Vagabond

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Uuh.... I'd rather not go down there.." Tiana skittishly fluttered in front of Crystal, "Police cars mean bad stuff".

--------------------------------

"Uuh... ?", Fly had no idea what to say. "No...", it all seemed pretty bad, and his eyes were wandering around which seemed to make things worse.

"Alright, then. You stay here; I'm just going down for a moment to check on things," Crystal announced, and fluttered downward to get a better look at the situation. She landed on a nearby hand rail, which was placed quite near the ground.

By now, Noah was incredibly frustrated. Not only was he late for his assignment, but the convenient store that he planned to grab something to eat at was closed due to robbery. No breakfast today it seems, he disappointingly thought to himself. Since this raid wasn't his business, he wouldn't intrude on what was going on, but this didn't stop his curiosity from sprouting. Facing one of the investigators, "Who caused this?" he asked.

"We're not sure, though the clerk claims that a grey dinosaur fell through his roof," replied the investigator. "After some searching, we found that a large portion of the store's supplies was missing as well."

Crystal happened to be listening to this conversation at the moment, and nearly jumped back in surprise after hearing about this 'grey dinosaur'. There was only one dinosaur that she knew of: "Gem..." she muttered to herself. Was her other friend here as well? It seemed quite possible, and after all, the pterroct was incredibly loyal to the blue dragoness.

Likewise, Noah made a face that looked like: "Ooooh no..." This report sounded suspiciously similar to the encounters that he had earlier, and he began to wonder whether or not there were any more of these 'dragon' creatures roaming around. What's more, he heard a flash of a familiar voice nearby that said something like 'gem', and immediately recoiled. "Who said that??" he said to no one in particular, swiftly glancing around like a trapped animal. His gaze eventually locked on what the voice had come from: a lingering crow, and after moment of staring at it, he realized that is was wearing a white amulet. Wait... where has he seen that before?

--------------------

"Don't want to answer? Fine," Maggie retorted, sounding very annoyed. She went silent for a moment, figuring that her current approach probably wasn't the best way to get the two beings to talk. Letting out a sigh, "Look, I want to HELP you find your friends, and now that this information has been leaked, I can't allow either of you to go home until they are found. You know the rules, and I am obliged to follow them. I'm just doing my job."

Gem wasn't convinced. "Oh really? And how do I know you're not, well... bad?" She would be more than happy to find everyone and go home, but Maggie didn't seem like the kind of person that could be trusted, despite how nicely she was speaking.

"We all do bad things," the human female replied, her eyes slightly narrowing. "It just depends on why you do so." Feeling somewhat relieved with her answer, "Well, what do you two say? Are you going to let me help you?"

Tiana fluttered in place and watched as Crystal made her way down. Her eyes were locked on the transformed dragon, slowly creeping out. It's cold up here........... I hate this. Tiana kept on hovering above the crime scene. She let out a long, low pitched squeal, more and more paranoid thoughts created every second. She looked around, vast forests on one side and a city on the other. Nothing worth watching in sight, she became anxious, already tired of flying in place for so long. That's it, I can't take it anymore..., Tiana slowly began ascending down through the canopy. After a few seconds of slow gliding, she dove down and landed near Crystal, being pretty loud in the process. ''Graak!'', she loudly cawed at her friend. "Got anything yet?"

----------------------------------------------------

Fly was already pretty anxious about this. Dealing with sentient creatures wasn't really his thing. He just stared at the two beings in the room, not knowing what to say.
Eh, like she could help. There isn't a properly working portal way on Ornitea anyway.... They installed it just last week! Hm, wat could get us home.... Hm. Wait. Of course! But that means.............. Oh no.. Not her...... Fly made a weird expression for every thought he got ranging from 'deep in thought' to 'grumpy wet cat'.

Actually, yes," Crystal replied, somewhat surprised that her friend had come down here. "I overheard a conversation between two of the people, and I'm starting to think that Gem was here." This was wonderful news to her, regardless of the fact that she still had no idea where the Pterroct was.

Meanwhile, Noah just stared at the two talking crows with wide eyes. Am I going nuts? he thought, Birds don't talk, and these sound exactly like those two dragons back at the mountains! Squinting his eyes, he began to examine them more closely. They both wore a necklaces which looked very similar to the ones he previously saw, but the detail that gave it away was their eyes-- solid blue. Two crows with blue eyes? That didn't make sense.

"You..!" he exclaimed, pointing at the two 'birds'. The truth had finally dawned on his mind, and he felt both furious and awed.

--------------------

Gem frowned. "It's not that easy. Their kinda... lost," she admitted, her tone implying the deepest regrets. It wasn't my fault, she tried to reassure herself.

"I see..." Maggie replied, not showing the slightest bit of sympathy. Her gaze drifted over to Fly, who looked like he was having an emotional stroke. Looking confused, "Mr. Firehawk, are you alright..?" she questioned, feeling quite uncomfortable from this new reaction.

"GRAAK!", Tiana jumped back at Noah's call and fell backwards in a pile of leaves. She was convinced he couldn't hear them. "GODGANGIT!", She screeched, trying to get up. Great, now I've made noise and people are gonna go shooting at us!, Tiana thought it herself, starting to panic. She tried to get up from the pile of leaves, flapping around and quietly screeching. She tried not to yell, but she still made a lot of noise.

---------------------

"Huh??!", Fly snapped from his thought. He pictured a familiar face in his head, roaring at him with rage. "Huh, yeah, I'm fine, hehe..!" He awkwardly shrugged and looked at Maggie with sort of a scared yet funny face.

A few nearby people gave the grown man a funny look for talking to seemingly unresponsive crows, and for a moment it looked as if Noah would lunge at the two birds judging by the hysterical expression on his face. Instead, without taking his gaze off the duo, he slowly slipped backwards and eventually ran into his car, immediately speeding away.

"...Well," Crystal began, slowly emphasizing her first word, "We totally blew it." Fluttering downward, she landed beside Tiana in her piles of leaves and handed out one of her feet, offering to help her up. Rapidly glancing around to make sure nobody else was in earshot of their conversation, "I hate to admit this, but he's more than likely to get us in trouble by now," she announced to her squawking friend. "If we don't do something, we could be captured, or worse. What should we do? I don't want to, well... hurt the guy."

--------------------

"Uh-huh," Maggie acknowledged the green dragon's response, but didn't seem convinced thanks to his lasting strange expression. Deciding to give them a break from interrogation, "How about I give you two some time to talk about it amongst yourselves? This isn't an easy decision, after all." Not waiting for a response, she turned and walked out of the room, exiting behind the sliding door.

After Maggie left, Gem turned to face the direction of Fly's container with an exasperated look on her face. "I don't know about you, but I don't like the sound of either of those offers. Help her capture my friends, or be used as test subjects? Ugh..." She paused for a moment, "No, I'm not going to go with either of those options." This sounded like a silly answer, however, since it didn't seem like they had much of a choice. Wanting to gain a word from the vaguely unresponsive Fly, "Any bright ideas, Greeny? We could really use one."

When she realized the human was gone and the other men didn't do anything, Tiana stopped her struggling.
She let out an annoyed huff. Is she trying to rub it into my face?!, she grabbed her foot and pulled herself up, still with a grumpy and slightly embarrassed expression.
"Well I dunno! Should we just turn into little dragonflies and follow him again?! What will we do if we find out he's gonna turn us in anyway? Just slaughter him?! Probably not, judging by your last sentence."Tiana jumped around, swinging her wings in various directions."And why do you always ask me what to do?! You're older and stuff! I'm not saying you shouldn't, just...Ugh!" Out of words, Tiana turned her back to Crystal and lowered her head, feeling bad because of her outbreak.

------------------------

Still seeming a little scared, Fly finally responded: "I don't wanna be a test subject..", he lowered his head."But.. no.. I... I don't think I have any."
Fly looked away. This was a lie. He tried his best to hide it, but someone with the skill could probably notice it in his face. He knew of a solution. A pretty tricky one, but if managed it was a sure way out.

Crystal wasn't one to get mad very easily, but the combined force fromboth Tiana's verbal attack and the pressure from the situation was starting to make her crack. Narrowing here eyes, "Do you have a problem with that? You know how I feel about killing; it doesn't work!" she stated in a firm tone, clearly trying not to lose it. "And just so you know, I ask you because I can't decide, myself. Believe it or not, but I need your HELP." By now, her beak had formed into a bird's equivalent of a grimace, and she could only imagine the fiasco that would break out if things didn't settle down soon.

--------------------

Gem arched her scaly eyebrows for a moment before reverting back to her regular sullen expression. "Yeah, whatever..." she mumbled, trying to hide the fact that she wasn't very happy with Fly's answer. Plopping down, she began to bite at the chains on her feet, which were preventing her from getting too close to the glass windows. Whilst chewing, she began to brainstorm and daydream about escape plans, and wondered whether or not there was anything in this seemingly empty room to blow up. Maybe I will have to go along with Maggie's suggestion after all, she wistfully thought to herself.

Tiana turned her head around, giving Crystal an angry look:"I was being SARCASTIC. I pointed that our just after I said that! You think I could kill a human?!", She growled at the blue eyed crow with rage, almost getting in her face:"I can't even rip a fly's freaking wing off!"

----------------------

"Hmmmpf.", fly laid down on the titanium white floor of his chamber.
After some time of trying to whip up an escape plan that didn't involve his previous thoughts, a little gust of flame escaped his breath. "Hey Gem... Why don't you just like, melt those chains?!"

In the midst of the duo's quarrel, a few of the people began to glance and point at the two birds' way, as if just beginning to realize that there was something suspicious going on. Their voices had been raising while arguing, and those nearby had heard some of the words spoken, or so they thought. After all, talking birds was a hard thing to believe.

Crystal jumped backward after having her personal space invaded by that of her friend, though a slight wave of relief soon swept over her mind after hearing that Tiana was simply being sarcastic. How could she miss something as obvious as that? "I, uh..." she stammered, "...I'm sorry," the dragoness apologized, slightly cringing from her previous accusations.

--------------------

Gem raised a claw and opened her mouth as if to respond, but no words come out. How could I not think of that? Embarrassing! she thought to herself, both surprised and slightly mortified that the green dragon had thought better than her. "That's actually a pretty good idea," she admitted unwillingly. "I don't know if it'll work since, you know, my fire tends to explode and I want to keep my feet intact, but I'll give it a try." A glowing yellow light began to form from inside of her jaws, sending forth a spray of molten sparks that looked a lot more like lava than actual fire. The sparks clashed against the chains with a hot hissing sound, turning the metal slightly orange. A few of the sparks exploded here and there, which in turn helped melt the chains into silver mush. Soon enough, the Pterroct was free from her metallic prison. "Wha-? It actually worked!" Gem exclaimed, flexing her newly freed talons.

''It's ok.", Tiana squawked with a monotone voice while bobbing her head, still sounding slightly annoyed. She was still ignoring the fact that Crystal actually needed her help. Nobody ever needed her help.
"So....... What nao?", Tiana looked up at Crystal:"Do we still follow him? I'm kinda tired".

--------------------------------
"Woah, awesomesauce!", Fly exclaimed and stood up, leaning on the glass of his chamber. "Can you try getting out without making a lotta noise?"

Crystal looked down, as if silently debating with herself. "...No," she answered, "We'll just let Noah go for now." Her sullen friend had a point-- what would they do if they caught up to the human male, anyways? After all, neither of them were capable of much devious actions. Lowering her voice, "This probably isn't the best place to lay out in our dragonic forms, considering that it's swarming with apprehensive people," she began, "However, the city isn't too far from here, and it's bound to have an empty building or two. Let's make our way over there and find a place to settle in," the neckied crow decided, agreeing with Tiana's previous remark about gaining some rest.

--------------------

"Nope," Gem replied, though she sounded a little too happy about it. Moving over to the front window pane, she lifted up one of her feet and kicked it flat with the palm of her talons. Various cracks appeared spread across the shield due to the impact, so she kicked it once more. By the time the third hit had landed, the glass pane shattered and the Pterroct leapt out of her prison. "Hold on Fly. I'm goin' to get you outta there!" Gem announced and began to swing once more, but this time at Fly's container. "Just one more hit oughtta do it... and--! Yep, there we go." The glass shattered, freeing Fly from his cage as well.

''Okeh," Tiana sticked her tongue out. She didn't really like the idea of going into a city full of people, but then again what could happen if someone found them? It's not like they could do anything to two dragons. She jumped and fluttered in front of Crystal: "So.. Are we going?".

---------------------

"Cool. Now we just need a plan to get our butts outta here," Fly grinned at Gem:"Oh and also I need to get this off". He pulled on his leg cuff, trying to open it.

"Of course, so let's get going!" Crystal agreed, looking a bit too happy about it. Besides, she was beginning to notice the funny looks that were being thrown at them, so they probably couldn't stay here for much longer. Spreading her dark wings, she took flight into the air and soared upwards, using any nearby wind currents to help with elevation. Throughout the flight, she had mostly recovered from her previous mood except for the occasional ting of guilt that passed through her mind.

i-33-1603_denver-wp1.jpg
Within 15 minutes or so of air travel, the neckied crow was hovering right above Denver. It was quite a sight to behold up close, with majestic architecture and a landscape dotted with leafy trees. "This actually looks like a pretty nice place," Crystal admitted, who was fairly impressed. Hovering, she began to scan the area for any deserted-looking areas and eventually spotted what looked like an old building with an abandoned construction set nearby. Her gaze evaluated the area for a moment, "Hey, check it out! That looks like a good place to nest," she announced, drifting downwards toward the musty set.

--------------------

"Yeah, ok," Gem acknowledged at Fly's request, and stepped into his case with him. "You said you were a fire elemental, right? Ok, this shouldn't hurt too much," she announced though somewhat muttering, and began to zap at the chains once more. Liquified yellow fire gushed from her beak, and soon enough the chains melted and snapped off the green dragon's limbs.

"Alright, so escape plans," Gem stepped out after freeing the greeny and began to think aloud: "The door? I dunno... where does that even go? Hmm, how about the wall? Maybe, but that thing looks like it's made of solid metal." Walking up to the wall, she tapped at it with one of her forefingers; this was as close as the Pterroct got at being tactical. "Though we could probably break through if--" However, her sentence was cut off as security alarms blazed to life all throughout the room.

"Uuh, sure..," Tiana followed Crystal. "Whatever you say I guess..."
Again, she wasn't too happy about settling near humans. Still... If she is with Crystal, what could happen anyway?

------------------------------------

"Aw naw man!", Fly shouted in dissapointment. "What now? WHAT NOW?!!?!", He turned to Gem.

Landing on the nearest ledge, Crystal hopped through a broken window with little bird jumps and into the expanse inside. It was definitely abandoned by the looks of it, around three stories high and dotted with various pieces of dusty furniture, including one dining table and a few sofas among other things. Rays of sunshine poured through the shattered windows, providing a decent light source. "Yes, this place could work," Crystal said to no one in particular, who then transformed back into a reptile. The dragoness sighed with relief after looking down at her cyan body-- she was more than happy to be back in her natural form.

"I'm just going to relax for awhile..." she announced after a moment and plopped down on the nearest sofa, which was light green in color. It wasn't quite big enough for all of her body, but Crystal didn't care-- this was the most comfortable thing she had rested on for days. Closing here eyes, she placed her head on her paws and took a deep breath of relief. Without opening her eyes, "Tiana, do you have anything to eat in that bag of yours?"

--------------------

"Awww, no! Noo!" Gem moaned at the start of the alarms. Soon enough, a few security officers poured into the room along with Maggie, who looked undoubtedly furious. This time, however, the security were holding a different weapon of sorts, though the pterroct couldn't really tell what they were. Gazing across the room, her expression hardened at the sight of the human female, who Gem had begun to really despise. "I'll tell you what we do, we battle these suckers!" she screeched in response to Fly's last question.

"What the-?! GET THEM!" Maggie commanded, and pointed at the two loose creatures. She was undoubtedly furious, and hadn't expected either of them to be up and about when she got back. The security unsheathed their weapons, which now looked much like a glowing crowbar of some sort, and began to swing at the escapees, trying to stun them. However, Gem landed the first hit, blasting yet another fireball in the direction of their attackers which scattered them backwards and singed Maggie's hair, much to her dismay.

Tiana followed Crystal through the window and fluttered down to the floor.
"Yeah.... About that..", Tiana looked around, realizing her bag wasn't there. ''I think I left it back at the shack... Yeaahhh.. Sorry." she shrugged, having a bit of a bummed look on her face.

-------------------------

"What the-", Fly turned toward the security guards that just burst in.
"But.. I can't attack humans!", He dodged an attack of a guard."Still... I gotta.. GYAAAAAAAAAHHHH!", she shouted as he made the decision to charge toward the attackers. Half-way there, he jumped and swung his tail in mid-air, sending three of the officers flying toward the wall.
Fly growled and charged toward a group of guards, trying to ram them.

Crystal muttered something under her breath that sounded a lot like, "Great..." though this was obviously sarcastic. The dragoness had a bad reputation for becoming irritable when hungry, and it didn't help that no food meant no flight and no powers, at least when in dragon form. This somewhat disheartened her; she was very dependent on her powers, and looked forward to flying around this new area when nightfall came.

"Uh... ladies?" a familiar voice spoke from Tiana's mic, "I couldn't help but, uhh... eavesdrop on your conversation. Don't be mad at me, though!" Vector quickly apologized. "Anyways, you're having a supply problem? Not surprised; that's one of the main reasons that the early dragon settlers left--"

"Just hurry up and say what you want," Crystal snapped, her bad mood slowly starting to show.

"Geez, alright! Alright!" Vector gave in, clearly annoyed. "Point is, you're probably going to have a hard time finding fresh food and water around here, though I might be able to help. The portal device here may not be finished yet, but it can still briefly send items to the other side before closing, just like what happened to you two. I just need to modify it to where I can actually send things to a preselected destination," the yellow dragon offered.

--------------------

Swinging her barbed tail, Gem knocked one of the security guards into the the other, who both fell flat on their backs. They both slowly receded away from the rampaging dino in hopes of not being squashed, and two other guards stepped in to take their place. Glaring at her new opponents, the pterroct opened her mouth and sent forth yet another spray of fire, singing one of the attackers whilst the other nimbly dodged out of the way and struck at her with his glowing rod. It stung upon impact, puncturing though her scales and sending a small jolt of lightning throughout her body. Screeching, Gem whirled over and smacked the guard out of the way, grabbing a hold on his weapon in the process. Suddenly, an idea had shifted through her mind...

"Fly, can ya hold them off for a little longer?" The pterroct questioned, "I might have an idea!" She was amazed with all the strange concepts that her usually simple-minded head was coming up with lately, and this was no exception.

"Then why don't you just contact us when you do it?", Tiana asked, still in her corvid form. "I gotta get that bag anyway. All of my stuff's in it!"

----------------------------------------------

Fly rammed into one of the guards and smashed him against the wall of the chamber. "Sure I guess," He dodged another rod. He then jumped in front of the whole group. Bright, red flames began escaping from his jaw, having the officers and Maggie cornered.

"Alright, then. Goodluck with you bag problem, because that's one thing that I can't fix," the yellow dragon replied, who then stepped away from his mic in the desk area. He maneuvered his way over to the portal device and crouched down, crawling under its platform to gain access to the controls underneath. Plopping down onto his back and pulling out his glasses, Vector began to tweak at the wires and such located above.

"So, what are you going to do about your bag problem?" Crystal questioned her feathered friend. "A flight there and back again might take... eh, around 30 minutes or so depending on which kind of animal you're using." She stopped for a moment-- a new thought had crossed her mind: Was it really a good idea to become separated again? Going against her better judgement, "Oh, and if you're going back out, could you grab me some fruit or something? I don't know how long Vector is going to take with his tweaking and all, and I really need to get something soon" the dragoness pleaded.

--------------------

Many of the cornered guards, realizing that they're hopelessly overpowered by the green dragon, dropped their rods and held up their arms in surrender, whilst the remainder simply held their rods close their self as if unsure of how to handle the threat of being cornered. Maggie, on the other hand, held up two fingers in a horizontal position as if pointing at the greeny. "Cowards!" she began to scold the security, "Why would you put your only defenses down?! They're more bark than bite!" she tried to explain, but the guards didn't move their position.

Gem, who was now free from having to deal with any more security, rushed over to the nearest wall and began to torch it with her fire breath whilst still holding the rod weapon. A small, charred dent appeared on the surface where the wall was being heated, and she shoved the pointy end of the rod into the crevice. If this rod thing is technology, then it should still have the same effect if I use telekinesis on it, the pterroct thought to herself, feeling somewhat unsure about her decision. The topaz on her forehead began to glow she aimed its power toward the fastened weapon-- it indeed was a form of tech and blew up, creating a sizable hole in the metallic wall, and though this new exit was the outside world. "Greeny, it worked!" Gem shrieked with delight. "Switch places! You get out of here; I'll hold 'em off now."

Status
Not open for further replies.