True love between species?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chane followed her outside and smiled. This time he took her to a chinese restaurant where he'd order a wok2walk meal. Waiting in line he purposely bumped into her though for prolonged periods of time. Again to check if her body language was in tune with the rest of her behavior towards him. "I hope you can take chinese food." He grinned. "Its pretty well seasoned and i love it but some people seem to end up on the john because of it."

Zoey dug into her handbag and took out her purse. "Yeah, Chinese is fine" She says and then orders her meal, paying the cashier once it was her turn in line. She took her food and then sat down at a table for two. She picked at her food a little and then looked over at Chane, she wondered why he was so interested in her. Even Damian, her last boyfriend had lost interest in her and left her. She decided hat she should just be happy, he seemed sweet and interested in her and even took her out to lunch.

Chane opened his box of food and sat down at a table. He looked at Zoey as soon as she sat down. Carefully he watched her eyes.something was definitely off. About everything. Her eyes, her scent, her overall aura. "Hows the food?" he asked genuinely curious.

Zoey's eyes met his and she blushes, quickly looking away. What was with the blush? She asks herself. She continued to eat her meal and then nodded. "This tastes really great" She says and then went back to eating. When she was done she just sat there and then smiled at him. "Thanks for taking me out to lunch again, it was very kind of you".

Chane smiled. "The pleasure is all mine. Thanks to you i have the best view in town during my lunch." His senses were especially keen. within a few days he's be closest to beasthood he could be while in human form. The scent she had was something he faintly recognised. "May i ask where you're roots lie?"

Zoey looks up at him. "Roots?" She questioned. Soon enough, his scent came drifting in her direction. She wondered why he was so interested in taking her out to lunch, her out of all of the girls in the office. What made her so interesting? Her secret perhaps, but no one knew about that. Except people who knew about the supernatural world and her family.

He nodded "Like where did you grow up? Where were you born, and what about your parents? I cant quite make out where you're from by your accent or appearance."

"We just grew up in a small village. My family usually keeps themselves to themselves" Zoey shrugged. She didn't usually talk about her family much. That meant gving out her vampire identity. "What about your family? Where were you born?" She questioned.

He smiled. "Well actually im kind of a country boy. I lived on a farm near the woods for my entire childhood. Both my parents are alive and well. I dont see them often. I have one two younger brothers and... thats about it." Half of that was a lie.. his sister was killed for assaulting and patially eating hi mother. He still had his dad, his brother and he did actually live on a farm.

Zoey nodded "Oh, I see". "Are you finished with your meal?" She asks and then noticed that time was running along, work would be starting up again in a couple of minutes. She sighed. Work was not only boring, but repetitive.

Chane put his food down. "Nearly but theres something i wanted to ask. You may not like me asking it but i have to. Its very likely i already know the answer but i need to ask anyway." With a serious face and completely focused eyes he asked. "Why, Zoey, are your eyes red?"

Zoey quickly shook her head and just shrugged. "Oh. I wear glasses, and picked up he wrong contacts, I picked up my Halloween ones this morning" She says a laughed, but her laugh was a little too shaky to be sincere.

Chane leaned backwards and crossed his arms. "I know we can both smell eachother Zoey. Im not going to tear your throat out. Im not that old flashioned." He sighed. "But not that we forcibly got to know eachother a little too well." he chuckled. "We can go on an honest date and NOT lie, shall we?"

Zoey chewed her bottom lip and then looked down at the table they were at. "Shall we go back to work?" She says and then looks back up again, smiling at him. She stood up and then left after she got her things. Now they had five minutes left until work started again, but they'd make it back in time because they weren't that far away from work.

Chane followed smiling and brushed against her hand with his. "Look im sorry if i was a little invasive. But its full moon soon and my senses are a little keener than usual. Hell i can smell peoples hormones sometimes when im like this." He started walking. "Tonight im gonna take you to dinner, alright?"

Zoey places her hand in his "It's okay!" She replies and then smiles. "I'd love that! What time?" She asks, looking at him. Now that she got to know him a lot more over lunch and at work she was beginning to like him.

He blushed as she put her hand in his and smiled. "How about after work we both go back to our places, play dress-up and meet out front of the office? Then we'll walk to the best restaurant in town. I'd wanna drive you but my car is in the garage and its so busy in the streets at night itll be difficult to.." He smiled triumphantly. If she really was what he hoped and thought she was he actually saw a future with her. Not like years and years bu at least a steady relatioship.
"Hey about that apartment... Theres a couple empty ones in my building. Its a little expansive but still affordable. You might want to take a look at that."

Zoey nodded as she thought about it. "Yeah.... I may as well move out soon" She said. "Who knows? Maybe after a couple of weeks of working at the office I might be able to afford a new apartment". It turned out that they got to work on time, and Zoey took a seat at her desk and computer. She decided to get to work straight away, it was boring but if she wanted to move out then she just had to ignore that. She glanced about, waiting until work ended.

Chane, being somewhat of a geek, had managed to 'hack' the system and made himself an administrator. This allowed him to send messages through pinging computers. Quickly he found out what computer was Zoey's and sent her a ping "Im done with my work. If you want i could probably automate some of yours. Also, dont tell the boss im able to do this."

Zoey looked over at Chane and then nodded. She wondered what she would wear to dinner, she'd find a fancy gown in her wardobe. She didn't go to many special occasions, and didn't get a chance to wear her nice dresses so this would be an opportunity for her to wear them. Maybe she'd try some makeup too, she wasn't that into makeup but maybe she'd put some on that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.