Under Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
The large tray of food was delicious!
He'd never had half the things on it but he wasn't hesitant to try any of it.
As soon as he was finished, and stuffed, he fell back in bed and promptly passed out.
It hadn't been intentional since he'd wanted to read, but that's just how it ended up.
Since he'd never slept on a bed, or blanket and pillow, for that matter, he was snoring in mere seconds.

He remained asleep for about seven hours before the need to pee woke him up.
Unfortunately he couldn't exactly walk himself to the bathroom.
After a few minutes of contemplation he tried shouting for Alex.
He tried a couple more shouts before trying to get out of bed...and promptly thunking to the floor.
"Oomph!"
Well, that had been uncomfortable!

"Aleeeeeeex!"
He wasn't hurting too much, but really had to pee!!

Alex had fallen asleep on the couch not soon after a boring episode of Judge Judy showed on his television screen, he enjoyed her shows but it was a rerun she'd seen a million times, and it lulled him to a content rest of sleep that washed over like a wave. The shouts had slowly brought him to wake until he heard a thunk, he paused and listened, did he hear that right? He then heard the long, cry out for his name - not so much of in pain but it sounded more in annoyance. Then again, he'd been asleep, he could have heard the tone wrong, he stood up and walked into the bedroom where he found the other collapsed on the floor, on his front and lying there like a beached whale or dolphin, unable to move and helpless. Of course he had his arms that he could use, but the pressure on his leg might cause a surging pain to web through his muscles, and that was never good... He bent down and lifted Fin from the carpet floor and gave a huff as he held him by his under arms, standing behind him as he made sure that he stood on his unharmed leg. "What is it that you need?" He asked, the ends of his words converted to a yawn, a stiffle of letters.

Fin had thought about moving with one leg but his balance was bad enough as it is.
He often found himself stumbling randomly, just on two legs.
Being on one with a hurt leg?
That's just begging for a disaster to happen!

When Alexander helped him up Fin squirmed.
"Godda peeeeee!"
Nope, didn't give a crap if he said it bluntly.
When you had to go bathroom in the ocean, you just did.
Humans were weird about that, but he knew Alex would probably appreciate him not peeing on the bed.
The second he got in range he pulled himself free of the boxers and quickly emptied with a sigh.
His body was very good at storing water but being dry for so long had it confused.
When he was finished he glanced towards the tub and frowned, but let his boxers drop to the floor as he carefully climbed in, then sat down.
He knew he should probably keep the odd cloth on his leg dry, so he lifted that over the edge before reaching over to mess with the knobs.
After watching Alexander earlier, he easily managed to get the water going.
As it drifted around his body Fin seemed to relax, not embarrassed in the least to be lacking clothing.
He would never wear such things in the water and wearing a shirt or something of that sort in such conditions were dangerous.
His gills needed to be able to open when in water or he was going to have trouble breathing correctly.

Upon the other's plea to use the restroom, he walked the other into the bathroom, the toilet was in a small area behind a door within the bathroom all in itself, as if someone attempted to copy the French but make it seem more 'American' in a way. He never understood it, but it was good for being by himself, once at the door to the secluded toilet, he let the other go to hobble and do what he needed, leaving to go and pick up around the bedroom so it wasn't a disaster or a mess, he couldn't stand that, it festered on his mind and he often grew upset if he couldn't maintain his living space. As he left the room to set the dishes away, he heard the water run, more than likely Fin was in the bathtub again, he'd been out of water for quite some time now, and more than likely he needed the water every so often to replenish his gills and skin.

Fin took about twenty minutes to soak up the water of the bath.
It felt nice but he really didn't like being stuck in such a tight confine.
He drank a good half gallon before finally shutting of the flow and getting himself out.
A few faint patches of dark blue scales spotted around his left eye, left shoulder, and right waist.
Guess his mer side was a bit confused and had started to change.
Thankfully it got the idea that he was just wetting himself enough to feel comfortable again.
He honestly wasn't used to sleeping for so long, but that bed?
Totally wanted to go back to it!

Since he was feeling a bit better Fin carefully made himself get up.
It took some effort and the help of the wall, but he was able to get back to the bedroom and flop into bed.
"Mmnn, I like dis bed."
Glancing up at Alex, Fin scooted over to the other side and grinned sleepily.
"I don't care if you sleep here...this is yours, anyways."
He understood that he was just a visitor, and when other mer visited his territory, they knew he owned the area.
Fin just felt really bad putting Alex out of his bed.

Alex shook his head when he reentered the bedroom and heard the other's comment, grabbing the towel on the bed and patting the other gently with it before grabbing the boxers in the bathroom, setting it on the bed before he returned to the bathroom and drained the tub. He sighed and brushed his hair back before he walked out and thought about it, "No - you're the guest. You're sleeping there, I don't need it." He murmured, he didn't want to get close to him much either, the wound would take maybe seven or so weeks to heal, and then he'd send the male on his way where they'd part. "Don't worry, anyway - get some more rest." He murmured, it was like helping a wild animal, healing the wounds and releasing the wild, untamed creation back into the habitat it was so used to.

Fin watched Alex bustle around, feeling more or less, useless.
He hated not being able to do things for himself.
It was the worst thing in the world for a mer not to be able to move, and with him being a dolphin?
Yeah, he was fidgety on the inside from pent up energy that was normally burned swimming about.
"My injury should heal within a week or two...we heal faster than humans."
Alex said he wouldn't be writing stuff down, so it should be okay to let him know that.
Of course Fin wasn't going to spill his gills with information, either.
When he was told to go to sleep he didn't argue, but it really did suck being in another's territory.
Taking over their things was just not right in his mind.
"Tomorrow I will sleep on the floor.
This is your territory and I don't like sleeping where you would."
It wasn't a thought to be rude, the bed was great, but still.
It was bad manners to take someone elses comfort.
If Alex argued it tomorrow then Fin would just not eat.
He knew this man, for some reason, cared about his wellbeing, so surely that would get him to cave.

Once the other left the room Fin slowly fell back into a deep sleep.

Alexander nodded when told the information about how fast it would heal, he knew he would have to bring the other to the beach at night, that way no one saw him slip in the water. He sighed and made his way out of the room, he didn't like the fact the other wouldn't lay in the bed tomorrow, he had another bed upstairs he could sleep on, he could have put the other there. But it would just mean a longer walk for Alexander, and the bathroom wasn't right there for him. He pursed his lips as he made his way to the couch where he laid down and got comfortable, his leather couch always felt the best, and with a nice fluffy blanket - perfect and just heavenly to him. Alexander soon slipped into sleep as well, and not soon after - he was awake. However, now it was morning, it didn't feel like he'd slept much, but he was out the entire night. Alexander yawned and stood up, going up stairs to bathe in the guest bathroom, he had clothing up stairs that he could just wear, he'd make breakfast too, feed the other first, then himself... Most of what he would do would now have to focus on Fin, making sure he heals up fast enough to be set free like he'd so rudely demanded.

The sound of water running had Fin blinking his sleepy eyes open.
"Nnnnn?"
It took him a minute to realize he wasn't anywhere near the beach, then another to remember where he actually was.
The panic this time was thankfully much less, though he did glance around, expecting to be grabbed by a human.
When nothing happened he flopped his head back down and nuzzled the soft blankets.
Okay.
So he was in Alexander's house.
That had to be it. That guy brought him home last night, or morning?
Morning sounded correct.
Things slowly began to come back to him as he forced himself to sit up.
His hair was a complete mess atop his head since the humidity in the room was nothing like near the ocean.
He also felt extremely thirsty and dry.
Bath.

With a grunt Fin got himself out of the bed and carefully used the wall to hop along to the bathroom.
It was right where he remembered, sweet.
As soon as he relieved himself he slid into the tub and got the water running, sighing when it hit his body and he began to absorb the much needed liquid.
While he soaked Fin removed the bandaging on his leg, allowing his fluke to take its place to stretch the muscles.
It would also help the healing, though a new bandage would be needed now.
At least the injury looked much better today.

Once out of the shower, Alexander walked into his study, drying off and hanging the towel before he grabbed something to wear - it was more like sweat clothing or pajama clothing. He brushed a lock of hair from his face - it was damp and clung to his face until it was slicked back by hand. He then dressed properly and he walked down the stairs to the kitchen, he pulled out eggs, bacon, butter, jam, pancake mix, cheese, and then he pulled out bread and a toaster, he also grabbed syrup. He began to make breakfast for the other, two eggs with salt and pepper, just a little cheese. He toasted the bread and buttered it too, he made the bacon and he continued to make pancakes. Once everything was made - in a span of ten minutes, he set it on a trey and began towards where Fin was resting, he'd feed him there and then go to cook for himself.

Fin was back in the room right before Alex got there.
He had the boxers tugged on but again, that's all.
He wasn't a huge fan of human clothing!
Right as he sat down he smelled the food coming and literally started to drool.
No manners in the ocean...not really necessary.
It was a bit odd drooling on himself though, gonna stop that after a minute.

Fin gladly took the tray, not hesitating to eat a good amount before realizing something.
"Salt."
He tasted it on the eggs, and realized that's the other reason why he was healing slowly and feeling off.
Looking back up at Alexander he calmly asked if he could have more.
After living in salt his whole life, it was kind of needed in excess.
What he would normally ingest in the water was probably triple, or even quadruple, what humans may be able to eat in a day.
As he waited for an answer Fin continued to eat.
Wasting food was never okay.
Though those darn birds tended to eat your food for you if you weren't quick enough!

Alexander heard the only comment from the other of the day and raised a brow until he heard the question if he could have more, he gave a nod and headed back into the kitchen where he cooked once more. Bacon had it's own salts in it, and the butter wasn't salt free, he didn't really like the salt free kind. He whipped up another batch of eggs with salt and pepper with a bit of cheese, some more bacon, and this go around - he made hash browns. Once that was prepared, he headed into the bedroom and set it down, collecting what was already devoured and taking it to the bathroom to wash later. In the mean time, he began to clean up the kitchen and put away all the things he'd taken out. Once everything was in line again, he toasted a plain bagel and placed cream cheese on it before he sat down on the living room couch, taking a bite. Alexander would wait until he was called in, seeing as he figured the other would want to eat in peace, that way he didn't wolf it down too fast.

Er.
When that second helping of food came along Fin blinked.
He had honestly meant he wanted more salt.
Guess he should have just said that.
Kinda slipped his mind that humans had the little containers with it already packaged.
It took him a few minutes to hobble into the living room, but then he carefully sat down with the food, offering it to Alex.
The gesture was rare in ocean dwelling creatures, but he really wasn't that hungry after his first meal, especially since he hadn't done much exercise yesterday.

"Here. You keep making me so much, but I'm full now.
I think I just need salt."
Also, it was a bit odd getting all this food for no work.
"Is there anything I can do to help?
This food can't be cheap to catch..."
He had a feeling they bought some of their things, but surely you still had to catch some stuff?
Heh, Fin in a grocery store would be rather humorous.

"Catch?" He questioned, standing up and going into the kitchen to get a container of salt for the other to have for whatever reasons he needed. As he walked back, he handed him the container, "I don't catch things. I go to a store and purchase the things, most things aren't caught unless it's a sea creature like fish." He murmured as he sat down and took the food that wasn't eaten, he'd had his bagel, but he'd gladly eat more if he was offered it. "No, there's nothing you can really do, there's not much to pick up after or anything so just rest." He muttered to the other, seeing as resting would help the healing process, and once that was done with, they could part at the fork in the road. "Besides, even if there was, you're in no condition to do anything."

Bah, he had a point...
With a slight frown Fin took the container of salt, upending it into his mouth until he swallowed a decent amount.
After living in the salty ocean all his life, the taste didn't bother him at all.
And when that salt hit his system?
Definitely was feeling better!
When Alex finished up most of the other food Fin got an idea.
It was a bit odd, considering he tried not to give away information, but perhaps this time it would be a good idea.

"How about...I answer some questions?
Surely you're curious, you kept coming back when you saw me, and you took a few notes.
If you don't write anything down, I can maybe answer some of your interests?"
Sure it was a bit dangerous, but he wanted to give back.
If Alex hadn't saved him he would have been picked apart by the gulls or gone back to the shark.

Alexander downed the last of his food, he didn't seem disturbed by the enormous, painful amount of salt that would cause any human's mouth to pucker and salivate to no extent. Upon the other's comment, he furrowed his brows, taking his dishes to the sink where he washed them without a care, he didn't know how to answer that, in all truth... "No, it's fine. I have no use for the information, I deleted all my files on you last night, like you asked - it's all in the shredder. But thank you for the offer." He murmured, flashing a warm smile to the other, it wasn't of use for him if he couldn't do anything with the information. It would just sit around and collect dust, he had sworn not to do anything to the mer creature.

Fin frowned, wondering where the man's interest had gone.
Surely he was after more than just the ability to share the information with other humans?
Shrugging off that thought for now, he carefully got himself up to watch what Alex was doing.
Washing the plates?
Having never eaten on anything that wasn't disposable, Fin wasn't used to the gesture.
He really wanted to help, but the dishes already seemed mostly done.
After a long minute of silence he leaned on the counter and gave his best puppy-fish face.
"Lemme do something.
I feel giddy and we're normally really active...
Let me do something, even just cleaning."
Of course he had no idea how to really clean a human home, but surely he could learn!
Even scrubbing the bathtub, since he was using it so much, would give him somewhere to release his energy and pay Alex back.

Alexander looked at the other with a glower, thinking of what he had to offer the other ,seeing as he didn't honestly have much for the other to do since he normally did the things in his home... "I guess... Go up to my study and clean up there. Possibly dust and organize my books." He murmured, he told the other where the room was and continued to wash the dishes, he then tucked them away in the dish washer before drying his hands and allowing the sink to drain of its contents. He looked around and made his way back to the couch where he took a seat, just about all of his facts on Fin had been destroyed, but there wasn't a lot of facts on him, he didn't have a lot to write down either...

Fin smiled wide as he was finally given a chore.
He wasn't a fan of steps in general, but he didn't complain as he hopped off to go upstairs.
His leg wasn't wrapped up right now so it wasn't hindering movement as much.
Besides, the injury was visibly healing great and would probably be finished earlier than thought.
The extra salt he'd eaten was already helping regenerate the hurt tissue.

After an interesting hobble upstairs Fin found himself in the designated area.
Fin got straight to work, grabbing a small duster tool sitting by the desk.
He was meticulous with everything he did.
The books were stacked, ordered by alphabet, dust was vanquished, and everything was put back where it belonged...or at least with other things like it.
When he'd finally finished it was about two hours later...and yeah, totally reading on one of the chairs in there with a book open.
Not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth being in a room full of books!

Alexander made his way up the stairs about an hour into the other's work, "I'm going out for a few minutes, I'll be back soon." With that said, he managed down the stairs and left the house - he had to do grocery shopping was all he really had to do, maybe pick up a few extra things for the house. Alexander was back at the house in the time of twenty minutes, he then began to place things in the fridge and throw away things that had gone bad. Once all was done on his part, he walked up the stairs to still see Fin cleaning the room. He pursed his lips and turned to the bathroom that was just down the corridor from the room that Fin was in, he then proceeded to clean within there, unsure if the chemicals would harm him since his skin absorbed most things, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.