Uprising! Warszawa, walcz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mako Torriblaidd

Original poster
Do you remember when, when the Nazis forced their rule on Poland?

Join the resistance?

A brief overview of the resistance.

This is a play that will take place around the area of Warsaw, Poland, during world war II. You will take the role of a resistance fighter, one of the many working day and night to subvert the Nazi plans for the city. As your humble game master I will be playing your Lieutenant, directing our missions! Expect there to be a lot of violence, a lot of blood, and the mention of some of the darker things done by the Nazi's in the war. Feel free to form relationships and the like but do keep it outside the play for the most part, no need mucking things up with a full blown romance.

A brief character sheet is all that I require:

Name:
Sex:
Weapons:
Brief history:

Name: Dariusz Prawdzik
Sex: Male
Appearance:
jedwabne02.jpg
Weapons: Mors submachine gun and a TT-30
Brief history: Dariusz had served in a lancer brigade at the beginning of the war, though the unit saw little combat due to their method of war. When the army collapsed as Germany took hold he returned home, finding Warsaw already under the iron grip of the Nazis. Unable to sit back and accept defeat he sought out the underground, proving his worth as a competent commander of raids on German supply lines. He was soon in charge of his own make shift brigade, seeking to make life hell for the occupying forces.

Name: Lanaeus Pultz
Nationality: Greek/American
Appearance:
Weapons: German grenades [x3], AmericanM1 Garand rifle, American Colt .45
Brief history: Grew up in American with his Greek family; war started, he headed out. Landed in Poland to reinforce; his unit was the only one that kept their line, and Germans swarmed past all other platoons around them. They became stuck behind enemy lines; they integrated with the local resistance, most of them dying in the process of getting to them.

this is touching a very deep thing right here. but Ill join.

tumblr_mwhbex41Eg1rhn1ero1_500.jpg

Name: Alice Victoria Morningrise
Sex: Female
Nationality: Russian
Weapons: pistol and MSRP
Brief history: Alice's worked in the Soviet Union till she was order to move and help on if the Polish in the beginning and ended up helping the resistance in the end when France fell. she always believed in the right thing to do. but sometimes the right thing to do means blood shade and pain. how she meet them was through war her unit was killed and she was the last serving solder of her unit. She new revange was something made up but she wanted it. for her friends and conrads

Last edited by a moderator:
Both accepted... waiting on one more to post a char sheet before we begin.

731px-Warsaw_Uprising_-_Roman_Marchel.jpg

Name: Constantine Petrakis
Weapons: a Błyskawica, Which was often used in the resistance
Brief history: Constantine was living in poland at the time, He had moved from his greek family into the area to have a new life but had not realized how bad it would become. As living in poland had changed dramatically, He immediately took the side of the Resistance to fight against this uprising and to put himself to use. making koulourakia and selling it wasn't doing him to well, so it was the best idea at the time.

Name: Dariusz Prawdzik
Appearance:
jedwabne02.jpg
Weapons: Mors submachine gun and a TT-30
Brief history: Dariusz had served in a lancer brigade at the beginning of the war, though the unit saw little combat due to their method of war. When the army collapsed as Germany took hold he returned home, finding Warsaw already under the iron grip of the Nazis. Unable to sit back and accept defeat he sought out the underground, proving his worth as a competent commander of raids on German supply lines. He was soon in charge of his own make shift brigade, seeking to make life hell for the occupying forces.

Name: Alfons Prawdzik

Appearance:
Zdzis%C5%82aw_de_Ville.jpg

Weaponry:

1. Browning wz.1928
  • Browning wz.1928 is a Polish version of the M1918 BAR. It was a light machine gun used by the Poles in World War II. Fires a 7.92x57 Mauser round. (Third from the left.) While the American version shot .30-06 Springfield. (Second from the left.)
  1. Vis Pistol
  • Often referred to as the Radom in English sources, is a 9 mm caliber, single-action, semi-automatic pistol. Adopted in 1935 as the standard for the Polish Army. Considered by many to be one of the finest handguns ever produced, it is highly prized among collectors of firearms collectors now days.
Brief History: Hidden behind the spotlight that shines on Dariusz Prawdzik, is a young more quiet man. Alfons Pradzik. Alfons doesn't have the drive his brother has, in fact, most would or could see him as being too 'sheepish' to fill the role of a soldier and it has been noticed on more than a few occasions when things got turbulent he locked up simply because he was too scared. The most embarrassing and painful for him, was when their father died because he couldn't initially bring himself to morally justify one death for another, and the enemy didn't quite share that dilemma. He's afraid of his brother, even going so far as to hardly look him in the face let alone the eyes. And it's not because he's been bullied or trampled by Dariusz, it was because Dariusz held a commanding presence about him. He was a decorated veteran and already a well established soldier with training. Alfons merely learned as he went, but he did in truth try to reciprocate that.

He blames himself vehemently for their father's death. Which, was his fault due to his in action, but the action he needed to take went against his original nature. That of a kind, loving and hospitable young man. He's adamant about the fact that if he were more like Dariusz, he could have fired back and their father would still be around. He can't help but feel jealous of his brother, but he loves him as well. He listens and hangs onto every word said as they continue to fight this occupation.

5.jpg

Name: Frank Forrester
Nation: German American
Weapons: Thompson Submachine Gun and a Colt M1911
Brief history:
Born in Berlin, towards the beginning of WW1 , Frank grew up strictly in a butcher shop with his two parents. Frank's parents moved to the U.S to start a new life and leave the chaotic Germany after WW1. Doing so, Frank grew up a German American, and was picked on for being German. Growing up and getting into fights, Frank turned to be a hardened young man, but soon grew to respect all races. Soon after his 24th birthday, he moved to Poland to start a new life outside the life of a butchery, but soon the war started and Frank tried to sign up with the U.S army, but in the confusion of the new war, was denied. Instead of just riding the war out, Frank joined the Resistance.​

Sweet! Since you've already issued orders, where do you want me to be?

I hope my post was satisfactory. ^^;

Hope it isn't to late to join!
russian_female_soldier_8__ww2_by_uniformfan-d5r4kfv-1.jpg

Name:
Sarah Grey
Sex:
Female
Weapons:
Springfield M1903(With Scope)

Beretta 1915
Brief history:
Sarah joined the resistance after her American father went to the war. Unable to join the army as a soldier, Sarah soon flew to Poland, days before Warsaw was overtaken. Seeking to join the resistance to help her father against the Nazi army, and return the world to it's natural state.

Satisfactory? My god it was awesome!

@Mako Torriblaidd

Really? I wanted it to get the tension high as well as let the characters know what they were truly dealing with. Panzer IV ( Panzerkampfwagen IV (Pz.Kpfw. IV) were the main stay of the German army. They had 8,553 built between 1936–45. That might not seem as much as the American Sherman which had 49,234 built from 1941 through 45'. Or the infamous Russian T-34 produced in 1940 on wards to 1958 which was an as astonishing 84,070 tanks. In-comparison, America has little over 9000 M1 Abrams to date.

So I felt dealing with an all purpose tank would terrify him. Although, it will be discovered that he saw a Panther tank. Arguably the best tank in the war. Tigers are massive. Our tanks couldn't get near it. Its 88 derived from a flack cannon meant to shoot high altitude bombers could hit us as at 2 miles away and leave a basketball sized hole in the hull of a tank. (Sherman Tanks, M10, M18, Even Pershings on occasion.)

@Mako Torriblaidd

I would like to ask something, though, please do not take this as an attack on you or characters. I realize this is not my call to make I'm simply trying to clarify a couple of of points.

1. The Polish resistance fought against Nazi's AND Communists, because Russia and Germany were going to divide up Poland and and west would go to Germany,anything east would belong to Germany. So if she went AGAINST her duties she'd be shot on sight because Stalin enacted such forced loyalty.

2. Americans. Why are a Americans here when they didn't start fighting until 1941 when another Axis Power--Japan, bombed Pearl. Up till then they were just supplying the French, British, Australians, etc. So there really should not be Russians OR Americans in the group. Especially since Warsaw was invaded in 1939--the START of World War II. The Russians retaliated after Operation Barbarossa Which began June 22nd of 1941.
Again, I mean no condescension towards my fellow players. I just find it odd that Russians and Americans aren't even in the war yet, are already here rather than French or British which were the one to actually declare war on Germany. Which by the way, bombed their own encampments just do they COULD occupy Poland saying it was extremists.

Right now I'm more than happy to have people join... accuracy is something we can address through story...

Right now let's figure out how to kill a convoy.

Of course you're accepted Fear Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.