Vampire Knight Manga

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
*was a kanayuki fan*
*is shot*
*leaves*

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
*blows the smoke away from the barrel gun*

I didn't think Vampire Knight was cheesy at all. It was a romance but had a serious side, as well. The vampires are what made it intriguing and with the vampires, because of what they are, I don't think Vampire Knight was cheesy at all, despite the fact that Yuuki was your cheerful,bossy, crazy cute protagonist, and Aidou was an enthusiastic, flirtatious, sexy vampire~

Each personality the vampires portrayed really gave a lot of depth and flavor to the manga. I was amazed at how Hino-sensei could portray so many different characters with completely different personalities and make them fit perfectly~

:| Okay. I don't want to be the guy who rains on everyone's parade, so I will try not to be that guy.

Vampire Knight had a lot of potential and some very interesting political intrigue. Unfortunately, I felt that was undermined by everything relating to Yuuki, Kaname, Zero, and the love triangle.

Also, correction about a couple things:

Kaname was
Yuuki's "ancestor"- her great-grandfather, I think- IN her blood brother's body. It was double-incest and honestly I felt like it was MORE creepy, not less for the fact that he was actually her ancestor in mind/spirit. And at least in the anime, their parents were blood siblings as well, so they were both children of incest. (I can't remember if this is the case in the manga.) According to Kaname, actual siblings marrying is not uncommon for pureblood vampires. However, even other vampires react to the revelation that Yuuki is his sister as if it is shocking.

Also, Zero and Yuuki
don't REALLY end up together in the manga. They are together almost entirely off-screen during the time skip and it feels like Yuuki only settles for him because Kaname is "dead". They have a child, but only after Yuuki has Kaname's kid first. Then Zero dies and Yuuki immediately goes to sacrifice herself so that Kaname can live.

It doesn't help that I absolutely hated Kaname and was very disappointed when he was not the villain despite all signs seeming to point that way. There were so many good points to the story that I can't enjoy because I feel punked. :/ It was really bad the way the anime cuts off and implies that
Zero kills himself. That pissed me off.

The anime had awesome music and very clean animation. That was cool. The art style wasn't my cup of tea but I got past that because everything looked so good. The political intrigue of vampire society was probably my favorite part, as well as some of the side characters. I wish the anime had focused more on some of them.

Kaname was
Yuuki's "ancestor"- her great-grandfather, I think- IN her blood brother's body. It was double-incest and honestly I felt like it was MORE creepy, not less for the fact that he was actually her ancestor in mind/spirit. And at least in the anime, their parents were blood siblings as well, so they were both children of incest. (I can't remember if this is the case in the manga.) According to Kaname, actual siblings marrying is not uncommon for pureblood vampires. However, even other vampires react to the revelation that Yuuki is his sister as if it is shocking.
I know Kaname was
Yuuki's ancestor. Where did you find out that Kaname the ancestor was in her blood brother's body? If I remember correctly, Yuuki's brother died, or at least it was made clear in the manga that her brother died.
Zero kills himself. That pissed me off.
O__O.... Where on earth did you read this/see this?

Maybe I'm misremembering or it was a bad translation. To be fair, it's been years since I touched it. Either way, I still felt like it was creepy and it's still
incest, just a few generations removed.

At the end of the last episode,
Zero is seen with his gun and then it cuts away and there's a gunshot. It wasn't explicitly stated but it seemed like that was what they wanted people to think considering his last conversation with Yuuki. I'm not saying it's what happened, just that the way it ended made me think it was. Which didn't help how I already was wondering why I'd just sat through the whole thing for basically nothing to have changed except Yuuki remembering who she was.

Maybe I'm misremembering or it was a bad translation. To be fair, it's been years since I touched it. Either way, I still felt like it was creepy and it's still
incest, just a few generations removed.
Ah, true, true. Yeah, I felt the same. It was really creepy to find out, even if it was normal to do so with Purebloods.
At the end of the last episode,
Zero is seen with his gun and then it cuts away and there's a gunshot. It wasn't explicitly stated but it seemed like that was what they wanted people to think considering his last conversation with Yuuki. I'm not saying it's what happened, just that the way it ended made me think it was. Which didn't help how I already was wondering why I'd just sat through the whole thing for basically nothing to have changed except Yuuki remembering who she was.
Huh, I don't even remember that part. It's been a few years since I've seen the anime, but in the manga it looked to be otherwise.