pals!

-------​

Welcome to the world of Poké-Vale; a world where Pokémon and their humanoid counterparts, the Poké-People (Gijinkas), co-exist!

As mentioned above, the Pokémon of this world behave more like conventional animals; they possess very few of the abilities we know they have as a direct result of an event known as 'the Evo-Wave'; when the "Prime Stone" was first discovered, the Pokémon who dug it up touched it, which caused a shockwave of strange energy to course across the planet, changing some of the Pokémon it hit into Poké-People through a forced-evolution, while causing those who did not evolve to become more primitive/animal-esque. Many Poké-People still live with Pokémon in whatever way they see fit; keeping them as pets, using them for manual labor jobs, farming/breeding them, or even training them to fight against one another in friendly tournaments not unlike the Battle Leagues established all around Poké-Vale for Poké-People who wish to spar with one another.

Now, the Poké-People inhabit most of the planet and live in settlements all across the globe. Although many types of Poké-People like to live in communities together, depending on the climate/natural surroundings of the region, some settlements are built specifically for Poké-People of a specific type (ie. some Dark/Ground Types build incredible cave-dwellings, Fire/Ice/Grass/Water Types like to live in areas where their specific element is the most prevalent, Flying types like living in nesting communities high above the ground, etc).

Though each settlement is different, there are four common buildings often found somewhere within the settlement; a Battle League Gym (for those who wish to face off against one another in friendly battles, either between trained Pokémon or simply in a sparring match between two Poké-People), a Beauty Contest Festival Hall (for those who wish to play dress-up and show off their unique talents), an Adventurer's Guild (for those wishing to travel the unexplored regions of Poké-Vale in search of fortune and glory), and a Poké Center (a free-health clinic where first-aid is served with a smile and also contains a shop where useful items can be purchased).

In this story, we would be playing Poké-People living in "Glaucous Town", one of the original Poké-People settlements known world-wide for the delicious "Glaucous Grapes" that bloom every spring and it's proximity to the famous "Maya Lake", which is known for it's strange healing powers and crystal-clear blue waters.

In this town, we would be playing all manner of people - various townsfolk, members of the Adventurer's Guild, or even Trainers/Contestants (the title for people who enter contests in Poké-Vale) seeking to make a name for themselves. The overall aesthetic of the RP would be similar to something like "Harvest Moon meets Animal Crossing meets Pokémon" (a very quaint tale about the day-to-day activities of people living in a little town, with the fantastical elements of Pokémon thrown in and the possibility of expanding into a deeper storyline as time goes on).

Now, to quickly comment on something before I wrap this up; no, you won't be allowed to play Legendary Pokémon in this RP. I don't want to see anyone asking if they can play Legendary/Mythical (rare/event Pokémon, but not core legendaries) Pokémon, as they would tie into a larger plot I have planned down the road if the IC manages to make it there.

Anyways, if you have any questions/comments you'd like to throw my way, feel free to do so below, or to reserve the Gijinka you'd like to reserve for the RP (lets try to keep it to one character per Pokémon Gjinka so as to not make things confusing). We'll likely move onto the OoC when we have 5-6 (including myself) players attached to the RP and each of us will be allowed to play upwards of 2 characters.

As for myself, I'll be taking up the role of a Crobat Post-Man who dreams of becoming a Singer (despite not actually being a talented singer).

I'm interested in seeing where this goes. My character would be a Midday Lycanroc that breeds working-dog growlithes and houndours as well as pet Salandits.