Unlikely Circumstances

The dark shadow in the corner of the cell shifted. He turned his eyes up to her, but it wasn't the innocent boy she remembered. His eyes had lost their lightness. Instead, there was a darkness that couldn't be measured. He growled at her and sprang at the door. His eyes were crazed, his hair grown out now made him seem even more mad.

"Release me at once, you hybrid filth! I have done none of these crimes you claim! I am a warrior of the Wolves, and I will not be kept in a cage like some filthy Drede mistake!" He roared in her face.

A guard came over and banged on the cell door, "Quiet in there! I'm sorry, we had to lock him up a few months back. He just went nuts. It started with headaches and the next thing we know, he was tearing people apart. He seems to think that he's a wolf warrior, but his form is so obviously Drede....."

She shakes her head, "I will take him back with me. This one has been through hell and back. Give me the keys" she looks at him tenderness in her eyes, "you know I am capable of handling him" She reaches through not scared or concerned of him and strokes his cheek, "filthy drede mistakes saved your life Youdai, I will get you out of this cage, but you will never escape the one you are in now if you continue at this right"

She looks him over sorrowfully but she was more then capable of keeping him prisoner in her home with necessary. For some reason she just could not let this hybrid go.. she certainly couldn't let him rot here

He looked at her, not knowing her at all. The facial structure was the same, but the soul was different. He moved differently, spoke differently, and thought differently. Someone or something had flipped the switch again.
"I can't let him out of the cage. Until morning, he's here. You can talk to him through the bars, but I can't justify letting this.... thing loose on the streets." the guard said.

She growls, " do you know who I am? I saved your quaint little colony and if anyone can handle a hunter its me. Do you really want me to take this over your head? Your whole colony owes me this. I will take this man home with me. Go check with your superiors, I will wait here with him" she looks at Youdai gently and she runs her hand down his chest, "This will be twice I save you. You're not leaving my house this time. Not until we can figure out what is wrong with you... I think... I know why you are so confused... I have a theory about you Youdai. I have thought of you a lot since you left."

She feels the chains as her hand continues running down him and she growls and he can immediatly see how angry she is, " You chained him up? You chained up a hunter? Are you our of your fucking mind?! You don't chain up a hunter! It causes relapse, it makes them remember what its like to be drede slaves, did you muzzle him too? No you don't answer me, Youdai, did they muzzle you? Tell me what happened"

"Why do you continue to call me Youdai? My name is Halden. Where are my people? Where have you taken them?" He only became more upset by the minute, fighting against the chains. The foundation started to come loose.

She growls so angry with this situation and merely just rips the door off his cage disgusted with this whole situation, "Haiden, " she grabs his collar her eyes meeting his, "you swore to me you would never forget me, you asked me to name you. I carried you through the forest, I fed you, and right now you need to calm down so I can help you, you want to find your people? We will go and find them. They are not here. The Fey do not dwell in these parts" she takes his hand her eyes locking onto his, "I will take these chains off of you if you calm down. Then we will leave."

he leapt from the cage, pinning her to the ground.
"Why are they not here?! The great warriors of the wolf were everywhere when I was amongst them! They left no leaf unturned by their great paws. No injustice was left without retribution! Where are they?! I don't feel them, I don't smell them.... It's as if they have been wiped off the face of the forest all together!" he growled.

She sighs yanking his chains thus tugging him off of her, "I do not know how to answer your question, I am new to this area. I travel often... as I must. Now calm down, I would like to make it home by nightfall and you are coming with me"

He pulled on the chain, yanking her forwards. This was not the kind boy of her memory. He was angry, furious even. He wasn't sure why he was here, but the last memory he had before he woke up in this place had not been anywhere near this god forsaken place.
He remembered the smell of rotting wood after a cool rain. The mist that always came after the shower always felt good when it collected on his nose. So thick and heavy that it made him want to lie down and sleep in the welcoming moss with his mate. So taken with the moment, he had forgotten that she was waiting for him, his newborn pups barely able to stand on their own, in his corner of the den. He had to find them food before nightfall. Dredes were becoming more aggressive in the area as of late and as soon as his pups could walk, he was taking his family away. He trotted over to his comrades, hanging his head down to catch any scents that might lead him to a meal. He brushed noses with the alpha, recognizing him as the superior, being the beta of the pack, it was necessary to understand the power infrastructure. It could be seen by how they held their tails, the alphas was so high up that it curled towards his head a little bit. The alpha accepted his sign of submission, his deep brown eyes getting old with his years. The alpha's fur was a smooth white, speckled with gray, like a phantom in the mist, so like his name, Ghost.

Ghost was too old for many things now, but the pack took care of him. He was still the leader of the warriors here. Halden was the next in line by poor luck on Ghost's part. Dredes had killed the previous beta, Ghost's most capable son Phantom. Ghost's other pups had been taken by Dredes or died of hunger last winter when food was scarce. Ghost's mate died saving his other pups and any female he had tried to mate with had no luck with new pups. Even if they had, Halden doubted that the pups would have enough time to grow before their father had died. Ghost trotted off with the others, leaving Halden behind. Halden was expected, like everyone else, to howl when they found food. So he put his nose in the wet earth and searched for a reason to use his voice.

He searched and searched, his muscles aching from being hunched over. There was a lot of smaller prey today. Little rabbits, rodents, and weasels, but nothing of note yet. Then, he smelled rich blood, blood of deer. He trotted towards it, no longer needing to keep his nose to the ground. And all the sudden, there it was, a deer leg hanging from a tree. He let out a short howl, alerting the pack of an easy meal. He heard their cries together as they collected to meet him.

He shook his head clear, not wanting to remember more. He met the eyes of Inara, the stranger that was trying to get him out of this cell and into another. No thank you. He needed to find his pups, his mate, his pack. He showed his fangs, but he remembered that he did not have them. Embarrassed by his lack of fur, claw, and tooth, he turned his head away. His eyes were made of gold, reflecting the light of the cell better than the lights themselves.

She arches a brow at him, "it appears as tho your fey half is remembering your past. Strange that your Drede half liked me. Better. I'm not going to cage you. I'm going to take you home, then you're gonna be fed and bathed. We will look for your pack tomorrow" she sighs knowing they are all probably dead but it was the best she could do