Vital you answer this...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you continuing the point about the name? If I wanted to have an in depth discussion about why Dave is the generic human name of choice then I would make a thread about it. Plus, I don't actually see why you bothered responding in the first place. Sure, I love a good debate just as much as the next guy, but I posted this thread purely to see if anyone else here was already on it, and to show people what I personally thought was a good website. I thought maybe people might appreciate it. I guess trying to do something nice on the internet is just as futile as in real life. Also, at what point did I say I couldn't survive on the internet without music? I like music. There is no problem there. Many people like music. I spend a lot of time on the internet. There is no problem there. Many people spend a lot of time on the internet. When I'm on the internet I have access to any of the songs I want to listen to, when I want to listen to them. On the internet there is a certain lack of atmosphere, hence I open a new tab and open up a song playlist. At what point does that get turned into "If I go on the internet without music I die?"

Perhaps you shouldn't use Chrome, which is a shitty bot browser anyway.

As for tickld, not my sense of humor. In fact, it's the sense of humor that makes me (let me put this in meme form for you) le sigh. But, if you like it, knock yourself out ^^ As long as you're not on the streets dealing drugs and whatnot (eyyy 420 blaze-it amirite)

OH COME ON now you're going to insult my choice of browser? What else should I use then? Internet Explorer? Because that's not awful in any way... Firefox? Because that certainly doesn't have a massively inconvenient layout. Also Amirite sounds like it should be a pokemon.

Yes, that's exactly what it was. An insult to your browser. Not you, your browser. And no, you should absolutely under no circumstance use IE. Firefox is decent, much safer than Chrome or IE. It was a while since I used Firefox but I don't recall it having any larges issues with layout. It was however, if I remember correctly, unable to play flashes or something. Anyway, you could try out some more "indie" browsers like Opera (Certainly not Indie, but not as well-used as some others) to see if anyone catches your liking.

Jesus bloody Christ, calm down, will you?

You're the one continuing the discussion of names. In fact, you're the one who started it. I was just using Dave for n analogy because it was the first name I thought up.

I responded because I felt like it. If you wanted me to stop, you could have easily just politely asked me not to, or you could have reminded me of the thread's purpose. At no point prior did you do that.

Oh God, really?
"I guess trying to do something nice on the internet is just as futile as in real life."
I've been there, done that, and gotten the t-shirt. Ain't nobody going to follow that train of thought, if they bother thinking about it for a little while. You brought up a website, people didn't like it. You tried to defend it, and it's not working out. Deal with it.

It's called an exaggeration, mate. Used to drive a point home. Maybe it'd help if you took a moment to think about what's in front of you for a moment. Besides, don't you have anything else you can use to play music? No CD player, MP3 player, phone, nothing? You have no music stored that you're willing to listen to while you browse the internet?

Don't bother answering. It's like talking to a brick wall, I don't have the time to waste on you here.
And you STILL haven't provided a reason as to why Tickld is funny, in any sense of the word.

I'm out, I've got my own bloody problems.

Cya! And for the record, no I don't have an external music machine. The costs far outweighed the benefits of ever getting one. Plus you can't download CDs from the internet so a CD player would be redundant. No way I'm paying postage on convenience.

I cannot say that I have ever heard of this website before, but I was willing to burn a couple minutes to see what drew you to it.

In full screen, there's a full 4+ inches of white space on either side of my screen (which is 1440x900 resolution, making this a pretty large amount of my screen wasted) and in windowed mode the left side white space disappears for me, and the right side remains. In a mobile browser, this issue does not seem to present itself. Strange.

The sources of the front page are all in-site or source tumblr, where there are any listed; telltale sign of an aggregation website, not a content creation.
Setting that fact aside, the content is months late. I have seen the same content has already been on Tumblr, Funnyjunk, 9Gag, and Reddit for months.
Many cover pictures from other click-baiting and list-formatted websites like Buzzfeed and Cracked (and their dozens of other aggregator affiliates,) were stolen for posts, and the thieves forgot to steal the 'content,' too.

The minimal Original Content consists of, "My mom's dating a black guy again," "When you bite the inside of your cheek," telling Batman a bedtime story, and the pick of the litter, "I like trains."

I'm sorry, I just don't see a reason to support this website with my time. We have enough content re-hashing going on in the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.