Unreasonable fears?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about beetles. Pretty sure I hate praying mantises too...

Reactions: Hana
I have a lot of unreasonable fears. The most ridiculous of them all, I'd say, is my fear of spiders. It's connected to a pair of traumatic events that need discussion in a therapy session. >__>; They're smaller than I am, and more afraid of me than I am of them I'm sure. Yet, I cower at the sight of them. If it's up to me to kill one, I get the biggest shoe I can find so I can keep as much distance between us as possible. Once I see a spider, I lose all my composure. And then I will be afraid to exist until the anxiety goes away. :D

I have a lot of unreasonable fears. The most ridiculous of them all, I'd say, is my fear of spiders. It's connected to a pair of traumatic events that need discussion in a therapy session. >__>; They're smaller than I am, and more afraid of me than I am of them I'm sure. Yet, I cower at the sight of them. If it's up to me to kill one, I get the biggest shoe I can find so I can keep as much distance between us as possible. Once I see a spider, I lose all my composure. And then I will be afraid to exist until the anxiety goes away. :D
The worst part about seeing a spider is losing sight of it shortly afterwards, at that point I'd just move out of the house.

Clowns. My favorite horror movie was It when I was little and it would always play on my birthday for some reason.

Also: being alone in hospitals. I was a sickly kid when I was little. Had to have lots of tests and not fun stuff done to Me. To this day if I have to go- someone is coming with me.

I saw this topic earlier but wasn't sure what to reply with.

Seeing an awful lot of reasonable fears here. Looks like folks missed the title?
Heights, speed, insects, snakes, etc. Those are all reasonable and built into your human brain to keep you safe. Instinct and stuff.

My unreasonable fear?

Loud toilets.

The ones in public places that empty really fast and sound like a hurricane. They kinda fill me with dread and make me want to cover my ears because the sound frightens me a bit. When I clean the fourty or so at work at night I have to wear earbuds to flush them because it unnerves me.

Roller coasters. Fucking Roller Coasters. I get anxious even thinking about getting on one. It's unreasonable because it's pretty much the only freaking thing I'm scared of. I've been on planes, ferries, rock climbed/abseiled on real cliffs, jumped off waterfalls and done/been apart of a whole load of other stupid and dangerous crap. I'm cool as a cucumber through all of them (including a couple of life and death ones), but something about roller coasters gets to me.

My one theory is that it's the complete lack of control. I feel better about planes and everything else because if something goes wrong then there's some shit I can do, even if it is completely ridiculous/illusionary like trying to fly a falling plane. There's something. Ain't no back up plan for a roller coaster fucking up that I can see. Still, it's a stupid fear for someone who's typically calm and rational in most every situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hatsune Candy
The Little Vampire. I hated that movie when I was a kid and I have no idea why. It was not even the cows that scared me. It was the kid. I just can't explain this one >.> Also Edward Scissorhands. *shudders* He just scares the crap out of me. I have never seen the movie but isn't the point of it that he was lonely and sad that no one wanted to be around him or something? If so, point not taken.

Deep, dark water. Thank you Jeremy Wade -_- Now it is not only the deep, darkness that scares me but what might be lurking in there.
That may seem reasonable but it is unreasonable to be scared of water in video games.
Being able to swim without having to worry about drowning? Great!
Having to swim with a time limit..yeah. I can't even finish some video games because of this.

Fuck this planet. Fuck this shit. Fuck that. Fuck everything.

I've managed to deal with my arachnophobia for tiny spiders mosquito-eating spiders. I can sort of tolerate them. If you give me anything larger than my thumb however, I will instinctively genocide it. I will stab it, I will crush it, I will burn it--anything to ensure it is deader than dead, a thousand times over.

Yet, at the same time, I have a morbid fascination with spiders and their behaviours. So I don't hate them. I really don't. They're honestly very neat creatures.

I'm just fucking terrified of them. I deal with terror by murdering things. Okay? Okay. Good. Now keep your pet tarantula far, far away from me.

Oh my god, how the fuck did I forget?

Leopord_Seal.jpg

That fucking seal from Pingu. I can't believe they put that thing in a kid's show. Fuck. The entire episode, Pingu's Nightmare or wtf they called it, scared me shitless.

And it's still terrifying to watch. I need to sit down, that thing still weird me out. Just LOOK at it, for Christ's sake.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Irrational fears?

Vaccines.

hurrdurr i did an edgy

Oh my god, how the fuck did I forget?

Leopord_Seal.jpg

That fucking seal from Pingu. I can't believe they put that thing in a kid's show. Fuck. The entire episode, Pingu's Nightmare or wtf they called it, scared me shitless.

And it's still terrifying to watch. I need to sit down, that thing still weird me out. Just LOOK at it, for Christ's sake.
THAT.

THAT THING.

I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT IT.

The worst part is how it laughs... Oh god, the laugh...

That and this thing

caliban.gif

messed up my childhood pretty bad.

THAT.

THAT THING.

I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT IT.

The worst part is how it laughs... Oh god, the laugh...

That and this thing

caliban.gif

messed up my childhood pretty bad.
Glad I'm not the one one that's terrified of that damn seal. XD

There's also Mårran. The fact that she just stood there all night and STARED is creepy enough, but as a wee lad her entire apparition scared the shit out of me.

hqdefault.jpg

I mean come on.

Glad I'm not the one one that's terrified of that damn seal. XD

There's also Mårran. The fact that she just stood there all night and STARED is creepy enough, but as a wee lad her entire apparition scared the shit out of me.

hqdefault.jpg

I mean come on.
Mårran scared the crap out of me as a kid... <_>

But nowadays I just feel sad for her :( She's pretty much an embodiment of loneliness.

Mårran scared the crap out of me as a kid... <_>

But nowadays I just feel sad for her :( She's pretty much an embodiment of loneliness.
Yeah, she's become one of my favorite characters because of that. She's just really sad, yet scary. So many Mårran feels, omg.

Reactions: Lady B

hqdefault.jpg

I mean come on.
I liked Mårran as a kid o.O Am I the only one? :o But I was the kid that laughed at everything that happened in Courage the cowardly dog, so I guess my brain always been a bit messed up :D

Spiders. I don't care how large they are, I'm petrified to even see one. Which usually results in screaming hysterics for the hubby to kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.