Unlikely Circumstances

"Some hybrids.... I tried to hunt them but I was so weak from lack of food and sleep they easily over powered me.. I thought they would surely kill me, I after all, had brought so many of them into death or a similar fate to mine but instead they caged me, gave me food, found the control device and they zapped it off just as I did yours. I was mad with pain, I tried to kill them for days, weeks, it took me months to be strong enough to walk, to gain the weight back I needed to survive on my own again... you appear to have lost the memories you held as a hunter, you are very lucky. I will hold mine forever. It is a heavy weight to bear.... your name is not known to me. I suggest you make yourself one as I did for myself. The Fey I once was died when she stepped into that trap years ago." Her golden eyes flash sharply at the memory and indeed she has scars on her had from stepping into an iron trap as a child. The event that changed her whole life, the Dredes had gotten much fancier then metal traps these days.

She glanced over at him and felt a twang of sadness for his confusion but she also understood that the lack of memory is the very reason that he retained his sanity, sanity she herself was barely clinging on to.

He seemed bewildered, lost in himself as surely as if he had been holding himself under water to drown himself. He sank down, folding his arms as if he were a dog and placing his head down onto it. He perked a moment.
"Why don't you name me?" he asked happily.

She arches a brow looking at him, " I am not.... the most creative. If I name you it would probably something you wouldn't like... like Teal" she says this as she looks at the color of his tattoo truly just grabbing for something, " once you have a name you can go to the hybrid colony. They will give you a job, a home, a chance at a real life. The colony is hard to find but since I know its location you will be fine." She looks at the attractive hybrid and doesn't want him wasting out here. She always has been a loner and since h cannot remember being a hunter then his sanity was intact. She stayed away from the colony in efforts to protect them, not only from other hunters but from herself. She wouldn't know how to help him if she tried.

"Then why don't you name me after something that happens in the future? Or something that I remind you of?" He smiled, more hopeful than before.

Then he thought about going to this colony she spoke of, and it bothered him. This meant that he would know no one there. He didn't even know anyone except Inara now. How would others treat him? Would they whip him as Inara had described? He didn't like the turn of his thoughts and dove under the water, the outside world not mattering there.

She watches him for a moment and smiles, he really liked water. "Youdai then, it means ocean. For your love of water." She picks up her clothes putting them on and begins to draw him an easy to read map so he can find the colony easily. She didn't want him to get lost, he is just so innocent... hopefully he wouldn't be too trusting of strangers, maybe she had some money or clothing he could wear... she could at least try and find pants of some sort for him.... scavenging is always an option... she bites her bottom lip in thought not noticing that she bit it hard enough to draw blood.

He looked at her, tilting his head to the side in utter curiosity at what she was drawing.
"What's that?" he asked, his eyes wide in wonder.

Out of nowhere, there was a howl in the distance. Youdai's head snapped to the sound instantly and his eyes dilated. As if in a trance, he howled back, long and sad. His skin shifted, like a ripple of water over it as fur sprouted from underneath. His face stretched, a muzzle forming, and a tail, and claws. His howl became deeper, more masculine.

She blinks not sure what to do but her earlier question about the Fey that he was had been answered, wolf. Would he still need this map if he had a pack? She shrugs, "it's a map to the colony" she isn't sure what to do now so she just waits for him to go back to normal.

Like someone had switched a light, he was back in his former Drede body. He cocked his head to the side, "What?"
The change had been instant. He had switched between wolf Fey and Drede. This must have been why he appeared as he had when the collar was on him. Without that collar, he could flip between forms at any point in time. Obviously they hadn't figured out how to control it or else they wouldn't have put the collar on him. That meant that the blue stuff was a sort of anti-catalyst to prevent the change. Why this one? What secrets did he hold inside those yellow, wolfish eyes?

" It is a map, it will take you to the colony. You can head there tomorrow. I don't want to send you into society like this..." her eyes follow down him resting between his legs before she looks back up, " we will scavenge. I am sure there are a pair of pants around here somewhere for you to wear." She hated to admit it but her constant lonlieness had led her to becoming attached to this strange hybrid, she didn't want him to stay too long or she would never allow him to leave her side

Instantly, he was embarrassed and covered his nakedness with his hands, forgetting that he was, indeed, naked. His skin turned red and he refused to look at himself for a moment, crushing his eyes shut.
"I'm sorry! I just... I don't know what to do." he admitted, defeated.

How different these sides of him where. One was clearly a warrior of the wolf, capable of murder and things beyond. The other, innocent and unknowing Drede unprepared for the world he was thrown into. Talk about bipolar disorders....

She laughs softly and goes over to him tipping up his blushing face gently, "relax, I have seen penis' before. You are fine, you can't run like that, come we will find you some coverings. Then you should rest. You will have a large journey tomorrow if you want to reach the colony by nightfall.. and you want to reach the colony by night fall trust me" she smiles at him trying her best to be gentle and reassuring, aware that she sucks at it

(oh crap!!!)
He trusted her, knowing nothing else. He saw the uncertainty in her eyes though, and it concerned him. He felt that he could take on any challenge that came his way, but he was still frightened. He was already starting to get more lapses in his memory, holes where thoughts should fill it. He felt darkness there, like an ominous black hole that he knew nothing about.

(lol I just didn't want it to disappear lol)
She smiles and finds him some clothes off of a dead body, "they smell but its better then nothing..." she smiles and taps his nose quite fond of the him already. "I only have the one bed... so you can crash there tonight. I will sleep in the trees.

"Inara.... Why can't I remember anything?" He asked her as he yanked on his clothes.

The smell bothered him, like putting on someone else's skin.

She looks at him and sighs, "I don't know Youdai... I remember everything. Its a mystery to me how you have somehow managed to lose everything...." She looks at him apologetically not sure how she can help him, she hands him the map she drew. "that will get you to the colony"

He looked at the map rolled up in his hands and then to her. And for the rest of that night, he looked at that scroll in solitude. He did not ask for food, nor water. He didn't ask for anything. He didn't speak a word, until morning, when he was supposed to leave.
"Thank you... I won't bother you any longer. I will try to find you when I find out more about myself. I will not forget you."
His eyes, she now could see, were two different colors: gold and blue. Neither one looked happy to leave, but so he did.

She smiles at him trying to be supportive... she had been doing better of late... "um... maybe I will visit the colony... I could use some supplys" this was a lie but for some reason she couldn't leave this hybrid alone... she felt drawn to him

"I've thought a lot about this.... Allow me to return to you in a month. Let me find out what I can about myself and about others. I'll be ok." he said, a sad smile on his face

He waved goodbye, and took off into the forest. But he didn't come back in one month, and he didn't return in two. Soon, three months had passed and there had been no word of the hybrid drede mystery.

She sighs and goes tot he colony looking for him, she asks around and eventually finds him deep in a cell. She arches a brow seeing his poor state and wonders what such a shy little innocent boy like he could have possibly done. "Youdai, you broke your promise to me. So I came to get you."