Was I A Fool to Let You Break Down My Walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vei_li_os

٩꒰。•‿•。꒱۶
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Agender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. Primarily Nonbinary
Genres
genre(s): general, fantasy (high or low, modern, urban, or whatever), slice of life, modern, supernatural, paranormal, comedy, romance, mystery, drama, adventure ; dark themes (to add more)

themes: angst/fluff ; slow/fast burn; romance ; platonic ; arrange marriage ; fake dating ; enemies to friends ; enemies to lovers ; college, family, friendship, hurt/comfort, bayside/beach/island, city/urdan, forest, mythology, mythological creatures, friends to lovers, found family ; (to add more)
@rennade
[spoili]
b79c9116e5cc0bdc14f87f68797e61f4.jpg

Name: Lloyd Rosewood
[/spoili]

It was quite windy in the city of New York. The street was lighted up with the elegant lamps that stood above the sidewalks and road. The sun had already set down for its sleep until tomorrow morning. On the dark streets, there were a couple of people heading home. One of this people was Ellic Rosewood heading home from work. It was not too late to say the least, just being around six or seven. But if anything happens to him, he'll let the emergency alarm go off from his phone. A sigh escaped his soft lips as he turned a corner. It was dangerous to walk alone on the streets of New York City. There were gangs and other organizations around the city, especially in the area where Ellic lives.

After arriving at park, Ellic decided to take a short cut through the park. All the male wanted was to get some rest. He thought about what happened at work. Recently, one of his co-workers started dating. They talked to Ellic about it and advices him to start dating as well, but the blue eyed male wasn't really interested in being in a relationship. He didn't really have the time to date or meet anyone.

Another sigh left his lips as Ellic glanced around the surroundings of the park as he walked, admiring the beauty of it. A beauty that Ellic thinks he himself doesn't have. Anyone who tried to flirt and/or hit on him, tells him how beautiful he was, but the young man didn't really believe in those words, not even from his family and friends.

[spoili]
tumblr_ojm91prUqP1ve0cqmo1_1280.jpg
Name: Roman Temposo
Height: 6'6"
[/spoili]

A jagged breath was let out, the Italian man watching his feet as he let out a heavy sigh, bringing his arms closer into himself. Usually he didn't have to do any dirty work, but he had a nasty habit of showing off once in a while to his father, even if lower hands would roll their eyes as he made a spectacle of accepting a job that he would most definitely regard as beneath him any other time. Roman's lips upturned in a crooked little smirk, hand on the little wad of cash currently stuffed into the breast of his jacket pocket. Around a couple thousand dollars. Why does anyone bother with his family if they supposedly don't have the money? Beats him.

Without the intent of returning home yet, not eager to take his car back as he didn't want anyone catching his license plate (what could he say? It's not like he committed a murder, but invasions of privacy were quite common with the young man) if he was rushing off. He opted to take a seat at a park nearby, drawing into himself and letting out another sigh as he let his eyes close.

It wasn't until he heard steps that he moved, brows furrowing and letting his hazel eyes open slightly as he saw someone walk by. He had to take a moment, staring at the other boy as he walked and thinking to himself. As someone comfortable with openly admitting his interests, he had no problem with noticing the other's features. Of course, he didn't know his name- but he knew he was attractive, and that really spoke to Roman, if he had to say... What's the harm in some conversation? He was always bold and unafraid of telling people what was on his mind.

Roman stood when the other got closer to him, purposely standing in the way as if he was trying to stop him. "Woah, woah, what are you doing out here?" He asked quizzically, despite a devious smirk that even the Cheshire Cat would have to be suspicious of- he couldn't help it, he was practically born with a shit-eating grin.

• Love
Reactions: vei_li_os
Upon hearing a voice in front of him, Ellic stood right on his tracks and saw a young man blocking his way. The dark haired boy glanced over his shoulders and around the park, as well as behind him, to see who the man was taking about. There's no way someone would speak to him. He didn't even knew this guy. But seeing there was no one else around, the question was directed towards Ellic. The young man rose a brow before shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm about to head home?" He replied, but in a form of a question instead of a statement. Despite being a question coming from this stranger, that smirk was making Ellic feel cautious around this guy. Ellic looked around awkwardly and avoid eye contact with the other male. It was very random for someone to speak with him. Especially when they have a smirk looking quite devious.

"Well, um, I have to go now." He said, giving him a brief smile before walking around the man and began to walk away. If thid guy start to follows him, Ellic would hesitate to pull the alarm on his phone. I mean, he doesn't want to put the guy in trouble, but if the stranger does something funny, and like stated above, he won't hesitate.

• Love
Reactions: zedkola
A hand ran through his dark red hair, a quiet chuckle sounding from him as he saw the boy stop dead in front of him. Cute. He turned on his heel, standing next to the other and walking right in step as he tried to walk off. It wasn't like the guy didn't have reason to, himself being a random stranger that took it upon himself to engage in conversation during a dull moment in his night. The avoiding eye contact, how dismissive he was- it showed that he wasn't too keen on speaking himself.

"I'm not trying to bother you, just wondering if you need any company. It's pretty dangerous around this time, and you don't seem like the type that could defend himself." He laughed a little, even, raising an eyebrow at how cautious the other was of him. Well- Roman would be scared of himself, but, there's no harm in some friendly conversation if said person wasn't on your hit list, right?

Reactions: leafletts
Ellic frowned slightly as the other man walked alone with him. He didn't really need any company. Why couldn't this guy leave him alone? He wasn't anyone special to start a conversation with. "Look, I'm just heading home. It's not that far from here. So, I don't need company. Thank you for the offer though." He said, walking a bit faster. All the dark hairex boy wanted to do was just go home and sleep. It's not that much to ask. Ellic glanced at the stranger before rolling his eyes. Of course, he can defend himself. He has a spary and such in his bag in case anyone tries to lay a hand in him or do something funny.

"It's only dangerous because they are some people that don't leave other people alone and mind their own business." He stated, almost wanting to speed walk out if the park. Almost referring to the tall male next to him. "Now, excuse me, I really need to get home before it gets any more late." Ellic said before walking away from the other male with a bit more speed.

A smile broke out on the man's face and he shrugged, not taking the guy's words to heart even if he seemed intent on being left alone. Were all attractive people this rude? Weird generalization on his part, maybe, but it did come from observation. There wasn't anything wrong with him, see, he was just a... somewhat shady looking dude that was currently carrying a few thousand dollars and a concealed weapon. Not that bad. It wasn't like he wanted to harm the guy either- he juts wanted to occupy himself. He noticed the slight change in pace, and oddly enough decided to keep following despite himself, though at a more relaxed pace. What could he say? He's persistent.

"Alright, alright, but could I at least get a name or something? Maybe we could talk sometime when it's a lot lighter and much less dangerous out, huh?" He mused, a short laugh accompanying the suggestion.

(Shit, I just realized I was using the wrong name for my oc, sorry if you got confused. ^^;;)

Lloyd bit his lower lip before glancing quickly at the other man. He really can't keep his distance away from the young boy. Should he really give this guy his name? He doesn't even know him well and just randomly met this man out of nowhere. "Fine, if it gets you to leave me alone." He muttered under his breath after looking away from the other male. They stopped on the corner of side walk, the other side having an orange hand montioned them to stop where they are. Lloyd turned to face the red haired male. "Lloyd. The name is Lloyd Rosewood." He responded, having to realize he gave his full name. Well, it was too late to back out now. Let's just hope he forgets about it.

The hand sign soon turned the white, walking man sign once the light turned green from the other side of the road. Lloyd gave a brief smile before beginning to walk across the street and almost getting to the apartment building.

(omg what okay!!! its ok i wasnt confused at all sorry i used the wrong one too then? hahaha)

The name actually came as a shock to Roman, and his eyes widened slightly in pleasant surprise. Well, persistence really does get you somewhere, doesn't it? It made him happy, getting something out of the other even though he seemed to be pretty adamant on not talking much. Lloyd Rosewood, he said. Alright. He would make note of that, there had to be someone that he could ask to track him down and find out some other stuff then, all he needed was a name, right? Plus, he had kind of an original one, he wasn't exactly a John Smith or anything. The last name definitely helped too, what kind of mafia wouldn't be able to find anything with that? ... Man, was he getting ahead of himself. He never really jumped the gun like this, what was he doing?

Roman nodded slightly, but decided to leave the other alone for now. He didn't introduce himself back, which he found somewhat rude but Lloyd seemed antsy to get home, huh? Alright. He'd make it a personal mission to see him again anyways, ha. He backed down, with a wave at the other that he could just hope that he saw, before heading off.

Lloyd glanced over at the other man and noticed him waved at him. He gave a short nod as he crossed the street. Soon he arrived at the apartment complex and walk inside, heading to the elevator after checking out the mail box for any bills and such. The young man wondered if he did the right thing by giving his full name. He really hopes the other man forget his name. But Lloyd has a feeling he would be seeing more of the man. Let's just hope he doesn't see him every day. Lloyd soon walked out of the elevator and headed to his apartment. He took out his keys and opened the door. The young man flopped down on his couch once he closed his door. Blue eyes staring at the ceiling. He thought about what happened a bit earlier. Why would someone, even a stranger, to talk to him? A tired sigh escaped from his soft lips as he closed his eyes.

The next couple days droned on for Roman, uneventful for the most part. He did all of his working in the night anyways, so his days were, well, relaxing. Sleeping in, talking to family, drinking wine despite it being three in the afternoon and generally enjoying himself. He kept busy, he had a lot of organizing to do anyways. His father may have been the head honcho, but it was obvious that he was being prepped to take his place.

This whole business was a tricky one, but they kept organized. He only ever kept to people in his personal circle, not one to step out of his comfort zone aside from dating and flirting with romantic interests, which is what happened to occupy his mind for the day. He remembered the name well, Lloyd Rosewood. God, it was a pretty name- and the sound of his voice made his heart pang. Roman wanted to talk to him again, but... it was kind of soon. He couldn't be bothered to, and the other would most definitely be bothered.

Ah, well. In due time. Fortunately for him and thanks to the fact he was the son of a mafia head, he was able to get someone that was willing to snoop around for him. Creepy? Yes. Did he care? No, not particularly. Upon finding out where he lived, well, that was such a direct connection to him. Roman would jump for joy if he didn't have an image to keep.

Not that he could do much about that.

Fast forward to late in the night, about ten at night or so, Roman couldn't keep track. He was letting out shuddering breaths, panicked, heart pounding hard in his chest and running his ass off. Alright, previous business did not sit so well with others, and he was the one who took the brunt of the anger. Alright, alright, no big deal, just... some minor bleeding in his arm, other injuries that restricted his movement just a bit, but not too bad. The bleeding was probably the worst part in all honesty, and left him with his back up against a car and scanning around for anyone trailing him.

God, fuck. He knew he shouldn't have gone alone, but showing off so much had to get the better of him at some point, right? He pulled his jacket down slightly to look at his shoulder, blood staining the fabric of the shirt underneath a deep crimson, much to his disdain. That would be a bitch to get out. He didn't know what to do at this point, trying to find a way out of this situation quick. Where was he, even...?

Oh, shit.

He was back on his feet, panting lightly but keeping a steady jog and pulling his jacket back up, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible- as much as he could manage, at least. This was Lloyd's apartment building, wasn't it? That's what he was told, and they were around here when they first met, even... Fuck, this would be weird, but he would be killing two birds with one stone after all. He shuffled into the building, after pressing some random buttons until someone was stupid enough to open the front door for him. Come on, who opens up for strangers? That was some dangerous shit, but alright.

Roman just hoped he remembered the right door, searching for some time before he found it and knocked hard, breathing harder at this point and putting his forehead against the door. Fuck, fuck, fuck, he was beyond stressed right now- what if Lloyd thought he was even weirder than before? Maybe he'd take pity on him- hopefully, god, he was forgoing his health to talk to this guy.

• Love
Reactions: vei_li_os
For the next days until now, Lloyd spent them working his ass off at his job and dealing with assholes at the campus. It was quite tiring for the young man. Stressing out and such. He was sure he has bags under his eyes. Today, work has been busy as always. Dealing with rude and nice customers. Dealing with coworkers. Dealing with his horrible boss. Now, Lloyd's a nice guy. He doesn't like to get into trouble, nor be part of anything that would risk his life or something related.

At noon, Lloyd didn't have too much classes. He refused to go to any party with his friends. Besides, he has some studies to catch up as well as homework and projects, not to mention the essays.

So, Lloyd spent the rest of the day going to the library to study and finished some assessments. Once it was six in the evening, Lloyd left the library and headed back to his apartment. There, he finished his small projects. When it was ten or something in the night, Lloyd fell asleep on his couch. One of his arm over his eyes to covered them from the light above. Chest raising evenly. He was having a peaceful slumber until he heard loud bangs on his door. Such noise cost the young man scared him and fall into the tile floor. A groan left his soft lips as Lloyd stood up from the floor carefully and headed to open the door. He wondered who would be visiting him right now. It was getting late.

Lloyd soon opened the door. But stopped mid-way after realizing it was the red-haired cree- I mean, guy from a couple of nights back. "W-what are you doing here!?" He asked, brows knitted down. His blue eyes scanned older man and noticed his condition. "Oh my god, what happened?" He asked, pulling the guy in and made sure nobody was around. He closed the door behind him and led the stranger from before into the living room, sitting him down on the couch.

God, the motion was making him sick. He leaned over slightly as he was ushered in by the other, gladly sitting down on the couch. It was certainly better than having your back up against a car and the adrenaline making your head pound. Speaking of, his was dying down, and he was left with a sore arm and a pretty bad wound. Thankfully it didn't go too deep, and he was able to force through the pain to punch his attacker and run like bloody fucking murder. Long legs come in handy sometimes, huh?

He was grateful for the chance to talk to Lloyd again though- not that he expected this, but a warm feeling welled up in his chest at the compassion being showed by male. It wasn't like it was commonplace for people to see someone injured and instantly react badly, but it meant something coming from him...? God, what was he thinking. He needed to stop himself, this was getting slightly out of hand. A soft, shaky sigh passed his lips and he minded his arm as to not get any of his blood on the furniture. It would piss him off if someone came to his house and bled on his shit, so.

"Well, you see. I was in the area, thought I'd drop by for a visit and, you know, I just got stabbed. As one does when they're out sometimes." Roman explained, in a joking manner obviously, laughing oddly through his subtle wincing from the pain. "If you um, have a first aid kit or something, I can bandage myself up just fine."

Lloyd deadpanned at the other male's response, not amused by the joke. Upon hearing the request, the blue eyed boy nodded his head before leaving the living room and headed down the left hall to the bathroom. He took out the aid kit from the small, mirror door and soon returned back to the red-haired gentleman. Lloyd handed the aid kit to the stranger before letting out a sigh.

"Seriously, though, what did you do to get like this? Did you get into a fight?" He asked, arms crossed over his chest as he frowned down at him. "God... I'm going to go get you some water and painkillers..." He mumbled before disappearing into the kitchen.

Lloyd stood in the middle of the kitchen, his mind processing what was going on. He let this stranger into his home without thinking what could happen. What if this guy was someone dangerous and could cost trouble for the dark-haired male. Lloyd began to panic at the thoughts crossing his mind. It took only a few minutes to calm down. He leaned on the counter and stared at the wall that was between the living room and kitchen. A tired, heavy sigh left his soft lips before he started grabbing a glass and poured water into it, grabbing a painkiller as well on his way out. "Here... Take it after you're done treating yourself..."

Tough crowd. Nice guy though, this Lloyd dude proved to be interesting. Who the hell just lets some shady-looking dude right into their apartment and use their shit? Him, apparently, and he was way too interested for his own good. Alright, stop thinking about that. It was weird, Roman was being extremely weird. Not a common scenario, in this case at least, he just felt this weird need to be around the guy. Looks definitely had a say, Lloyd was definitely one of the cuter ones, and while he didn't know about the whole sexuality business, well- a guy that pretty had to be gay right? ... Horrible logic. Such horrible logic.

The question about getting into a fight was dismissed with a shrug, and Roman cast away his glance as he started getting up to get himself crudely bandaged before he could get home and get his brother to look at it. He hated doctors with a passion, and he wasn't seeing any stranger if he could get someone in his own family to do the same job. It made for a lot of scarring, but hey, he wasn't gonna die yet. The bleeding died down, enough for him to realize that the cut was in fact pretty shallow- just ran long.

He took the time that Lloyd left him alone to find the bathroom and wash his arm off, which ended up with him eventually sitting on the guy's couch, jacket put aside and his shirt half off so he could have easy access to his arm. It wasn't a big deal to him- undressing in front of people never really made him nervous, go figure. The redhead looked up once the other came back, shooting a quick smile because of the water and medicine. "Huh, you're way too nice, aren't you?" He questioned, downing some of the water before he took the painkiller and drinking the rest. "Thanks for the help I guess, it was kind of stressful, you know. Even tough guys like me get into shit, right?" Another pretty bad attempt at a joke, but he was hoping to come off as charming if anything. He flashed a more sincere grin to the other, "We haven't really formally talked. Do you remember my name?" he questioned, honestly curious, then looked as if he remembered something, "Wait, shit! I never even told you, did I?"

Lloyd shrugged his shoulders at the male's words about him being too nice. Hey, it can't be help. Lloyd can be too much of a nice guy, but he can comes off as passive aggressive at times. Not to mention short-temper when the right button are push. The dark haired nodded at the redhead. "Yeah, um, no problem..." He mumbled, taking a seat on the sofa chair. "Stop with the lame jokes, please." The young man replied, rolling his eyes at him. "I, well, um, no... You haven't told me your name. You were too eager to know my name for no reasons." he whisperd before jumping slightly when the injured gentleman stated he didn't told his name to Lloyd. "So, what's your name? And, because I'm really curious, what the hell happened to get yourself this injured?" He asked, arms and legs crossed over each other.

Lloyd watched the other male treated his wounds. He has quite some thoughts of what happened to this guy. The dark haired male shivered for a moment as he took a quick glance at the upper, tone body of this red haired guy. The young man flushed lightly red as he looked away from other male. "Well, um, if you want, you can stay for the night."

With a crude job of ripping and tying the bandage around his arm, Roman stared at his handiwork. Not too bad if he had to say, he knew what would hold him over until he could get someone else to look at it, so he was fine. He tugged his shirt back up, buttoning it and throwing on his jacket over that. What could he say? He was still kind of cold, and he'd rather keep the bloody shirt covered up. He did notice the slight reaction from the other at that- maybe it was something else, but Roman liked to think it was because he was too pretty to handle. Real vain, huh? He crossed his arms and sat back, glancing over again when Lloyd started to speak and opened his mouth slightly at the hit on his jokes. Wow, really tough crowd then, not as cool as he thought huh? Well, Roman had to admit, he was kind of lame sometimes and stupid shit had a habit of coming out of his mouth. Thanks, brain, really cool. The eye roll was kind of amusing to him at least, as could be seen by the slight smirk on his face. "Nah, nah, you're just mad because you think I'm funny, it's alright."

He shrugged slightly, not fully set on telling him what he was doing. What if Lloyd didn't like him because of it? Not that he should be all shady, but, maybe this was something he could manage to keep under wraps? Who knows, that would be kind of crappy. "Alright, alright, well- I'm Roman, nice to finally formally introduce myself to you. Somewhat formal? Not really formal, hah, whatever."

The offer came as a surprise to Roman, and he passed a hand through his hair. "Huh, really? That's real sweet of you, isn't it?" He leaned forward slightly, closing his eyes slightly as a smile lit up his features. "I may take you up on that offer, I'm pretty beat after all. Do you always ask people to stay the night on the first date?" Roman wasn't stopping with the jokes here evidently, a result of literally not being able to stop being lame all the time, if anything.

Lloyd nodded at the name, rising a brow as he leaned into the couch he was sitting on. The dark haired male smiled slightly at the compliment, if it even was a compliment. Though, upon hearing the words "first date" and knowing it was a joke, a sigh came out in annoyance before he stood up. "No. And stop it." He said, referring to the jokes. Lloyd glanced at his watch. "Well, you can make yourself at home. There's a guest down the right hall." He instructed, arms crossing over his chest. "It's getting late, so go to bed. I'm going to stay up to study for an exam." Lloyd stated, not even sure why he said the last sentence. This guy named Roman wouldn't care.

"Anyways, would you be okay walking to the bedroom on your own?" He asked, uncrossing his arms. Lloyd didn't know if letting a stranger, despite now knowing his name, stay at his apartment was a good idea. I mean, this guy could have been faking being injured. Probably paid a make up artist do to that wound.

"O-oh! Actually, before going to bed, do you want anything to eat? There's some snacks in one of the cabinets in the kitchen." Lloyd stated, pointing at the kitchen. "If you need anything else, just call me. I'll be in my bedroom."

Roman was a man, he could admit that he almost pouted at another failed attempt at a joke. Real, real tough crowd. Lloyd didn't seem to be impressed by his cool boy shtick and cool attitude, which drew him for a blank as that's what had got him through the upwards of twenty years that he had been living. He resisted, though, resolve holding strong and determined to maintain a relaxed appearance. Stab wound and all, ha. Listen, Roman thought he was funny, alright?

He shrugged slightly, "Oh come on, that isn't fun. I'm not too keen on turning in this early- I'm a night owl. Why do you think I'm out getting stabbed and all?" He said with a chuckle, not being able to keep back the light banter. Ah, well, hopefully it didn't come off as annoying. "How about I go with you? I'll be good- I swear. I'm not hungry but I'm kind of set on getting to know you a little better. I mean, what kind of guy is this nice? You're cool." He mused, catty-looking grin tugging at the corners of his lips yet again. "I'll help you study even, what are you in for?"

Again with the jokes. Lloyd rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders. Anyways, I prefer to have a quiet environment when doing my work and study. Also, why do you want to know me so much?" He asked, rising a brow before eyeing the man in front of him. "Well, I mean, it's not because I'm nice. If I see someone injured, I immediately want to help them..." He uttered, sighing softly before shrugging his shoulders. "Whatever, you come then." Lloyd stated, his cheeks flushing lightly pink at the compliment. "Did you even go to college? Not to offend you, but you look rough and... I don't know." He said, turning his back on the guy. "I'm studying biological sciences and criminal justice." Lloyd replied, leading Roman to his room. "You better not to do anyhting stupid." He warned him, opening the door to his bedroom and let the other male walked in first.

Status
Not open for further replies.