Variate//Wirklichkeit

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
One day, she will need to become a badass. When that day comes... *shudders in fear*

Then break her? Make something that will trigger thatSa-ImeanBadass May <w>

Mm, no. The best one to have blood drawn is obviously either May, or the Valkyrie.

Or any other innocent-and-easily-breakable character. I'm not picky.

Oooooooor, we could kill Thaylin, and then see how May breaks down. That would be very interesting..

Actually, no. May's reaction is predictable. We should kill May instead. Thaylin is harder to predict, so it'd be more of a show.

Mm, no. The best one to have blood drawn is obviously either May, or the Valkyrie.

Or any other innocent-and-easily-breakable character. I'm not picky.

Oooooooor, we could kill Thaylin, and then see how May breaks down. That would be very interesting..

Actually, no. May's reaction is predictable. We should kill May instead. Thaylin is harder to predict, so it'd be more of a show.
tl;dr: kill anyone but Kyoya please.

So who are we sacrificing?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PandaChu
Shotgun not being sacrificed. Myst is too skinny :c

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex might get explodinated by Kyoya though :C

Unless we can use his remaining body parts - BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD - although I forgot why we're even doing this sacrifice

• Bucket of Rainbows
Alex might get explodinated by Kyoya though :C

Unless we can use his remaining body parts - BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD - although I forgot why we're even doing this sacrifice
>implying that Kyoya's spell will do fucking anything

>implying that Kyoya's spell will do fucking anything
Reminder that Zephyr is alone in the middle of Death Forest.

• Bucket of Rainbows
He can probably handle it. Akasha alone makes up for the fact that he's probably the weakest of all the PCs.

• Bucket of Rainbows
He can probably handle it. Akasha alone makes up for the fact that he's probably the weakest of all the PCs.
Spear some fish. Reproduce asexually. Start a family.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ah, I lost track of the story. I apologize for the tardiness. So far, a loud dude tries to attack the team, Must unleashes his Hidden Blizzard, and Ouro gets killed? Damn, shit just got real.

I'm still on the fence, and I'll try to love everyone. I was gonna drop, but my heart says "get the fuck up; you're not weak."

So, expect lots of things today. Maybe even tomorrow.
The fat lady's gonna stay put... for now.

Last edited:
May she rise to Sunder and fly under Odin's heavenly code.
In other words, Brynja's not gonna fall that easily.

Oh, and one more gift. I hope it doesn't screw up like the many times that happened before!

[BCOLOR=#00ccff]The sheet is now done! I solved the problem![/BCOLOR]

{ F U L L ψ N A M E {

WBrynhildr ErlendrdottirW

{ N I C K N A M E{

WDue to the Norse language barrier, she prefers Brynja (or Ryn to her close ones). She does not respond well to "Hilda". W

{ A G E{

WPresumably 127 years old | Appears to be 23W

{ G E N D E R{

WFemaleW

{ S P E C I E S{

WValkyrieW
Valkyries are Norse battle maidens who decide who lives and who dies in a battle. The name "Valkyrie" means "Chooser of the slain" in Nordic Mythology. Most of the Valkyries in Sunder obtain special abilities in addition to their increased cognition. They are one head, if not two, taller than an average woman. In Sunder, the Valkyries range from around six feet to nearly eight feet tall. The shortest of the Valkyries stands at 5' 7" (172 cm). Their strength is easily comparable to a strong man's, being able to wield unconventional weapons at ease.

Because they are angels protected by their undying dedication, Valkyries tend to praise to their God (Odin, in this case) to make viable decisions. However, Valkyries tend to judge humans based on their actual skills. Whether or not they desire to live is to their discretion. According to the Kingdom of Sunder, most of the Valkyries returned from death to serve their duties.

Valkyries do not need to eat, drink, or sleep. However, the valkyries partake in these activities for comfort. Once they breathe Earthly oxygen, their strength wanes down. Their demeanor is calm, serious, and very religious (belief in the Nordic Gods). However, once provoked, they will not hesitate to destroy said threat. Valkyries are biologically immortal. Their wounds heal [almost] three times as fast as a human's. However, once they awake on Earth, Valkyries must get accustomed to the environment. On Earth, while the Valkyries can still fly, their wings shrink to fit into tight crevices. They are not used to the unwholesome torture of being "mortal".

{ A P P E A R A N C E{

W"I suppose you can call me 'mighty', even in jest."W
With her mighty physique, Byrnhildr has obsidian, straight hair that flows down her upper thighs. In the light, her hair looks like a midnight blue. She often wears a feathered crown, signaling her status as a Valkyrie. Thin, arched eyebrows compliment her stoic demeanor. Long eyelashes frame her turquoise eyes. She has a scar that goes from the left eyelid down to the top of the left jawline. Two moles decorate each cheek. Byrnhildr has a tall, dainty nose. Her heart-shaped face complements a pouty mouth.

On to the body, she has soft, fair skin. Like most valkyries, Brynhildr stands before all at 6 ft, 5 in (196.37 cm). Even without her high heeled boots, Brynhildr's athletic body dominates most of her features. Her 38-D breast cup compensates for the giant armor. Three more moles decorate her breasts, but she keeps them concealed. Once she removes her armor it reveals all but a wrapped up cloth to cover the privates. To her benefit, her gear is much lighter as opposed to Sunder's, which weighs around 18 lbs (8 kg After her departure, Byrnhildr wears a tight, teal battlesuit with a long, willowy skirt. A pair of armored gloves compliments her outfit.

On her back, she had four, pearl white wings (wingspan: 27 inches from the back).She can fly far, hover around, and perform, courageous leaps. Because she's grounded, Brynhildr has two, black wings (wingspan: 18 inches from the back). Albeit a longer flight, her wings can also serve as a cape. However, she must accommodate for her wings. Her wings are rigid, hence her back pain if she pulls them too far. In addition to this, if her wings get stuck onto something, she will lose her ability to fly [properly]. Her wings are still vulnerable to damage by conventional means. While her wings can heal cuts, scrapes, and missing feathers, broken parts must be recreated via Rejuvenation.

{ PE R S O N A L I T Y{

WBlunt // TruthfulW
"If you care, you're running backwards. There's no need for your stupidity, even in serious situations." While Brynja's tongue is sharp, there is a faint merit in her words. While she brings as much truth to her words, Brynja does not believe in "sugarcoating", for that brings more distress. She will point out one's flaws, foolishness, and bad deeds with little to no hesitation. Like her fellow valkyries, this woman is no stranger to honesty, for it is her creed. As such, expect her to set everything to stone. If she were told to lie, she would eventually fail, for her obedience takes precedence. As Odin told her, it would be wise to say the entirety of her feelings.

WHeadstrong // DeterminedW
"Don't tell me what's wrong, for I know that by heart!" This valkyrie is the one who will venture above and beyond for her desires. Law is the will of the Nordic Gods, and the fact that it is being broken is the reason for all the darkness that spreads sickness in the lands. Because of this, she will follow the voice of Odin, even if she must break laws to re-establish it. As such, if she has a point, Brynja will refuse to back down until her foes step down. Only if there is enough evidence will she keep a closed lip. If she had to kill to prove her point, she would do so. DARE you cross her way, expect a beating without the sight of day. Hell hath no fury of this woman angered.

WAltruistic // SagaciousW
"If I am to protect you, I shall do so with all my might." Just like the Heavenly code, she is extremely loyal to all who know and truly care for her. As long as one knows of her intent, she will preserve her words to the end of time. Once she makes a promise, she lives up to every word. Unless if her trust is misplaced or the person dies, she will do what she says. As a strong leader, she will never strangle the throats of unwilling folks. When she is sure of her pack, she will hear everyone out. In order to keep her words, Brynja believes in setting a background plan. She is a person who thinks everything through, even through the hardest of times. She will see past philosophies and opinions to see the facts. If she must fly into a "thinking corner", she will do so at her own expense.

WCompassionate//UnderstandingW
"Travelers, your children and family mean your world. If you so desire their presence, pray for their return. It won't be long!" Although a valkyrie must carry people to Valhalla, Brynja will wait to hear concerns. This is not to say that she will revive lost souls. Given the situation, if it calls against such deeds, a farewell is the least she can grant. With every life she takes, Brynja is scarred internally, and always prays that their souls be carried to the safest of all havens. Even with her sharp tongue, there's still light under the overcast skies above. If Odin's orders contradicted her beliefs, she'd try to decipher each of them until it made sense.

{ H I S T O R Y{

First Life of Mortality
{Note: This part will be short for good reasons better left obscured. This is why it's choppy and hard to read. Apologies!}

"My life is all but a clouded, inpenetrable enigma. It shall be my duty to find faith and the clouded world."

In honesty's words, Brynhildr doesn't remember much of her first life, for its scars are much too strong to bear. Over a century ago in an Asgardian village, there lived a beautiful, young maiden with a loving man. Although it wasn't told of their names, it was said that Odin blessed their future womb. The good partner called her Brynhildr, knowing of the dire events to come. As Brynhildr aged, she noticed less activity in that little, dilapidated cottage.

The young girl was ten years old when a group of trespassers tried to burn the house. Although Brynhildr got out of the escape hole, her parents tried fighting them back, all to no avail. Since the day the mortals succumbed, Brynhildr found serenity in the Norse forest. Her only friends were the abundant wildlife, sprawling about. She felt free in that realm, so she used this gift to her advantage. Sometimes, she had to kill said animals for food, drink (let's not go there), and engagement in activities.

As she was little, Brynhildr still looked for food from merchants, willing people, and just about everyone she knew. She even moved to a lot of homes, but she never did so out of spite. Brynhildr's spiritual father, WOTAN tells Brynhildr to find the best home she can. Wotan eventually became that spiritual follower in her head. With his help, Brynhildr managed to find willing villagers to house the poor girl. Nevertheless, she never disobeyed this voice.

During her time on Earth, she bumped into a young milk maiden named Fuamnach who seemed eager to help her into a home. During her time, Fuamnach made the girl feel like a guest to the house. Sometimes, the girl pitched in to serve and cook bread, milk and hunted animals (much to her disgust). While everything was hard to maintain, Fuamnach's true nature slowly peeled away. Eventually, Fuamnach revealed she took her to be a slave, much to her chagrin.

"Much to my horror, Fuamnach failed me as a supporter, a loved one, and a true hero. Never again will I see her warm, manipulative face."

As she turned 17, she realized her time with Fuamnach was for naught. Even though she had been preparing foods, cleaning up after her, and treating the cows in the farm, this was not enough to appease. The poor woman got old and required more than pure attention. As the girl strived for the appreciation and honor she deserved, she didn't know what was to come.

At one point, her beautiful master granted her an amulet full of sapphires. She said, "May the Gods of Asgard help your troubles and endeavors." As such, she took this to heart, taking the amulet wherever she went. The amulet was her dearest possession. Even to this day, she wears it out of sentimental value, believing Wotan gave it to her.

Suddenly, the Blaze of Abeldon broke out, causing more than five hundred casualties. Although Brynhildr was twenty-three, Fuamnach's immortal love fell deep in her head. On a cold, winter's eve, a letter to her master revealed unknown relatives. Fuamnach awaited something from her family for many years. With positive intentions, Fuamnach begged the young woman to stay behind while she went "exploring". When Fuamnach never returned for a week, Brynhildr worried about the old lady and searched for her. According to Brynhildr, several hoodlums set fire to the trees, engulfing the young lady with it. Sadly, her remains were not saved.

Into the Heavenly Kingdom

Brynhildr's rebirth came along in Sunder, where the valkyries and celestials roam in the clouds. Many a celestial gathered to see the birth of another child. The incandescent orb rocketed from the ground, forming a bodied entity. Here, the child grinned, expressing her gratitude to Sunder.

As the Valkyrie grew, she expressed her interest to become part of Die Walkure as it induced millions of willing fighters to the plate. Ingvar showed the determined Brynja the ropes to fighting with her might, especially towards her light powers. Ingvar pushed her to get stronger, as they trained every day, and every year. At one point, Ingvar responded with, "The girl's strength, determination, and hard efforts pushed me into accepting a hen instead of a chick."

As she grew to be 15, Ingvar placed her in a guild with other valkyries for her own development. Agahylde, the blonde one, was especially determined in getting her into the battlefield. Although the angel didn't seem ready for it, she complied, and so the sisters went. During the Battle of Everest, a demonic force entered into the clouds, burning everything in sight. The Valkyries didn't attack the creature with much knowledge. As such, they put themselves in dire consequences. One of the Valkyries, Soigné, had her wings brutally beaten, fractured, and signed. It was the first time the Valkyries heard of their kind forced into the real world. After this, a tearful Brynhildr confronted the ignorant Ingvar. Sadly, only to hear the saddening reality of all valkyries. Once they died, the ball of energy would dissolve into nothingness. Because the dead one was the leader, Ingvar tells Brynhildr to assemble the Valkyries to help him in his battle with Chernobog, the evil spirit. The fact Valkyries were just angels angered her, but she was ready for whatever came.

For all readers, this part is risque but important for history fillers. Please read at your own risk!
[spoili]In a dimly lit room, absent of all people, Ingvar and Ingrid were lightly clothed in bed. waved a bony hand around his face to catch his attention. "Best believe the Holy Spirit chose this road for you... but it will not be yours once you battle Chernobog." The blonde girl kissed Ingvar - and quite passionately - on the lips. "are you sure you want to give her up?"[/spoili][spoili][/spoili][spoili]

"Freya? Henne? Nei! [Freya? Her? No!]" With a quick shove, Ingvar pushed the little sister away, knowing well of their incestuous endeavors. Flustered, Ingvar tried to make a promise to the girl, but he reverted back to loving Freya. "Hvorfor skulle jeg gjøre noe slikt? [Why would I do such a thing?]" The archangel was red in the face for his reasons. He didn't mean to hurt Ingrid, but her persistence pushed him over the edge.

"She's a bad, bad influence, and so is that valkyrie!" Ingrid regained her steps, unfazed of her brother's anger. Are you sure you want to die in battle?" She took care in undressing herself, as she was still ashamed to take care of this overnight. "When you fight for war, Brynhildr will be your reminder of Odin's little gift! ALWAYS!" Tears welled from the girl's eyes. She was adamant that Brynja will never see the light of day. Ingvar was in that burning pool of water, yet he insisted that their risque rendezvous continued.

He noticed that his anger was going over the top, even for him. Sure, he was nude, scared, and a bit defensive. If he just got to her feelings, he was sure Ingrid would understand. "Look. We're making love away from my woman, but once she gets to you, you need to run from Sunder." He begged for Ingridr's mercy, tears spilling from his eyes. "Chernobog is my one and only enemy. It shall be my duty to banish him from life. He needs death more than I." Without a word, the naked archangel tucked his sister in the bed, awaiting for more love.[/spoili]

Meanwhile, during the Battle of Nibelung, Wotan promptly revoked his protection over Ingvar. Wotan's wife, Freya, discovered Ingvar had an incestuous affair with his SISTER and TWIN, Ingridr. He withdrew Brynja's, assuming that Odin controlled her fate. At one point, a traumatized Agahylde asked the young man about the valkyrie's demise. With a burst of mocking laughter, Ingvar looked at the poor girl and said, "They just go *POOF* with their wings ablaze from their concealed chastity. For now, if you die, you will never see the light again."

Although his claims were false, Brynja saw what happened to a few careless valkyries. Enraged at Ingvar's insult, she grabs him by the shirt, screaming for a way to rebuke his statement. Ingvar then pointed to the wonderful Wotan, whom he hated very much. After Ingvar explained the devastating reality of all valkyries, Wotan was displeased. He instructed Brynhildr and her sisters to ensure that Ingvar died in battle. Although her anger at Ingvar wasn't enough to ensure death, she never had a say on Wotan's reasoning. Without a true promise, Brynja fled from her sisters in search of proof.

Brynhildr appeared to Ingvar (only soldiers who are going to die can look at her) to take him to Valhalla. "I must apologize, but thou words cut so deep. May you feel comfort and pain, all in one succession." She felt bad for doing so, but Brynja had no other decision. Ingvar refused to leave Ingridr. As Ingrid pleaded that he stayed, he fled into battle with Chernobog. Brynhildr grew sympathetic to Ingvar and promised to help, despite Wotan's wishes. Within five, treacherous days, Ingvar went through a tulmultuous battle with the monster. Here, Brynja blessed him with good luck. Frankly, the good Ingvar didn't need it. True to Ingrid's fears, Chernobog mercilessly impaled the young archangel. Brynhildr took Ingrid and Ingvar's broken sword to safety, where the valkyries meet for the last time. After this, Brynja realized how much she was manipulated. Wotan forbade her to go with Ingrid in light of her disobedience. Distraught, Brynhildr ventured above and beyond to find a voice, in which all will appreciate.

Sadly, 123 years of that life came to a close when she was called to go Earthbound. As such, she managed to go for her own enjoyment and needs. Odin sent her the good will of returning with her forgotten memories and the will of staying alive in battle. She now waits for the day of her return to Sünder. For her quest, she was to go Earthbound once again, for her dreams will linger to Odin's wavering words. Today, she wishes to explore what angels have yet to see. The Endless Dungeon will await, for many years to fight.

{ A B I L I T I E S{

Passive Abilities
Lord, I Cry My Song To Thee ~ Valkyries are said to be able to sing with a voice so sad it stops their opponents in their tracks. Brynhildr is of no exception. Her angelic, mournful voice can be modified for whatever language she chooses. As she sings, it temporarily stuns the targets.
Soul of an Angel
With her celestial physiology, Brynhildr is impervious to biological ailments. This leads to increased strength, intellect, and power. However, once she goes Earthbound, her body will gradually decline to that of an avian. In her Earthbound form, she can still get killed by conventional means. True to her valkyrie spirit, she is still able to fly, use exceptional strength, and hover around.
Speed of Arcadia
Brynhildr is capable of flying at speeds too high for a human. Her normals speed may go around 50 - 120 miles per hour and the fastest may be just over a hundred. Unfortunately, when she runs, she is fast, but not fast enough (45 mph max).

Standard Abilities
Strålen av Gud [The Beam of God] ~ All valkyries have an elemental ability. In Brynhildr's case, she will cast a bright, blinding light from one or both hands. The beam oflight can either be used to attack or illuminate. If she used this to illuminate, this causes a +1 buff on her Constitution. Additionally, the light in question is as hot as touching the eye of the stove. The longer the illumination, the less health she will have in the future. If she uses it to attack, she can cause temporary blindness, confusion, and second degree burns.
Skiver av Himmelen [Slices of Heaven]
Her lys sverd {light sword] (or so she calls it) weighs about four pounds to a human. Its featherweight support is useful for performing complex movements. She will summon her sword at times of need. once she summons the sword, it emulates a bright, glowing energy that blinds opponents.
En Bønn av Fred [The Prayer of Peace]
This power allows Brynhildr to permeate a bright white energy, poersuading her party to callm down and clear the mind - including hers. She will see the battlefield in her erspective, wondering the first one to fight.

Rejuvenations
(WARNING! MUST USE AT LAST RESORT!!) When Brynhildr is in a critical condition, her wings will glow a bright yellow. The aura affects her movement, meaning she'll have reduced flight. Eventually, the aura will spread across her body, making Brynhildr violently ill. If she must die in her mortal state, Juvenation helps her return to Sunder without worries. She will enter a state of depression, agitation, and eventually, irrepressible despair.

In order to spring back to life, she must get into a resting position while recounting a prayer: "Lord who brings health, restore the courage, the health, and the power of an esteemed woman. I must rise, for everything else counts on my mark!" Only she will awake when the pain is gone.

Brynhildr can not use this at her free will. Think of this as a coping mechanism for Earthbound Valkyries. It is only to be used when she needs it and at the last resort.

The Ritual of Rejuvenation
Basically, a rejuvenation on someone else. If her allies are in a grave condition, she uses a prayer: "Nurse my loved ones to their strongest strength. Please, for troubles await us all!" This will allow up to three, extra points (of any category including at least one HP) to the victim. Brynja cannot use this on herself. Again, this must be used at the last resort since she will feel faint after the ritual. She can only use this once every two days and for one minute.
Grand Rejuvenation
[Requires the mortal body to be dead and/or unable to recite prayer] Sometimes, the time for the Valkyrie's mortality comes to a close. However, upon Brynja's death, her body will dissolve into a white, foggy mist. If Grand Rejuvenation does not go well, it will take her longer to return to Sunder. According to Sunder legends, the valkyries will lose their immortality and die if anyone touches their dead bodies. Of course, if she's a bloody mess... goodbye, honey!

{ S T A T I S T I C S{

Power

Dexterity

Agility

Constitution

Magic

Health

{ Did you kill at least one sentient, humanoid being?{

Indeed, she has, but not without a valid cause. Thus far, she's killed about six of them. Three of the ones she killed never received a good burial.

Last edited:
I have a habit of not going back to read the CSs of others to prevent accidental metagaming.

That's probably why I hadn't noticed before that Brynhildr is a hardcore badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.