Undying (Sign-up/Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suddenly like you more, Somn. XD but yeah seriously.. I'm genuinely curious. It's nothing more than being a troll if you add input into something you aren't interested in it. He does have a point, but I feel if you don't like an apocalyptic setting, then something is definitely wrong.

Those who genuinely love a undead, or disaster themed concept, don't care if it's overused. I'm one of those who loves them. Probably explains why I always think a zombie virus will become a reality one day. Though I think of that as just an extra form of entertainment, killing things that should really have just stayed dead the first time.

I make a remark on it for the basic factor of I was invited and wanted to offer up a character sheet, of course, if you'd rather me not join or further, not offer input, then state so.

I am no troll, in any formulaic fashion whatsoever, I simply made my stance known so that I wouldn't be assumed to be of some less suitable terminology is all. I like an apocalyptic setting also, just find that these sorts, the zombification variety, they devolve into who has the best guns and the libertine variety of roleplay on most occasions, but, if done correctly, it is in no way overused.

Annnnnd, I like Herz more again XD

No I was just wondering why you would say something like that about something you weren't planning to join. On the subject of guns, everything should be realistic, but not overboard. I only posted the MSR because my step dad has one. But best gun doesn't always mean best gun. What if your gun jams in the middle of a swarm?

So, there's always that chance it may jam, always that chance you may be stupid, and forget to take it off safety, and always that chance that, in all the excitement, you pushed an empty clip into the gun, and so on. Like I said, realistic. I don't plan on it being fair to anyone, myself included. I'm actually planning on building a lovely structure for shelter, that in the midst of an attack, happens the give in to the opposing force.

Just goes to show that even if you were initially successful, it can always backfire.

MSR is a fairly easy to get firearm, you'll see what I mean in the future, I mean, you do have Him in the rp, so, you'll get the problems soon enough.

But again, lots can happen in three months, weapons get dropped, change hands, fall into disrepair, and can be unreliable sometimes. So once again, realistic. you won't just always find a perfect weapon, and hopefully people come to understand that.

Players in these less experience roleplays -I mean the players- rarely do understand realism, they are here to be overpowered, not realistic.

If they're interested in overpowered, they should make their own rp based on overpowering.

They typically cannot, people don't join them.

someone should make a site for overpowered stuff, so those kids who like overpowered will go there, and we intelligent people can have fun roleplaying like the awesome people we are.

I just thought we'd progressively get better things as the story goes on.
I don't know what I'm saying. Please ignore the nub.

Well yes, in theory. But even still, no matter what you get, it would always have a chance of being messed up, jammed, broke, etc.

I don't know. Choosing weapons in these types of RPs have always been hit or miss, depending on who you're with.

I would think that starting with less with a bit more realistic start (baseball bats, pickaxe) would bring more tension.

But this isn't my RP, so I think I'm overstepping my boundaries, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Link Cantwell

Appearance:
yLMZyHH.jpg

Quick Bio: Link was an apprentice private investigator for a small out of town company. He was considered skilled in the field, taking over when his boss caught the sickness. He also lived in a town with a curiosities shop where his own father worked, and when his own father caught the sickness, he told Link to take one weapon and put him out of his misery. Link choose one of the swords, and for the sake of his father not coming back, Link committed a reverse hara-kiri and decapitated his father.

Personality: Calm and ruthless when it comes to his job, Link will effectively carry out his missions and tasks without a complaint unless it comes against his moral code. He is kind and friendly otherwise, charitable and always willing to help the Group.

Role(Major): Hunter

Role(Minor): Scavenger

Primary:
katana.jpg

Secondary:
448914-desert_eagle.jpg

Consumable: A canteen of water, two bags of berries and trail mix for long journeys and a small first aid kit, and one clip of extra ammo.

Keepsake(If any): A picture of his father hugging him as a child.

Misc.(If any): Wears a crucifix necklace.

@Aragwen Krisaadi

Arc, Accepted! just stop tagging me in all your posts, please. ^_^

Name: Jason Mcarthy

Appearance: Short Hair, Hunting jacket and blue jeans

Quick Bio: Although the outbreak began when he was still relatively young, Jason was able to take care of himself. He may not know exactly what is going on to make people act like they are, but he can handle it all the same. With his rifle and a knife, he feels invincible.

Personality: Safe, level headed, slightly paranoid

Role(Major): Hunter

Role(Minor): Crafter

Primary: A Ruger 10/22 Rifle, with shortened buttstock, 10 round magazine and a light 4x scope, originally used for hunting.

Secondary: A 6 inch buck skinning knife, extremely sharp

Consumable: A can of bug spray

Keepsake(If any): His grandfather's plate gold cross necklace

Misc.(If any): An extra pair of dry socks

Accepted, Gav! Like the choice of weaponry and consumable XD

Since I assume we aren't getting anyone else, you may start, if you want.

How should we go about starting? Just introducing ourself and running with it or what?

Not yet, I will create my character sheet immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.