Welcome to Hogwarts: Story By Little Miss Storm Cloud and Zarko Straadi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimue looked over her shoulder as Embry exited. She could burst into tears again at any--

"We're not afraid of Malfoy! What are you, his little guard dog?" Ron snapped. He took a step forward, but thought better of directly threatening to rough up a girl. "Hermione's gonna humiliate you this year!"

"Ron!" Hermione said sotto voce.

Nimue met Ron's belligerence with a level gaze. "I simply prefer to prevent unnecessary unpleasantness. Well. It looks like this compartment just opened up. Good day." With that, she turned around to face Embry, interposing herself between the Slytherin girl and the Trio, in hopes of preventing them from seeing Embry's tears. Harry and Hermione would probably hold their tongues, but Ron could not be counted on to refrain from being a git.

"Embry, would you like to see if we can find the refreshment cart?"

Embry nodded slowly. She would use this time to try and understand Nimue, and figure out her best way of getting her to fall for Draco and Draco to fall for her. "Yes, let's go," she said softly as they began to walk.

Embry felt tramatized, by what happened in thecompartent, though. All here stuff was still in there, so she would have to return soon enough to get it or rejoin Blaise and Draco.

"Nimue, why did you come after me?" She asked curiously. They had never really been friends, and Embry had been to jealous of her friendship with Draco to make an effort. So that left a question of why. Why would she follow her?

"Well...I don't like the way the boys were treating you, especially Draco. To tell you the truth, I only brought up Potter as a way to put Draco in mind of his own manifold failures. Unfortunately, he lacked the self-awareness to notice that he's not nearly as superior as he fancies himself to be," Nimue said. "I am sorry for causing you further upset when I had intended to do the opposite. I know you have not been fond of me in the past, but that doesn't mean I want to see Draco cause you pain over rumors that, if true, would earn his accolades were you a boy."

Should I show her? Nimue wondered. I suppose the Bayesian Conspiracy has to start somewhere...

Embry sighed,"I forget you do not share a common room with him. He knows they are true... and yes if I were of the opposite sex, I would be saluted for my achievements...," she said. She was emotional, and it truly effected what she said. "I-i wish he noticed me not for my admiration of the muggle world and my ability to spread my legs for any john or jane that asks me to... All I want is for him to notice me as a person, as a young lady who has had a crush on him since we were children. However, he never will... Especially since I have to make sure he ends up with a reputible girl of good breeding and a wealthy background..." Embry said as she rambled from her emotions.

She seemed so heartbroken in that moment, and she was. "I know you mean well, Nimue... I really do..." she said looking at the floor.

Reactions: Zarko Straadi
Nimue's mind whirled. By necessity, she'd had to become such a master at keeping her own emotions and vulnerabilities hidden away, that she had no earthly idea what to do when presented so openly with someone else's broken heart. Then there was what lay between the lines of Embry's comment about 'having to' match Draco to a 'reputable girl of good breeding and wealthy background.'

"Embry...it's alright..." Nimue said, tentatively reaching out to touch the girl on the shoulder. "...We will just have to find a way through this." A quick look around to check for eavesdroppers or other potential interference. "Given Draco's capacity for cruelty, it is not impossible that whoever ends up with him could be subject to a lifetime of abuse. You may be lucky. Now, it seems to me that we have two choices: find ways to steer him toward growing out of his present maliciousness and toward returning your affections; or steer him toward one of the meaner Slytherin girls while insulating ourselves from him and making romantic arrangements more likely to affect our long-term happiness. Either way, it will be necessary for us to conspire, so I will endeavor to make arrange--"

*BAMF!*

"Mistress, the train will be reaching Hogwarts soon," Saklas said, his sharp features pinching into a scowl directed toward Embry. "It is time for you to change into your robes."

"I am over here," Nimue said coolly, drawing his gaze back to her. "Thank you. If you could please fetch me my robes, I will change immediately."

"Mistress, there's no need for you to queue up at a loo to change like a Muggle. Arms out please." Nimue repressed a sigh and an eye-roll, and stretched her arms out to her sides. With a snap of his fingers and a sparkle of magic, Nimue was in her school robes. Saklas fussed over her for a moment, making sure every fold of cloth fell just right. "You know, you really should take more care to associate with people of quality, Mistress."

"Saklas, when I want your opinion on whom I may or may not associate with, I will ask for it. Have you attended to Domitian yet?"

"No, Mistress," Saklas said, ears sagging.

"Best not keep him waiting then. I'm sure you'll find his associates more to your liking." The House Elf's eyes bulged, and his ears drooped all the way down. "You have my permission not to let them use you as a Bludger this time." Saklas gave a feeble nod, then teleported away.

"Sorry," she said to Embry.

Status
Not open for further replies.